Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3803782 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2510 on: September 04, 2007, 08:11:52 pm »
I think it had more to do with the dynamics of playing a couple on the big screen.  It is a show business cliche that onscreen couples tend to become offscreen couples, but it also has a heavy weight of truth - the intimate chemistry that has to be established to portray the dynamic

Well, that explains it, then. After all, Heath and Michelle didn't show much romantic chemistry onscreen. He just wound up with the wrong partner ...

Edit: I hope that wasn't too tasteless under sad circumstances. If you're reading this, Heath, sorry.  :-\

« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 10:55:12 pm by ineedcrayons »

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2511 on: September 04, 2007, 10:51:16 pm »
Is Heath separating really from his wife?

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2512 on: September 04, 2007, 11:14:17 pm »

If we can't joke about things anymore Katherine, we are way too uptight!!!!!!!

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2513 on: September 05, 2007, 01:07:48 am »
       If we can't joke about things anymore Katherine, we are way too uptight!!!!!!!

I agree, Janice, but I know some people here seem genuinely saddened, and I don't want to offend anyone.

Here's a confession: for all my many contributions to this thread over the years, I still see Heath and Michelle pretty much as movie stars. Which is not to say their troubles don't matter objectively. I'm not making some kind of comment like, "Well, they're rich and famous, so I'm sure they'll be fine."

No, what I'm saying is that they basically are strangers to me. So their breakup is sad in the general sense that any breakup is sad, particularly that of a couple who recently seemed in love and who have a young child. But I reserve most of my genuine emotions for the troubles experienced by friends, family and myself. Occasionally, I do feel truly sad for a stranger, but it's usually a situation involving an unjust or tragic death. There are so many of those, I don't have much sadness left over for celebrity breakups ... So although I can describe this news as sad, I'll have to say I don't feel any personal strong emotion about it.

:-\

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #2514 on: September 05, 2007, 02:56:27 am »
I was really sad to hear the news-for some reason it really depressed me. I'm already holding on to my BbM life by a thread and this news felt like the breaking point. Then I had some ice cream and everything was better. No, really.

All that being said, I had doubts about their ability to sustain their relationship but hoped, hoped, hoped they would make. Knowing very little about either one of them, they seemed like a good match. Michelle doesn't really much hit my radar but I liked her for my boy none the less. I'm sorry for them, sorry for the baby and wish them all as much peace as they can squeeze out this situation.

And "Hollywood" really does suck

Heathen

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2515 on: September 05, 2007, 09:35:10 pm »
I was really sad to hear the news-for some reason it really depressed me. I'm already holding on to my BbM life by a thread and this news felt like the breaking point. Then I had some ice cream and everything was better. No, really.

All that being said, I had doubts about their ability to sustain their relationship but hoped, hoped, hoped they would make. Knowing very little about either one of them, they seemed like a good match. Michelle doesn't really much hit my radar but I liked her for my boy none the less. I'm sorry for them, sorry for the baby and wish them all as much peace as they can squeeze out this situation.

And "Hollywood" really does suck

I am glad the ice cream helped!! 

:)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2516 on: September 05, 2007, 10:55:44 pm »

What do you think guys?  Would you recognize him on the street?  I ain't so sure.

I notice the new shoes.  He had the sun glasses in L.A., right?  And, I like the tight fit of the jacket across his chest.  I like the vest and the tie?  Have I ever seen him in a tie before?  Also, is it hot in Italy right now?
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2517 on: September 05, 2007, 10:58:05 pm »
This one makes me think, "innocent,"

and, this one makes me think, "sexy."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2518 on: September 05, 2007, 11:13:25 pm »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2519 on: September 06, 2007, 01:07:40 am »
I don't have much sadness left over for celebrity breakups ... So although I can describe this news as sad, I'll have to say I don't feel any personal strong emotion about it.

I had some more thoughts on this. There is something that does make me feel sympathetic toward them. I realize how hard it is to tell even your friends and family and acquaintances that you are splitting up.

Imagine if you had to announce it in a press release, and be constantly questioned about it by reporters and strangers on the street, and have people speculate -- perhaps even to your face -- on whether it was a mistake to get together so quickly, to have a baby so soon, whether maybe Heath did it so people wouldn't think he was gay (as if it wouldn't have been easier to just not take the role in the first place, if that was a big fear of his, rather than have to marry someone and have a baby to cover his tracks!  ::)) ...

Anyway, I really do sympathize with them about this part.  :-\