Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3795383 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2170 on: July 12, 2007, 01:25:24 pm »
She said that she and Ledger tend to walk around with sulky scowls when the photogs lurk so that the pictures won't get published. "They're looking for photos that make us look like we're living the happy life," she said.

But those scowling pictures DO get published. I see them all the time -- not just of Heath and Michelle, of course, but of all kinds of celebrities. So I would think they'd be as in demand as the happy ones. And however much I wouldn't like paparazzi taking pictures of me, I'm pretty sure that when they inevitably did I'd prefer to see happy-looking ones in print than scowling ones.

If I were the suspicious type, I'd think it sounds like Michelle is making an excuse to cover genuine unhappiness that the paparazzi captured. But maybe not, maybe it's just a strategy that makes sense to them.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2171 on: July 12, 2007, 01:28:15 pm »
From an event around the premiere of Rescue Dawn 6/25/07

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2172 on: July 12, 2007, 01:33:13 pm »
02/01/06

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2173 on: July 14, 2007, 12:57:05 am »
I was just over at HeathandMichelle.com, and noticed that there is a request for someone to help put news up on the site.  Thought that might interest somebody here.  TO see the request, go to http://www.heathandmichelle.com/ and scroll partway down the page to just below the pictures of Michelle in the red dress.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2174 on: July 14, 2007, 01:17:31 am »

Is it just me or is michelle turning into a whine bag baby.." They are looking for pictures of us like we're living the happy life....duh...
       If she isnt living the happy life now, when will she.?  Sounds like a lota whine to me.
       Poor thing.  She got lucky and hit the movie star jackpot, and lives in a beautiful home, a beautiful husband and child.  A burgeoning career.  Boy I dont blame her for being down.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 01:23:04 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2175 on: July 14, 2007, 01:26:33 am »
I would hate to live their lifestyle of being followed and photographed.  I know it's part of the whole successful actor package, but I wouldn't want that package, if it included that.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2176 on: July 14, 2007, 02:12:50 am »

I know i am in the minority here.  But I just figure if they dont like it..
They can quit.  simple answer ........Im not trying to cause a stink..I just have  no sympathy for people that have so much, when there are others with so little.  And the haves dont even appreciate it..  sorry others may say whatever they like in opposition..Im just tired of it..Ungrateful...just quit....

Beautiful mind

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #2177 on: July 14, 2007, 03:38:44 am »
I don't see this as a case of not being appreciative of what they have or their fan base. It's about photographers in your face all. the. time. Sure, they are in an industry that imposes on privacy in a major way but put yourself in their plac.-your every move becoming someone else's business. In my opinion, no one deserves that, I don't care what industry they choose. It's kinda like saying if you choose to become an actor, you no longer have any say on how you move through the world.

As for the scowling-I was watching E!News or one of those shows and some other actress (whose name escapes me at the moment) expressed the same sentiment. She also felt if she was cranky faced the chances of having a photo publshed were diminished.

Heathen

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2178 on: July 14, 2007, 12:10:38 pm »

I know i am in the minority here.  But I just figure if they dont like it..
They can quit.  simple answer ........Im not trying to cause a stink..I just have  no sympathy for people that have so much, when there are others with so little.  And the haves dont even appreciate it..  sorry others may say whatever they like in opposition..Im just tired of it..Ungrateful...just quit....

Wow, and you are a member of the Welcome Wagon?  LOL! 
You think that not enjoying sleazy paps following you around all the time is a sign of ungratefulness? I'd say you are in the minority for sure ;-)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2179 on: July 14, 2007, 09:33:19 pm »
From an event around the premiere of Rescue Dawn 6/25/07

Both Heath and Christian Bale in the same frame?? As I once saw Jeff Wrangler say (though in connection with a whole movie, not a single snapshot), I need my heart medicine!  :laugh:

I don't see this as a case of not being appreciative of what they have or their fan base. It's about photographers in your face all. the. time. Sure, they are in an industry that imposes on privacy in a major way but put yourself in their plac.-your every move becoming someone else's business. In my opinion, no one deserves that, I don't care what industry they choose. It's kinda like saying if you choose to become an actor, you no longer have any say on how you move through the world.

Re the paparazzi debate: Yes, undoubtedly having paparazzi and/or fans follow you everywhere would be nightmarish. I'd hate to be unable to ever ever ever be private in public, to think that if I don't style my hair before going to the gym my scuzzy appearance will pop up in grocery-store checkout lines across the land, etc. It would be awful. Under any circumstances, that would seriously get on my nerves.

On the other hand, if my agent or Ang Lee or someone came to me and said, "Well, here's the tradeoff. if you go down this path you'll make millions of dollars a year and you'll be famous and critically acclaimed and adored by regular people and your name will go down in history as a great artist and everyone will admire your craft and if so inclined you'll be able to close down Disneyland for your kids' birthday party and blah blah blah .... BUT you'll have to deal with the paparazzi ..."

Well, I might not make my decision in an hour. But probably by the next day.