Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3255103 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3300 on: November 04, 2007, 07:08:20 pm »

I think he did well too.  But I think the subject matter was the killer for this movie..The entire
cast was great...good for the whole group, doing this knowing it probably would have a limited
audience...I hope they do well when it comes to award season...?

Beautiful mind

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #3301 on: November 04, 2007, 10:47:48 pm »
Heck, I've seen worse, more graphic torture scenes on the TV show '24'.

On a lighter note, the shirtless Jake scene at the beginning sure was a treat.

And now, I have to share one of those expressive moments that Jake does so well. 
The look in his eyes as Jack here just breaks my heart every time.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3302 on: November 05, 2007, 04:33:54 pm »
I dug this little news tidbit up on collider.com

O. Russell to Nail Gyllenhaal and Biel
11/5/2007

Written by Matt Goldberg

David O. Russell is clearly a temperamental director.  Of course there's his popular and hilarious stand-off with Lily Tomlin on the set of I Heart Huckabees.  And then there's getting punched by George Clooney on the set of Three Kings for allegedly hassling a crew member.  But if he needs to be a dick to make great films like I Heart Huckabees and Three Kings, then I say let O.Russell be O.Russell.

It looks like that won't be a problem as he'll be directing Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel in "the risque political satire", "Nailed".

Let me just first say, the fact that he and co-writer Kristin Gore (yes, she's Al Gore's daughter but she also wrote for a little TV show called Futurama; you've heard of it, maybe?) have combined those three genres is already getting me aroused.  Then there's the plot: Biel plays a woman who gets a nail shot into her head, thus eliciting wild sexual urges.  Biel is not only super-horny, but super-uninsured (and quite frankly, no insurance provider would know what to do with "the nail in my head makes me want to crazy fuck") so she goes to Washington to fight for the rights of the bizarrely injured.  Unfortunately, she meets an immoral congressman (Isn't that a tad repetitive? Hey-oh!) who takes advantage of her disability as both begin to capitalize on their newfound political power.

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news/article.asp/aid/5975/tcid/1
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3303 on: November 05, 2007, 04:35:54 pm »
let me be the first to say:

OMFG.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3304 on: November 05, 2007, 04:36:40 pm »
that sounds very bizarre...  I liked three kings just fine, but couldn't manage to stay awake for I heart huckabees...
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3305 on: November 05, 2007, 04:48:34 pm »
Well... Hmmmm... Jake has been quoted in interviews recently saying he'd like to do something lighthearted for a change.... looks like he's found it...but the potential to be bad is very high  ::)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3306 on: November 05, 2007, 06:03:41 pm »
Erm.... Jake to star in a film, the synopsis of which includes "super-horny", "wild sexual urges" and "immoral"? I'm sure the serious movie appreciator in me would like to mull the pros and cons and theme and downside potential of this over at great length, but she's been shunted brutally aside by the squeeing fangirl in me. Sexy? Horny? Weird? Comical?  Sleazy? Strange? Sexy once more and over and over? Jake can *so* do that! Bring it on! Wo-hoo! 8)

::) at self

Thanks for letting us know about this, Leslie.

mvansand76

« Reply #3307 on: November 05, 2007, 06:11:51 pm »
Erm.... Jake to star in a film, the synopsis of which includes "super-horny", "wild sexual urges" and "immoral"? I'm sure the serious movie appreciator in me would like to mull the pros and cons and theme and downside potential of this over at great length, but she's been shunted brutally aside by the squeeing fangirl in me. Sexy? Horny? Weird? Comical?  Sleazy? Strange? Sexy once more and over and over? Jake can *so* do that! Bring it on! Wo-hoo! 8)

::) at self

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3308 on: November 05, 2007, 07:38:26 pm »
Alright!  My two crushes in hot, sexy scenes together..  Awesome!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3309 on: November 05, 2007, 09:00:47 pm »
Jake's name in Rendition was "Freeman"?

Can you get any more heavy handed than that?   :P

Jessica Biel...bleh.  She has a great body, but I've noticed no talent to go along with that body, her face isn't much to look at either.