Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3810623 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5240 on: May 19, 2008, 02:08:15 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

mvansand76

« Reply #5241 on: May 19, 2008, 05:29:00 am »

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #5242 on: May 19, 2008, 05:36:45 am »
This is a good site that tells on whom the characters in the movie were based. It also talks about scenes in the movie and which parts are fact and which are fiction.

http://www.patriotresource.com/factfiction/events/page9.html

I watched The Patriot yesterday for the second time, the first time it was on TV therefore it was dubbed in Italian, and no way I want to miss Heath's voice, so I watched it again specifically to hear that.  Heath aside,  I usually make a point of seeing  period/historical films, I think it is just a different way of getting to learn  history, but of course I always find myself wondering how accurate the history portrayed in the film is. So, Shasta, it was interesting to read the link above.
I enjoyed Heath's performance very much.

I was just reading some trivia about The Patriot at IMDb and came across this:

Jake Gyllenhaal auditioned several times and was considered for the role of Gabriel Martin, but eventually lost out to Heath Ledger.

I think he would have made an excellent Gabriel too. Jake hasn't appeared in any period drama yet, has he.
BbM, I swear

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5243 on: May 19, 2008, 06:18:42 am »
Glad you liked it, sel.  :)

I usually make a point of seeing  period/historical films, I think it is just a different way of getting to learn  history, but of course I always find myself wondering how accurate the history portrayed in the film is.

I think that is a good idea. Most of those kimds have some facts thrown in with some fiction, and when you research the film, you find out about history. Same with historical fiction books for kids (and adults).
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5244 on: May 19, 2008, 06:46:05 am »

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.filmstew.com/showBlog.aspx?blog_id=1359

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

All this upcoming TDK buzz is hard to take.
He was, he would have, could have ...

:'(

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5245 on: May 19, 2008, 06:57:06 am »
I completely agree Chrissi.

I think I'm going to avoid going to the cinema in the near future. I don't think I could stand watching the trailer...  :-\
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5246 on: May 19, 2008, 08:08:13 am »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5247 on: May 19, 2008, 08:10:09 am »

Offline optom3

« Reply #5248 on: May 19, 2008, 11:03:07 am »
"Gay villain"?  This guy's an idiot.

Agreed,also with a very poor grasp of grammar.Not only is he an idiot (I.M.H.O.) but the piece is remarkably difficult to read.Then in a final,horrible twist he comments on all the films Harrison would not have made, had he died at Heaths' age.
We all know that Heath almost certainly, had many great roles left to play. I for one, do not need reminding.Reading tht piece, has just confirmed to me,that I would be well advised to stay away from any mention of T.D.K. or the movies for a good while.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5249 on: May 19, 2008, 11:15:47 am »
"Gay villain"?  This guy's an idiot.

I tend to agree, also because he keeps calling the upcoming film "The Dark Night". Only once does he manage to write "Knight".

I do also find it overly callous to compare causes of death and which one is the "best" when it comes to myth-building. Seems you're not really sucessful unless you also manage to die right.  :( :-\ ::)

Nevertheless, the final paragraph gave me pause, sure enogh, and is a sad cause for contemplation:

To put it all in proper comparative perspective, if Ford had died at the same age as Ledger did, he would never have starred in American Graffiti, Star Wars or Raiders.

:-\ :-\

PS: Thanks for posting that, Snork. It was an interesting and throught-provoking read, even if it jarred some.