Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3809720 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6490 on: September 11, 2008, 01:09:49 pm »
A collage of Heaths, based on the fact that you can never have too much of a good thing.

I cant  take the credit for making it though,
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:37:54 pm by optom3 »

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #6491 on: September 11, 2008, 03:52:23 pm »
Wow, amazing! That's an excellent collection of Heath pics. thank you for making and posting it.  :D  :D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline optom3

« Reply #6492 on: September 11, 2008, 04:39:17 pm »
Wow, amazing! That's an excellent collection of Heath pics. thank you for making and posting it.  :D  :D

It isamazing but I can't take the credit for it.I have just modified my post.I don't want to takecredit for something I haven't done.

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #6493 on: September 11, 2008, 05:04:59 pm »
Thursday, September 11, 2008

4:35 PM - Heath Ledger captured in Joker portrait by Dave White

Up-and-coming painter Dave White's latest exhibition features a four foot high oil painting of Ledger who died earlier this year. Stephen Adams reports

Heath Ledger has received an arresting tribute from one of Britain's most feted up-and-coming painters. Dave White said he was moved to paint the image after seeing Ledger as The Joker in the latest Batman film, The Dark Knight.

Australian Ledger, 28, died this January after taking an accidental overdose of sleeping pills.

The four foot high oil painting is part of an exhibition of White's new works, that opens on Friday at the Opus Art gallery in Newcastle.

Explaining why he decided to paint it, Mr White, 36, said: "I was just putting the finishing touches to my show when I saw Batman.

"I was totally and utterly blown away. I saw the movie and just came into the studio straight away. I just had to make this image, to the best performance I had ever seen. It was teetering on insanity."

He added: "It was a real tragedy to hear of his death."

The picture is based on a publicity shot used by Warner Bros which shows The Joker confronting Batman in the street.

White, a classically trained artist with a degree in fine art painting, whose work has been exhibited alongside that of Picasso and David Hockney at Sotheby's, often basis his work on images from popular culture.

He said: "Comic books are a very very glib, flat representation of a character. What my work is about is totally flipping that on its head.

"What I'm trying to express is making these into real images, seeing through to the real human emotion and trying to freeze that."

Don Smith of Opus Art commented: "Dave White is nothing less than exceptional. His work is celebrated internationally and the interest around him is phenomenal. We are delighted to be exhibiting his latest solo show."
After being shown in Newcastle the exhibition will travel to London in October to be shown at the new Kounter Kulture art fair in the Truman Brewery.
Sometimes I miss you so much,I can hardly stand it

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #6494 on: September 11, 2008, 05:05:55 pm »
12:57 PM - Dark Knight re-release planned for 2009 Oscar bid

Thursday, 11 Sep 2008 11:06

Dark Knight may be re-released in January in bid for Oscar glory

The Dark Knight may be re-released in January in a bid for Oscar glory, it has emerged.

The Batman Begins sequel was released in July and has shattered box office records, while rumours persisted that Heath Ledger could be in the running for a posthumous Academy award for his portrayal of The Joker.

And speaking to the Hollywood Reporter, a Warner Bros source has revealed that the studio is looking to jog Academy members' memories with a re-release.

"It's just a matter of bringing it back as a reminder for people," the insider said.

And when contacted by the trade newspaper, Warner Bros domestic distribution president Dan Fellman admitted that talks with Imax executives are ongoing regarding restoring the comic book film to cinemas.

Ledger and director Christopher Nolan are the likely Oscar nominees should a Dark Knight re-release encourage Academy members to include the films on their ballot papers.

The Dark Knight, starring Christian Bale, Ledger and Aaron Eckhart, is the second highest-grossing film of all time, with box office takings of $512m (£292m) in the US alone.

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #6495 on: September 11, 2008, 05:06:58 pm »
Heath Ledger voted top summer movie villain!!!!!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!) - Heath Ledger's chilling portrayal of the Joker in Batman blockbuster "The Dark Knight" easily surpassed rivals to be named the summer's best movie villain in a poll released on Wednesday.

Australian actor Ledger, 28, who died of an accidental drug overdose six months before the July release of "The Dark Knight", won 95 percent of votes in a poll by AOL's Moviefone.com Web site.

The Batman sequel, which has taken $505 million at the U.S. and Canadian box office alone, also won every category in which it was nominated for the end of summer season poll, including best sequel, best superhero movie, best action sequence and "movie most worth your cash."

"'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' had all the hype going into the summer but when people saw 'The Dark Knight', they really responded in 'Titanic'-like proportions," said Moviefone editor Scott Robson.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6496 on: September 12, 2008, 01:04:32 am »
Hey Love,

thanks for posting these infos.
And welcome to BetterMost :).

I saw the movie and just came into the studio straight away. I just had to make this image, to the best performance I had ever seen. ."

He should go and see Brokeback Mountain!

Seriously, it's great to see people reacting strongly to Heath's perfomance as Joker, and I love all the praise he's getting for it.
But it will always have a sting to it. Heath should be here to enjoy it. :(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6497 on: September 12, 2008, 01:07:41 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Reading about the Oscar buzz in Love's article made me want to repost some of these:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6498 on: September 12, 2008, 01:22:59 am »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6499 on: September 12, 2008, 01:23:29 am »