Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8992494 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13310 on: November 13, 2014, 12:47:24 pm »
Unfortunately, Sherlockian principles of deduction don't work on a person suffering from dementia.  :-\ But I did look in the garbage disposal, around her bed, on the table by her recliner, etc. No luck.

What about the bathroom?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13311 on: November 13, 2014, 12:48:40 pm »
look in the refrigerator.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13312 on: November 13, 2014, 02:12:39 pm »
Age is a real problem. While there is no proper dementia yet, my brother-in-law is becoming a problem. He is 81 and my sister 80. He will not come to visit here in NZ. The last time he was here was when the Christchurch earthquake occurred and he uses that as an excuse. My sister is not keen to leave him for long. He does not take care of himself and especially gets confused with his medicines.
She was here for over 3 weeks in February 2012 then just short of 2 weeks in March 2013. She has not been here since but finally agreed to 10 days starting Nov 25. I have arranged concerts and luncheons. Last Sunday I received an email that she had rushed him to hospiital with a possible heart attack. He was in hospital for nearly 2 days but it was not a heart attack but arythmia. The doctor adjusted his meds. 
Now last night I received an email to change her flights as he has a probably tumour behind his eye and will be operated on Thurs December 4, the day she was flying home. I have now paid over $200 for flight changes for her to go home on Tuesday 2nd.  I will have to drive her to the airport when I should be leading my hiking group on our Christmas hike. (We do a shortened hike and take foods to share for a picnic lunch and I thought my sister could meet all my friends that day).
The other 2 co-ordinators are meeting here today to plan for next year so we will need to think about what to do. One is already going to be away and the other is going to get a shock if she finds she has to lead on her own. I may change it to an area closer to the airport so I can do both.

I guess he can't help it but I get annoyed. Although he has heart problems he pours salt on all his food. I know he is a homophobe but we tolerate each other for my sister's sake.. He was courting my sister when I was only about 10 or 11. He can be very selfish at times.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13313 on: November 13, 2014, 02:25:18 pm »
And I have no idea where to look!

Try the dirty laundry bin.  In my experience, teeth often end up either wrapped in a towel or a sheet.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13314 on: November 13, 2014, 02:36:50 pm »
Try the dirty laundry bin.  In my experience, teeth often end up either wrapped in a towel or a sheet.

In your experience?  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13315 on: November 13, 2014, 04:04:00 pm »
In your experience?  :o

Two grandmothers and numerous patients.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13316 on: November 13, 2014, 04:22:32 pm »
Two grandmothers and numerous patients.

Oh, thank heavens!

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13317 on: November 13, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »
Try under the bedcovers.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13318 on: November 13, 2014, 07:16:42 pm »
Thanks for all these suggestions! Chuckie, sorry to highjack your blog!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13319 on: November 14, 2014, 09:04:44 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Yup, it's Friday, and pay day!!!  :)

Yesterday the madness did stop for a bit, and I was actually able to leave work on time!  :o

things may be a bit busy today, but not too bad, Fridays tend to be slower than ususal.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!