Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3810894 times)

Offline carolina

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • it could be like this. just like this. always.
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6540 on: September 20, 2008, 12:31:42 am »
This is my favorite style of hat on him... newsboy I guess you call it?  Actually this is one of my favorite pictures of him.  It makes me sad, but those two look like total partners in crime with their wacky getups.  I feel Heath's free spirit is alive and well in little Matilda... and with her little harmonica too, jeez... too precious.  I just know he was the most wonderful father.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6541 on: September 20, 2008, 03:54:00 am »
Chrissi is sleeping in so I will give her a hand. Good morning Heathens...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6542 on: September 20, 2008, 09:49:59 am »
Encounter/Heath tribute:

I met Heath Ledger in 2000. I was working on From Hell and he was shooting A Knights Tale which were both being shot in and around Prague.

It was one of the best and worst times of my life - I was in a Hollywood movie, shooting scenes with Johnny Depp and Robbie Coltrane but behind all the glitz and the glamour there was a sour taste to the whole experience: I (unlike many of the other actors working on the film), had been out in Prague for nearly three months, it was lonely living out of a hotel room and I had terrible anxiety and self doubt with regards to my part in the movie itself - coupled with some unpleasant incidents on set, I felt very isolated and vulnerable.

One evening during that time, some of the actors from my film had arranged to meet some of the actors from the other film at a night spot in Prague and I happened to be in that very same bar when they arrived. Out of everyone who was there, it was Heath who asked me if I would like to join their party, some of the guys had said hello to me when they arrived and Heath had deduced I must have been working on the other film and that I was on my own.

I had a really great time that night, and on a couple occasions Heath invited me over to his apartment to hang out with his friends. It was on one of those occasions that this photo was taken. Heath had discovered that I was an artist and that I was also a photographer and he had with him an old bashed up camera which he handed to me and asked if I wouldn't mind taking some shots of him and Heather Graham.

That will be my enduring memory of him - how he was completely genuine and his startling kindness - he made me feel included when I had been excluded and made my memories of Prague a great deal happier than they might have been... I can't imagine how devastated the people who knew him well must be.

I wanted to share this with the dA community as it's been reported that far right extremists intend to picket and disrupt his funeral. Know this, Heath Ledger was a good person, a kind person: please don't let anyone persuade you otherwise. His loss should be mourned, not mocked.

http://nottheredbaron.deviantart.com/art/Heath-and-Heather-75602428

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6543 on: September 20, 2008, 11:12:24 am »
Encounter/Heath tribute:

http://nottheredbaron.deviantart.com/art/Heath-and-Heather-75602428

Everyone must click on the link to see the photo,it is simply breathtaking.

This small article and accompanying words, tucked away on an internet artists' site,sum up who Heath really was,in a way many photo journalists, with their spreads of photos and paragraphs full of superlatives quite frankly don't.
Heath was beautiful inside and out,generous of spirit and completely unpretentious.Here he is,filming as the lead in a Hollwood blockbuster,yet his actions are those of the friendly neighbour most of us would like to have.

It is an irony indeed, that one of the simplest, yet probably most poignant depictions of the man, is hidden away, just as Heath himself prefererred to be,incognito,blending into the surroundings.

Thankyou for finding this and bringng it into the world of Bettermost.It brought such a lump to my throat.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6544 on: September 20, 2008, 12:32:02 pm »
You are welcome. It brought a lump to my throat too.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6545 on: September 20, 2008, 03:07:51 pm »

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6546 on: September 20, 2008, 03:09:17 pm »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6547 on: September 20, 2008, 05:41:50 pm »
Beautiful tribute, and beautiful photos.  Thank you, MilAn!

Here's the photo of Heath and Heather Graham that he took:

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6548 on: September 20, 2008, 06:41:01 pm »
This is my favorite style of hat on him... newsboy I guess you call it?  Actually this is one of my favorite pictures of him.  It makes me sad, but those two look like total partners in crime with their wacky getups.  I feel Heath's free spirit is alive and well in little Matilda... and with her little harmonica too, jeez... too precious.  I just know he was the most wonderful father.

:'( :'(
God that's so cute and heartbreaking. The hats are adorable. I wish Matlida's is spending time with her beloved father. I can't help but to feel a little angry at Heath for leaving this world. Life surely isn't fair. :'(
In that picture, they look so much alike.

I love the other photos and tributes. Heath is like a dove flying everywhere to everyone.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6549 on: September 21, 2008, 05:57:14 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

That's the wallpaper on my laptop: