Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3192477 times)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2560 on: February 28, 2007, 12:23:15 am »
Jake will be on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" TONIGHT Tuesday, February 27th, 2007! (NBC - 12:35 ET)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2561 on: February 28, 2007, 01:59:01 pm »
I went to bed at 10:30 dead tired.  I woke up at 12:29.  Coincidence?  I think not.

I rarely watch Conan, and he is kinda strange, but he was more clued in to Jake.  Jake was cute in the light-colored suit (those pants were tight).  He was cute and charming, funny stories of the poisonous Moroccan toad, and Ramona's poop.

He did say something about not wanting to change a diaper again until it's his own child. (Aside to Jake:  we can adopt.)

I have to say I was underwhelmed with the Zodiac clips, both on Letterman and on Conan. 

I don't get Comedy Central, so, please, someone, review his time with Jon Stewart.

moremojo

« Reply #2562 on: February 28, 2007, 02:26:47 pm »
I don't get Comedy Central, so, please, someone, review his time with Jon Stewart.
I missed the Conan appearance, having gotten home later than usual and dead-tired myself. I should catch 'The Daily Show', so I hope I can comment sometime tomorrow.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2563 on: February 28, 2007, 04:30:53 pm »
I liked both clips, actually, particularly the one on Letterman - I liked that because the "beat" Jake did after his son said "How come you and Mom don't sleep in the same bedroom anymore?" was *PERFECT*.

I like that it's not all razzamatazz - that it's quiet character-developing moments.  I'm not much of an action movie fan, per ce - I like slow character studies.  I think it's wise that they're showing these clips and not the more explosive ones of the killer in action or the guys pursuing him at the height of their stress with the situation, because I think it would give people a false impression of the kind of movie it's going to be.

I for one am looking very much forward to it based on these clips (guess that goes without saying, though, huh?  ;))

And I just bought the two best seats in the house in the "Upper Deck" section of our Muvico theater - front and center of the balcony - for 7:00 Friday night.  I'm uber-psyched.

And I'll most likely stay up for The Daily Show tonight.  I'll be watching "Lost" until 11:00 anyway.  At that point, going to bed immediately afterwards knowing I could be looking at and listening to Jake in yet another beautiful suit in 10 minutes is absolutely inconceivable.

No more beans!

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #2564 on: March 01, 2007, 12:24:11 am »
Yay, lots of Jake-goodness lately.

Um, what is TRL?

I caught the Letterman, Conan, AND Good Morning America appearances, so far, and I'm watching The Daily Show right now waiting for more adorable Jake.

He interviews so well!  Made me LOL - he's funny and makes the cutest expressions with his face.

I hardly ever go to the movies, but I want to see Zodiac.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2565 on: March 01, 2007, 12:48:50 am »
My sister went to a free screening of 'Zodiac' and she was underwhelmed.  More focused on how looooooooog the movie was - 2 hours 45 minutes apparently.  She did say 'Jake was cute, as usual.'   Another friend stated he went to the same screening and said it was fantastic.

A friend e-mailed and asked me to the movies.  I said 'Zodiac'.  I don't care about the reviews - which have been excellent so far - 'Jake's in it and that's good enough for me.'

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2566 on: March 01, 2007, 01:13:22 am »

Um, what is TRL?

I hardly ever go to the movies, but I want to see Zodiac.

TRL is on MTV and stands for Total Request Live.  Its basically the top 10 video countdown.   they always have a guest appearances.  Jake's been on before and pop stars like Britney Spears, JLo and others help make the show fun.

The kids love Jake ever since his movie Donnie Darko.  It became a teen cult movie.

omg the daily show was such a short interview.   It was good though and Jake looked great!

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2567 on: March 01, 2007, 02:42:59 am »
Yay, lots of Jake-goodness lately.

Um, what is TRL?

Stealing somebody's joke from over at DC:

TRL = teenagers, really loud

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2568 on: March 01, 2007, 01:03:01 pm »
Old photos BUT I didn't think anyone would complain. Back Girl??

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2569 on: March 01, 2007, 01:04:44 pm »
From the NY "Zodiac" screening: