Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3802674 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2260 on: August 01, 2007, 12:34:32 pm »

:) Yep, one big benefit of not being an English native speaker of any kind or nationality. Small slips like that are undetectable to people like me, so we blissfully buy what the film and Heath try to sell in the accent department.

I thought the same: not knowing can be a blessing sometimes... (one of the few occasions I don't mind not being a native speaker).

ETA: Picked up the most recent TotalFilm Magazine. There's an interview with Maggie Gyllenhaal, and she talks about her Batman role among other matters, but for some reason the mag decides to focus on *her* and fails to ask her what she thinks about acting with Heath.  ;)

You mean ... for some weird reason...?  ;D How can they dare  ;)?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2261 on: August 01, 2007, 12:39:18 pm »
Okay, I'm thinking it's Heath now, at least the second part.  He sure is doing a very different kind of voice.  Lightened up, New Yorked up, sleazied up.  I'm starting to get intrigued...

But I don't think that quick picture of the Joker playing card is him.  Do you?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2262 on: August 01, 2007, 12:43:07 pm »
You know where it sounds the most like Heath to me, actually?  The breathing in between the sentences.  Reminds of the reunion kiss...

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2263 on: August 01, 2007, 01:02:19 pm »
You mean ... for some weird reason...?  ;D How can they dare  ;)?

Totally weird. ;)  Keeping us in the dark about such an all-important question. :shakes head:

You know, if I was directing that Dark Knight scene we've just got a picture from now, it would go like this:

The Joker gets right up into Rachel's face, well into her personal space, grabs her shoulders and walks her backwards till she hits the wall,  knocks something or other out of her hands, and then leans in so much their noses nearly touch. He closes his eyes and draws a slow breath.  Both stay completely still for a heartbeat..... Then he cackles evilly and brandishes that nasty razor thingie up in her face.

Good thing I'm not directing, cause there is no way I wouldn't have done that scene this way :o

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2264 on: August 01, 2007, 01:14:58 pm »
But I don't think that quick picture of the Joker playing card is him.  Do you?

In my umpteenth try I managed to stop the trailer right at the split-second the card is to be seen. On the card the figure of the Joker is drawn, so it's not Heath. But the drawn figure sure has more resemblance with Heath than, lets's say, John Candy  ;).

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2265 on: August 01, 2007, 03:55:58 pm »
In my umpteenth try I managed to stop the trailer right at the split-second the card is to be seen. On the card the figure of the Joker is drawn, so it's not Heath. But the drawn figure sure has more resemblance with Heath than, lets's say, John Candy  ;).

It took me umpteen times too.  :)  What we do for love! 

yb

« Reply #2266 on: August 02, 2007, 09:33:01 am »
This is what Mr Michael Caine said about Heath on his website:

I have one more stint in Chicago in a month time, then I will be finished on the 2nd “Batman” the great revelation of working on this is Heath Ledger who plays the “The Joker”. I have seen him on film and I have worked with him and I must say it is quite an extradinary performance.

http://michaelcaine.com/Projects.php

moremojo

« Reply #2267 on: August 02, 2007, 10:18:50 am »
I am glad people are praising Heath's new work, but I can't help feel ambivalent about him in this role. It's a great opportunity to flex his acting chops, hone his craft, all that sort of thing, but I just have a problem seeing him in such a grotesque role. I almost fear it might retroactively tarnish some of Ennis's glamor (which I don't think could actually happen).

AM pleased to know that Heath worked with another Gyllenhaal! One wonders about the conversations Heath and Maggie enjoyed together.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2268 on: August 02, 2007, 11:35:16 pm »
2003 TV interview with Heath

The video is good - discusses his views of the Iraq war, Bush, and the Australian Prime Minister (whose name I can't recall but whom Heath refers to as a dick).

The written transcript is a good bit longer.  He talks about when he choreographed 80 farmer's sons when he was in school and they won the contest.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s816837.htm

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2269 on: August 03, 2007, 04:18:12 am »
Have we seen this?  Looks like some sort of color test.