Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3189446 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2470 on: February 04, 2007, 04:27:15 pm »

Awww, isn't this sweet, what he has to say about our dear boy....

(Here is the link to where I lifted this from:)

http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/cl-ca-convers4feb04,0,6280985.story?coll=cl-movies

Last week he was at his New York apartment talking to director Bill Condon about the Oscars but hung out long enough to answer a few questions.

and further down:

INTERVIEWER'S QUESTION:  Speaking of things you can see on YouTube, did you see Jake Gyllenhaal performing it on "Saturday Night Live" a few weeks ago?

ANSWER:  He was so cute! He has a wonderful smile. And it's funny he was wearing the gown with those perfect biceps and all. A handsome young man!

I thought he was wonderful to take on that cowboy movie, "Brokeback Mountain," and I thought he was a doll doing the song on "SNL." What a lovely essence he has. He seems like such a good young man, filled with love, and the more the better with that. Look at the films you see — they're all about breaking people's bones and making them bleed and killing them. I prefer seeing joy.

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2471 on: February 04, 2007, 05:08:13 pm »
This is an old pic of Jake at the premiere of The Good Girl. I don't recall ever seen Brad Pitt with so much hair on his face. He looks like a werewolf! Jake looks very young here, doesn't he?

Please, click to enlarge

I like the way Brad is shaking Jake's hand.  The ole' two handed pump.  O0

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2472 on: February 04, 2007, 07:15:27 pm »
Eeep! Jane, your image-intensive posts *really* should come with a health hazard warning!  :P

Offline David

« Reply #2473 on: February 06, 2007, 08:20:43 pm »
This is an old pic of Jake at the premiere of The Good Girl. I don't recall ever seen Brad Pitt with so much hair on his face. He looks like a werewolf! Jake looks very young here, doesn't he?

Please, click to enlarge

Brad and Jake?   OMG!   I'd give up a kidney just to spend 15 minutes in bed naked with the two of them!

Offline David

« Reply #2474 on: February 06, 2007, 08:28:14 pm »
Until BBM,  I had never seen any movies with Jake or Heath other than Bubble boy.  Which I liked by the way.

I did see part of the Patriot.   Gee thanks.   Jack dying in BBM was bad enough!

Then I saw Monsters Ball.    OMG!  that was another shocker.

Heaths new movie Candy doesn't sound very uplifting either, so I'm going to skip that one.     I am tired of seeing our boys hurt and/or dying.

So i saw that Jake was going to be on TV in "The Good Girl" so I recorded it to watch tonight.   

Let's hope it will cheer me up after all those unhappy Heath movies.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2475 on: February 06, 2007, 09:21:47 pm »
Umm, David, not exactly an uplifting ending.  Not gonna cheer you up, I'm afraid. 

I had seen Jake in exactly nothing before BBM.  Then caught The Good Girl  by chance.  Then rented Donnie Darko.  Couldn't help but notice a trend...

I thought to myself, "Does Jake have to die in every film? Huh?  What's up with that?"

And, yeah, David, Candy  is not too uplifing, either. 

Offline David

« Reply #2476 on: February 07, 2007, 07:48:07 am »
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Geeez!    Doesn't this guy make any happy films?     ARG!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2477 on: February 07, 2007, 07:56:02 am »
Umm, David, not exactly an uplifting ending.  Not gonna cheer you up, I'm afraid. 

I had seen Jake in exactly nothing before BBM.  Then caught The Good Girl  by chance.  Then rented Donnie Darko.  Couldn't help but notice a trend...

I thought to myself, "Does Jake have to die in every film? Huh?  What's up with that?"

And, yeah, David, Candy  is not too uplifing, either. 

But he dies in three films only. Donnie Darko, The Good Girl and BBM. That's it. In The Day After Tomorrow, Bubble Boy, October Sky, Jarhead and Proof, he is alive and well. I can't tell about the rests because I have not seen them.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2478 on: February 07, 2007, 08:01:41 am »
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Geeez!    Doesn't this guy make any happy films?     ARG!

Do you want a Jake movie that'll cheer you up? Well, try Jarhead. The overall topic of the movie is not happy one but seeing Jake half naked in many scenes might cheer you up. Especialy the santa hat dance scene. That'll cheer you up for sure! LOL
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

« Reply #2479 on: February 07, 2007, 08:10:35 am »
Yup.  Seen Jarhead.  It was nice seeing Jake in his Santas hat dancing, plus listening talk about how much he masturbates, but other than that, the rest of the movies tone is quite dark.   And again, we see him very very hurt and sad at the end.