Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3791749 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2230 on: July 27, 2007, 03:13:50 pm »
Ha ha ha, I love this comment, "Hey Heath, you made out with my brother lately?"

:laugh:

DUDE.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2231 on: July 27, 2007, 03:28:04 pm »

Would it not be ironic in the best sense of the word.  If Heath were to win the Academy Award for this movie, right after his loss in Brokeback Mountain?  It very well could happen.

Beautiful mind

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #2232 on: July 27, 2007, 03:30:24 pm »
Heath was singled out in an article I read last night, too.  Was going through some back issues of Entertainment Weekly and there was an interview with Clooney and Pitt and they were asked who among young Hollywood they thought really had it.  Brad Pitt said that he thought Heath Ledger was really strong.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2233 on: July 28, 2007, 07:43:33 pm »
I am still really ambivalent about the whole Joker role. And I really can't imagine him getting awards for that kind of role when even none of the Lord of the Rings actors got any. Then again, Hollywood might figure they owe him... so who knows? But of course I'll watch it with an open mind - my God, it's *Heath* after all! And Maggie Gyllenhaal!! - and judge for myself.  :)

Great picture you've found Lori -  it's the best so far for seeing how he really looks in the role.

Anyway,

I came here to report that I just watched "Candy". There was a lot of trouble getting hold of the film so it's taken forever, but finally I had the DVD in my hands and immediately hunkered down and fastened the seat belts and sat through it in one go.

**Some mild spoilers for Candy**

God, that was intense!! And painful.

I knew what it was about of course, but I was fooled by the first part being titled "Heaven". Figured it'd be rather lovey-dovey at first. But nope. It was heavy addiction and OD'ing and misery from the get-go. And then nevertheless the next two parts, "Earth" and "Hell", were aptly named even so, as things just went downhill and downhill and down....

But Heath was superb in this. Fantastic acting, I believed every second. Clenched my heart seeing those eyes of his so tortured, his face so pinched, and his posture so hunched... getting so defeated... the total misery of shooting up...and the worse one of trying to quit using.

And his voice! I'd somehow forgotten how much I love his voice.

Wonderful acting by Abby Cornish, too - and they had *great* chemistry. Really believed in their love. And their pain.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2234 on: July 29, 2007, 06:08:09 am »
**Some mild spoilers for Candy**

God, that was intense!! And painful.

I knew what it was about of course, but I was fooled by the first part being titled "Heaven". Figured it'd be rather lovey-dovey at first. But nope. It was heavy addiction and OD'ing and misery from the get-go. And then nevertheless the next two parts, "Earth" and "Hell", were aptly named even so, as things just went downhill and downhill and down....

But Heath was superb in this. Fantastic acting, I believed every second. Clenched my heart seeing those eyes of his so tortured, his face so pinched, and his posture so hunched... getting so defeated... the total misery of shooting up...and the worse one of trying to quit using.

And his voice! I'd somehow forgotten how much I love his voice.

Wonderful acting by Abby Cornish, too - and they had *great* chemistry. Really believed in their love. And their pain.

I agree with everything you said. Especially about the three parts named Heaven, Earth and Hell. I had seen the scene with Candy in the bathtub in a trailer afore and was surprised to find it at the beginning of the movie. I thought 'Oh myl, if that is heaven, how will this develop?' And you're right, it goes only one way: downhill.

Of course I loved the acting by our man Heath. I really think he could just pull off everything, acting-wise. Seeing the humbug with the bank card (credit card?), I think Heath would make pretty good in a goofy/comedic role too.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2235 on: July 29, 2007, 06:26:17 am »
Some Candy photos

BTW: my computer is acting up a bit. I see only two pictures in this post, but there should be three. Can you see three pics?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2236 on: July 29, 2007, 06:32:02 am »
While searching for Candy pics, I came upon a bear this interview:

http://filmcritic1963.typepad.com/interviews/2006/11/heath_ledger_on.html

There are also two pics of Heath I hadn't seen before.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2237 on: July 29, 2007, 07:40:29 am »
I see only two images in the first of your posts above, Penth.

Thanks for the bear interview. It's a very good one. I can hear Heath actually speaking in it. He's not one for lots of empty flattery. Or self-flattery.  :)

Seeing the humbug with the bank card (credit card?), I think Heath would make pretty good in a goofy/comedic role too.

I was thinking exactly the same thing - about the same scene! And there was somewhere else in the film where he actually smiled big, - a genuine, happy smile (must have been the only one in the film :-\ ) and I thought: Oh, he *needs* to do a happy feel-good film where he can get to smile, a lot!! Not cheesily, not the over-the-top kind of comic smiles, not evil grins like I suppose the Joker will be all about, - but real, big, honest smiles of delight and joy. I fall in love with him when he smiles like that, and he almost never gets to do it in (recent) films. Those brown eyes of his lighting up.... Heh. Look at me. All fangirly mode.  ::) But it's true.

Oh, Penth, it seems you've become a moderator!?! How have I managed to miss this?  :-\ Sorry - and CONGRATULATIONS!

yb

« Reply #2238 on: July 29, 2007, 07:59:54 am »
Some Candy photos

BTW: my computer is acting up a bit. I see only two pictures in this post, but there should be three. Can you see three pics?

I can see all three.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2239 on: July 29, 2007, 08:02:03 am »
I see only two images in the first of your posts above, Penth.

Oh well. I'll try to post the same pic at the end of this post again.

I was thinking exactly the same thing - about the same scene!

He he. Great minds....

.... but real, big, honest smiles of delight and joy. I fall in love with him when he smiles like that, and he almost never gets to do it in (recent) films. Those brown eyes of his lighting up.... Heh. Look at me. All fangirly mode.  ::) But it's true.

You got me all fangirly mode, too  :laugh: *sigh*

Oh, Penth, it seems you've become a moderator!?! How have I managed to miss this?  :-\ Sorry - and CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you  :).

Ok, another try to post this pic:

Now I can see it in the preview. And I see this pic in the quote by yb, but not in my original post  :o ? ? ?

Edit: Now I see said pic in all three posts: in my first try to post it, in yb's quote and in my second try - I give up trying to understand it and will watch the Joker trailer now. Thank you, adiabatic for posting it!