Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3195628 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2820 on: April 25, 2007, 01:41:14 pm »

:o cowboy, greaser, student, marine, it's all good!  my eyes hurt and my heart aches from his gorgeousness  :P
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2821 on: April 25, 2007, 01:43:15 pm »
Yep i know what you mean.
That night hea and Lreen are at the charity thing and he's all in Black sitting out on that bench!
Holy Cow! Now that is hot! Smokin Hot!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2822 on: April 25, 2007, 03:41:44 pm »
I have a feling---to answer my original question myself roflmao--that jake as a 50's greaser would be one F#$@&^G drop dead experience
lol

Holy guacamole - an image just flashed into my addled brain of him in Danny Zuko black, muscles a rippin', singing "Greased Lightning."  You know, that pointing thing?

:o

I think I need to go splash cold water on my face.
No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2823 on: May 01, 2007, 09:48:59 pm »
 here's a few of my fave B&W pics of Jake

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2824 on: May 06, 2007, 07:37:58 am »
I've just added another Jake film to my collection - October Sky. Despite the fact that the same story has been told numerous times, - especially with a coal mine society background for those of us Europeans who grew up on similar English TV series and then went on to Billy Elliott; - I really liked the film. It had a quiet, earnest innocence to it, the period feeling seemed very genuine, and thankfully they didn't sugarcoat the whole father/son dynamics thing too much. The actors were good. So yay for Jake. Another film of his I think is outstanding.  :)

I'm also getting geared up for Zodiac which premieres here May 18. I've been looking around the net and it seems to me that though it did get very good reviews (87% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatos and all) it didn't make much of a splash and didn't get a lot of attention or hype. I also just read the thread here on BM dedicated to it, and there the reception seemed lukewarm and the concensus seemed to be that "Jake is playing Jake, and that's not a good thing". Then the discussion died.  :-\ So I was wondering what the tried-and-true Gyllenhaalics here on this thread think of it? Anybody'd like to give me an opinion or a mini-review?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2825 on: May 06, 2007, 09:11:08 am »
Hey Mikalea,
I can't help you with your request, but it's sure nice to see you here  :). Been missing you  :-*.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2826 on: May 06, 2007, 12:43:00 pm »
Das ist sehr süss von dir. Danke schön!  :-*

I think all the Gyllenhaalics must be in hibernation. Or have they migrated....?

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2827 on: May 06, 2007, 02:48:49 pm »
Hello,

I saw 'Zodiac'.  It was very good. Very long.  It was just a cut above a documentary (done documentary style), so you didn't get much into the personal lives of the characters.  It wasn't melodramatic or Hollywood-ized.  In other words, they didn't make a story around the serial killer (like 'Black Dahlia').  They merely made a movie about the events.  I thought it was well done, Jake was perfectly fine in a role about a man who wasn't a Leader-Of-Men Charismatic.  He's being low-key, playing a low-key character in a ensemble piece.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 04:34:11 pm by delalluvia »

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2828 on: May 06, 2007, 03:01:45 pm »

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #2829 on: May 06, 2007, 03:11:54 pm »