Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8976338 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13290 on: November 01, 2014, 06:57:08 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

Yup, it's time to fall back.

It was fun last night at my friends' house.....good food, good drinks, lots of talking and laughing, and one of the local radio stations was playing Halloween "appropriate" music.  We heard "Don't Fear The Reaper", "Thriller", "Ghostbusters", "Monster Mash", and a few others.

Tonight I'm heading out to hear a band play at a local bar/lounge.  One of the women in the band is on my bowling league.

:)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13291 on: November 03, 2014, 12:05:28 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Yup, it was a sleep in day for me, but I didn't stay in bed until 2:00, like that clock says!  LOL

I have 4 more days I need to take off of work, or I 'lose' them, so I took two Mondays in November, and two Mondays in December, so almost the rest of the year I have 4 day work weeks.  ;D

This week I'm off today, next week I'm off Tuesday (Veteran's Day), the following week I'm of Monday, and the last week I'm off Thursday for Thanksgiving.

In December, I work a full 5 days the first week.  The second and third weeks, I'm off Monday.  The 4th week I'm off on Thursday (Christmas) and the end of December I'm off Thursday (Jan 1st - New Year's Day)

Just got a phone call that my car is ready, the new tires were put on and ready for winter.  :)   Time to go get it!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13292 on: November 04, 2014, 09:22:45 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

Yup, I went and voted before I left for work!

Bowling night tonight, so a late night after a day off.  Ugh!  Perhaps we'll be done early!!!

Meeting some of the bowlers for dinner beforehand, so that should be fun, and then, strkies!!!

Hope you alll have a great day!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13293 on: November 05, 2014, 09:22:32 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

that's where I wish I was after a late night of bowling.

LOL

I'm hoping my supervisor has plans for lunch, and that way I can have lunch quietly, and then take a nap!  LOL

busy day, I best get to it!  see ya later!!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13294 on: November 05, 2014, 12:08:22 pm »
Maybe you should take those extra vacation days after your bowling nights, Chuck!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13295 on: November 05, 2014, 04:34:55 pm »
Well, the ones I already have I've scheduled.  Perhapse next year.  LOL

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13296 on: November 06, 2014, 07:49:13 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

So (yes, I know it's early) does anyone have plans for Thanksgiving yet?

I'm not sure what my plans are, but I'm thinking that perhaps my family will be meeting at my Brother & sister's-in law place, it's just easier for them, especially with Trenton just about to turn one.

Next week we're off on Tuesday for Veteran's Day, so that will make my second 4 day work week this month.  :)

Did some more Christmas shopping today.  I pulled the name of a boy who is 7.  My job got a bunch of names for kids who want stuff for Christmas, and we shop for what they want, and give it to them.  My kid wans comic books, wresting figures and a DVD of The Wonderful World of Gumball.  Some sort of kid's cartoon.

None of the stuff on his list is super expensive, so I plan on buying all  3 things and wrapping them.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13297 on: November 06, 2014, 10:04:33 pm »
I'm actually really excited about Thanksgiving. Instead of getting together with family, I'm going to cook dinner for friends. I've been so disappointed over the past years with my family who didn't show up for Thanksgiving dinner and I ended up eating alone or just with my mother. Can't wait to serve my friends, including Jim, who I visited in Cortina, Italy, my friend EDelMar, and possibly Offline Chuck as well as one or two other friends, this year. 
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13298 on: November 07, 2014, 09:19:30 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

TGIF everyone!

No fantastic plans for me, just a quiet weekend at home, perhaps a Charmed mini-marathon.  :)

Of course, Sunday is lunch with the family, and laundry day.  Other than that, my slate is clean.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13299 on: November 07, 2014, 09:21:33 am »
I'm actually really excited about Thanksgiving. Instead of getting together with family, I'm going to cook dinner for friends. I've been so disappointed over the past years with my family who didn't show up for Thanksgiving dinner and I ended up eating alone or just with my mother. Can't wait to serve my friends, including Jim, who I visited in Cortina, Italy, my friend EDelMar, and possibly Offline Chuck as well as one or two other friends, this year. 

If I remember correctly, Linda (KilllersMom) used to do something similar, have local friends over for dinner who couldn't be with their families that day.