Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3805011 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2300 on: August 08, 2007, 06:56:22 am »

Spending too much time with Jake!  Now Heath's doing that little tongue thing  ;D

Ain't that the sweater he wore on Oprah?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2301 on: August 08, 2007, 06:57:18 am »

Yay! indeed.
Thanks for this pic oilgun. I haven't seen it before.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2302 on: August 08, 2007, 07:07:30 am »
Ain't that the sweater he wore on Oprah?

Nope. Although on Oprah he did wear a horizontal striped sweater:

I love horizontal stripes and he wears them so often  :).
Another lovable thing about him *sigh* (ok, I'm on fangirly modus, as Mikaela would say  ;D)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2303 on: August 08, 2007, 07:10:00 am »
Good work, Chrissi.  But that sweater does look familiar from somewhere.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2304 on: August 10, 2007, 01:27:23 pm »
This is exciting to read:

If Paul Brichard (who was a day player on the production in the East End of London) is to be believed, we've got nothing to worry about. I'll let it come straight from the guy's mouth, which was posted over at James Israel's indieWIRE blog:

As regards to how Heath Ledger *seemed* as the Joker, he seemed like he WAS the Joker, and didn't need to let anyone know it - rather contained, but ready to explode at any moment in an unexpected fashion. Menacing, but more because he seemed like he was probably crazy, and maybe violent, rather than that he was TRYING to scare you. (and by the way, all he did during the scenes I was in was sit in his holding cell, reacting and listening...so, he's a very fine actor if I imbibed all this from just watching him sit there...) He didn't talk a lot between takes, but he also wasn't "Don't approach me!" in his manner - a real pro, in other words.
In short, he seemed just like the Joker SHOULD seem.

Now if only we didn't have to wait a whole year to see for ourselves ... Fie patience!

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/08/08/an-insider-speaks-out-on-whether-heath-ledger-is-a-convincing-jo/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2305 on: August 10, 2007, 01:30:25 pm »
Royalty!:

Biopic Needs Six Actors To Play Dylan

by Andrew Tijs - August 10 2007

New Dylan biopic 'I'm Not There' promises six actors as His Bobness, including a woman.

Rolling Stone have reported of a special screening of the new Todd Haynes film. They divulge that the folk renegade will be played by six actors through various stages in his career. They include relative unknown Marcus Carl Franklin, English actor Ben Whishaw, as well as Hollywood royalty Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Richard Gere and, inexplicably, Cate Blanchett.

The cast also includes comedian David Cross as beat poet Allan Ginsberg, as well as Julianne Moore, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Ledger's beau Michelle Williams.

The film will feature Dylan's recordings, as well as a series of covers including versions of 'Maggie's Farm' and 'Ballad Of A Thin Man' by ex-Pavement singer Steve Malkmus from a session produced by Sonic Youth's Lee Renaldo. Jim James from My Morning Jacket has also contributed music.

'I'm Not There' is set to premiere at the Venice Film Festival in early September, and will appear at the Toronto Film Festival soon after. It will be released in the US in late November.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=2601

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2306 on: August 10, 2007, 01:33:27 pm »
Yo Canada!  This is about a network called "Space" in Canada:

Space has also got a 1997 series starring a young Heath Ledger marked for a Sept. 15 premiere. Roar, in which Ledger's character leads a small band of Celts against the Roman Empire, lasted only one season. The show premieres in Space's Saturday 8 pm ET/5 pm PT time slot.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:40:52 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2307 on: August 10, 2007, 01:45:55 pm »
This is exciting to read:

If Paul Brichard (who was a day player on the production in the East End of London) is to be believed, we've got nothing to worry about. I'll let it come straight from the guy's mouth, which was posted over at James Israel's indieWIRE blog:

As regards to how Heath Ledger *seemed* as the Joker, he seemed like he WAS the Joker, and didn't need to let anyone know it - rather contained, but ready to explode at any moment in an unexpected fashion. Menacing, but more because he seemed like he was probably crazy, and maybe violent, rather than that he was TRYING to scare you. (and by the way, all he did during the scenes I was in was sit in his holding cell, reacting and listening...so, he's a very fine actor if I imbibed all this from just watching him sit there...) He didn't talk a lot between takes, but he also wasn't "Don't approach me!" in his manner - a real pro, in other words.
In short, he seemed just like the Joker SHOULD seem.

Now if only we didn't have to wait a whole year to see for ourselves ... Fie patience!

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/08/08/an-insider-speaks-out-on-whether-heath-ledger-is-a-convincing-jo/

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2308 on: August 10, 2007, 04:08:19 pm »
Royalty!:

Biopic Needs Six Actors To Play Dylan

by Andrew Tijs - August 10 2007

New Dylan biopic 'I'm Not There' promises six actors as His Bobness, including a woman.

Rolling Stone have reported of a special screening of the new Todd Haynes film. They divulge that the folk renegade will be played by six actors through various stages in his career. They include relative unknown Marcus Carl Franklin, English actor Ben Whishaw, as well as Hollywood royalty Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Richard Gere and, inexplicably, Cate Blanchett.

The cast also includes comedian David Cross as beat poet Allan Ginsberg, as well as Julianne Moore, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Ledger's beau Michelle Williams.

"They divulge"?!  Was this written a year ago?  I think the premise of the film has been 'divulged' for quite some time now.   Where has this guy been?

Also, since when has Michelle Williams become a beau?! Is the writer not aware that Michelle is actually a woman? 

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2309 on: August 10, 2007, 05:57:08 pm »
Here's Heath. His outfit isn't so bad but he could lose those sunglasses, IMO.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.