Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 1860165 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,083
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #870 on: April 06, 2026, 10:23:56 am »
Well, what do you know...it looks like I'm rather trendy in my use of the word agency. Gift article from the Times here.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,702
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #871 on: August 20, 2026, 11:06:27 pm »
I guess it was a week or so ago now, but one night I had a dream that I was in the house I grew up in. I opened the door to my old bedroom, but there was no bed. I remember scowling. Then I was in the backyard, recognizable because the yards were separated by wire fencing. I noticed there were three dogs looking out the door of the house next door. I looked away, and when I looked back, there was one in our backyard. It was small and white and kind of furry. It let me pick it up and put it over the fence into its own yard.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,083
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #872 on: August 21, 2026, 09:24:51 am »
Oh, I am so tempted to attach some kind of meaning to this dream! What is your interpretation?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,083
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #873 on: August 21, 2026, 11:54:30 am »
Well, I've never been known for my patience so here goes...



I think the three dogs represent some goals or purposes that you had for your life. Most of the time they are kept under cover in your subconsciousness, but one of them popped up in your consciousness. You put it back with the others.

Now, as to the lack of a bed in your childhood bedroom...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,083
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #874 on: September 14, 2026, 08:11:29 pm »
It's just the thing that we all realize, at some point, that we can't go back to our carefree childhood.  :-\
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,083
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #875 on: Today at 11:55:49 am »
I dreamed I had rented a condo for a family reunion. Then I went shopping for food for everyone. Among other things, I bought a flat (3 dozen) eggs plus a dozen in the usual container. There wasn't enough room in the fridge for the eggs, so I took them upstairs to a kitchenette next to a room where my mother and step-father were staying. Next morning I went up to get the eggs to make breakfast for everybody and they were gone! My mother had eaten all 48 eggs!!  :o
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • ********
  • Posts: 43,062
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #876 on: Today at 02:48:23 pm »
She was hungry!  :laugh:


Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!