Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3810758 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5000 on: April 25, 2008, 06:55:27 am »
Over on the Hugh, Hugh, Hugh thread (Anything Goes) I posted the full interview that this comment comes from. Hugh's new movie, Deception opens today. It also stars Michelle Williams.

The late Heath Ledger was a regular visitor to the New York set and his then partner Michelle Williams.

‘‘At the time of shooting, beginning of last year, the situation was very different, those guys were together and both very committed parents and Michelle obviously still is,'' Jackman says.

‘‘I just really feel for her. It's an incredibly difficult time and she's an unbelievably committed mother. As a working actress, a year ago her focus was very much on (daughter) Matilda and looking after her. Nothing has changed there.''

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23592022-5006023,00.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5001 on: April 25, 2008, 11:07:25 am »
Over on the Hugh, Hugh, Hugh thread (Anything Goes) I posted the full interview that this comment comes from. Hugh's new movie, Deception opens today. It also stars Michelle Williams.

The late Heath Ledger was a regular visitor to the New York set and his then partner Michelle Williams.

‘‘At the time of shooting, beginning of last year, the situation was very different, those guys were together and both very committed parents and Michelle obviously still is,'' Jackman says.

‘‘I just really feel for her. It's an incredibly difficult time and she's an unbelievably committed mother. As a working actress, a year ago her focus was very much on (daughter) Matilda and looking after her. Nothing has changed there.''

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23592022-5006023,00.html

Thanks for posting this tidbit! Hugh Jackman seems to be a great guy!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5002 on: April 25, 2008, 11:09:30 am »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5003 on: April 25, 2008, 02:39:48 pm »
The Findingbrokeback site has a new interview up, with David Trimble who played the Basque. It's a great read, check it out!  :D

David Trimble shared a bit about Heath and Ang; I thought my fellow Heathens might be interested to read:

Quote from the Findingbrokeback site:

Q: Ang Lee directed you?

A: It was Ang. Super, super particular. Super particular. At the Basque Bridge, we sat—for the right lighting—we sat for that for about an hour-and-a-half by the bridge. At one point Heath had his shirt off, his jacket off, and [pointing to screen cap] see that wire there? He was hanging and going hand over hand along the wire.

Ang kept looking through his finder and waiting and waiting and waiting, and people were making fun, and the great thing—Ang has a great sense of humor—so they were taking the piss out of him, and he was taking the piss back out of them. It was such a relaxed, amazing set because of him. It’s trickle down,  right? And Ang Lee, right at the top of that totem pole, being such a sweet man, affected everyone. Like for Heath to be able to take off his shirt and start monkeying around just shows you how relaxed it really was.

But then, as soon as the right light started to come, I remember Ang at one point looking up and he said, “Okay, ten minutes. We have ten minutes. Everyone be ready in ten minutes.” We probably only have five, maybe ten minutes to get this shot in. So everybody, just like gangbusters, getting ready, getting set up to get this shot in, and he’s like, “Okay, here it is, here it is. Ready? Ready? Go.”

Here the wire can be seen better:

The whole interview is well worth reading, I urge you to go over  and check it out:
http://www.findingbrokeback.com/Interviews/_Interview_Frame.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5004 on: April 25, 2008, 03:51:35 pm »
Deception (the new movie with Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, and Michelle Williams) is getting pretty much savaged by the critics, but I found this interesting review at the Pioneer Press website, a newspaper from Minneapolis. One thing, though...Michelle played Coco Rivington, not Edie Sedgwick in I'm Not There. Why why why can't they ever get the little details right? Sigh....

Movie review: Michelle Williams complicates thriller, in a good way

Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 04/24/2008 11:49:33 AM CDT

I was reluctant to go public with my crush on Michelle Williams' acting until I was sure it was real, but "Deception" confirms everything.

The movie is not great, but Williams is. Her part is both underwritten and clichéd — she's the beautiful temptress who is damaged in ways the movie doesn't care about — but Williams breathes so much humanity and vulnerability into the part that, when she's onscreen, "Deception" is thrown offbalance. It's supposed to be about the two guys, played by Ewan McGregor and Hugh Jackman, but they both fade next to Williams' incandescent talent.

McGregor plays a drab accountant who falls under the spell of a flashy businessman (Jackman). Jackman lures McGregor into a sex club, whose members anonymously phone each other for quickies (it's like craigslist, without Craig). McGregor meets confident, provocative Williams, known only as "S" (McGregor guesses it stands for Sybil or Sophie, but we suspect it is short for Screwed Up), only to discover he has unwittingly stepped into criminal territory, complete with a body and a pile of stolen cash.

"Deception" has a placid beauty that isn't necessarily an asset, since "placid" goes with "thriller" about as well as "raw" goes with "pork." Director Marcel Langenegger has been handed a script that's filled with coincidences and happenstance, the sort of thing that might work if he ripped through it so quickly that we don't notice things aren't adding up, but his lush, slowed-down approach gives us plenty of time to tote up the improbabilities.

It doesn't help that McGregor and Jackman's characters are so dully unsympathetic — their deaths would simply give the world one or two less Armani-clad tools. But Langenegger did one thing right, and that was casting Williams. The actress, in a role very different from the wounded homemaker in "Brokeback Mountain" or Edie Sedgwick in "I'm Not There," seems incapable of playing an uncomplicated person. Her smoky eyes and blank dialogue are meant to tell us she's a Kim Novak-style suicide blonde in "Deception," but Williams conveys so much hurt, insecurity and need that you hope she doesn't end up with either of the dudes who are fighting over her.

http://www.twincities.com/movies/ci_9039691?nclick_check=1
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5005 on: April 25, 2008, 04:20:47 pm »
The Findingbrokeback site has a new interview up, with David Trimble who played the Basque. It's a great read, check it out!  :D

David Trimble shared a bit about Heath and Ang; I thought my fellow Heathens might be interested to read:

Quote from the Findingbrokeback site:

Q: Ang Lee directed you?

A: It was Ang. Super, super particular. Super particular. At the Basque Bridge, we sat—for the right lighting—we sat for that for about an hour-and-a-half by the bridge. At one point Heath had his shirt off, his jacket off, and [pointing to screen cap] see that wire there? He was hanging and going hand over hand along the wire.

Ang kept looking through his finder and waiting and waiting and waiting, and people were making fun, and the great thing—Ang has a great sense of humor—so they were taking the piss out of him, and he was taking the piss back out of them. It was such a relaxed, amazing set because of him. It’s trickle down,  right? And Ang Lee, right at the top of that totem pole, being such a sweet man, affected everyone. Like for Heath to be able to take off his shirt and start monkeying around just shows you how relaxed it really was.

But then, as soon as the right light started to come, I remember Ang at one point looking up and he said, “Okay, ten minutes. We have ten minutes. Everyone be ready in ten minutes.” We probably only have five, maybe ten minutes to get this shot in. So everybody, just like gangbusters, getting ready, getting set up to get this shot in, and he’s like, “Okay, here it is, here it is. Ready? Ready? Go.”

Here the wire can be seen better:

The whole interview is well worth reading, I urge you to go over  and check it out:
http://www.findingbrokeback.com/Interviews/_Interview_Frame.html

Thanks for that link.I loved what he said about Heath just clowning around while they waited for the right lightng.I also really loved his talking of him and Jake having an aura.But when you got through that they were just 2 goodlooking men having fun.
He comes across as a genuinely nice man, with lovely things to say about our boys !!!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5006 on: April 25, 2008, 04:29:30 pm »
Interesting!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5007 on: April 26, 2008, 02:46:17 am »

MilAn, thanks for posting these!  Where are they from?  Completely different than any other pics I've ever seen.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5008 on: April 26, 2008, 02:54:15 am »
You know who else has some physical similarities?  Michelle and Heath's sister Kate:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5009 on: April 26, 2008, 03:07:28 am »
Also from the Brasil site:

16 years old