Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3182291 times)

Offline sopytofu

• Don't Say Much
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5320 on: December 19, 2010, 12:28:53 pm »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5321 on: December 19, 2010, 05:05:08 pm »
Thanks for reminding me, Sophia.  Shame on me.

Happy Birthday, Jake!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Reese Witherspoon announces plans to remarry
« Reply #5322 on: December 28, 2010, 08:00:37 pm »
Poor Jake.  When someone tells you they're not ready to remarry, then they do something like this, what they really meant was they're not ready to marry YOU.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/reese-witherspoon-announces-plans-for-2nd-marriage/53079
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:28:27 am by delalluvia »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5323 on: December 29, 2010, 05:41:09 am »
Poor Jake.  When someone tells you they're not ready to remarry, then they do something like this, what they really meant was they're not ready to marry YOU.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/reese-witherspoon-announces-plans-for-2nd-marriage/53079

He's pretty attractive.  But Hollywood agent is about the last career I would want my partner to have.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1248536/Reese-Witherspoon-moves-split-Jake-Gyllenhaal-enjoys-date-handsome-Hollywood-agent-Jim-Toth.html

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5324 on: December 29, 2010, 05:42:49 am »
Looks like Jack finally found his blue parka.

Good one, Sonja!

:laugh:

But those pictures of Jake and Michelle are heartbreaking, and Jake looks very sad in them to me.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5325 on: December 29, 2010, 09:08:24 pm »
I was thinking that Jake is 30, and so is Michelle. 

To think, he was only 24 when he filmed BBM.  Think of the maturity of his performance, especially in the Lake Scene, which continues to amaze me with its raw honesty.

Where did that come from?  To me, he WAS 39, filled with sadness and anger and regret and empathy. 

Thank you, Jake. 

Of course, Heath never made it to 30.  So sad. 

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #5326 on: December 31, 2010, 05:00:35 pm »
I was thinking that Jake is 30, and so is Michelle. 

To think, he was only 24 when he filmed BBM.  Think of the maturity of his performance, especially in the Lake Scene, which continues to amaze me with its raw honesty.

Where did that come from?  To me, he WAS 39, filled with sadness and anger and regret and empathy. 

Thank you, Jake. 

Of course, Heath never made it to 30.  So sad. 

I guess for me he'll always be Jack Twist.   Just like Heath will be Ennis Del Mar in my mind   And BBM will always be my fave movie that got unfairly treated at the Oscars

Offline delalluvia

Jake and Taylor Swift are splits
« Reply #5327 on: January 04, 2011, 08:41:57 pm »

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5328 on: January 05, 2011, 05:38:47 pm »
from Perez Hilton today:

The Fall Of Swiftenhaal: Why Taylor & Jake Broke Up!

We're still so sad to report that Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal are no longer an item. We really thought they were so cute together, but apparently, one half of the duo didn't agree.

Details behind the couples abrupt end are finally coming to light and sources are reporting it was Jake who ended things between them. We hear that their brief romance was becoming too much for Jake to handle, as he began to resent all the attention from the media. A source close to the pair explains:

"Jake reached out to her and started all of this, but now he’s not acting as interested. He said he wasn't feeling it anymore and was uncomfortable with all the attention they got. He also said he could feel the age difference. Taylor is really upset. We told her not to move so fast with this but she didn't listen."

Another insider close to Jake added:

"Jake cares about her, but [the publicity] was a lot for him. He wants to keep his private life private, and that’s hard to do dating Taylor."

Aw, poor Swifty! Another broken heart that needs mending!

Just poor it all out into your music, bb! Nothing helps mend the sadness like another #1 album.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #5329 on: January 05, 2011, 07:32:39 pm »
Um since when does Taylor Swift garner more 'publicity' than Reese Witherspoon?