Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8988097 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13530 on: March 18, 2015, 01:15:09 pm »
My job has never been more secure.  LOL  With everyone  leaving, they need someone here who knows the customers and what they need,  right now, that's me and Pam, and the few remaining RMs.

Does that mean you give the customers a RM job?  8)

:o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13531 on: March 18, 2015, 02:11:13 pm »

On top of that, my car insurance is due next month, and it was originally $1,500.00 for the year.  My agent called me and told me not to pay it, because she felt they could do better.  She was able to get me the same coverage for $1,000.00, and I ended up getting renter's insurance for $150.00, so I still ended up saving $350.00.

My God! How much is your car worth? I just paid NZ$469 insurance for my 5 year old Ford Fiesta worth about $12,000 and NZ$869 for house and contents insurance probably over $400,000.
Sadly I paid $380 last week for my skin cancer checkup and will pay $848 today for removal of a basal skin cancer. Because of my history, I cannot get medical insurance for skin cancer in NZ. In Australia it would have cost about $250 all up. I could go to the hospital for free but may wait months for an appointment.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #13532 on: March 18, 2015, 03:25:20 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I'm in the middle of Madonna mania.  LOL

I'm really loving her new Rebel Heart CD, the first three songs on it have become my favorite tracks off of it.  "Living For Love", Ghosttown" and "Devil Pray".

On top of that, it's put me in the mood to hear classic Madonna, so I have the two CD set "Celebration" in my car, and I've been listening to it to and from work.  :)

Weekend was a good one, took care of things around the apartment, watched some good TV, and relaxed in general.

I love her new album too. My Favourite songs so far is "living for love" and " Joan of Arc" even  thou the songs is about break ups. Still find a strength in her songs. That love will conqueror.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13533 on: March 19, 2015, 08:30:59 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Ok everyone!  Who wants muffins? ? ? ?

*this should get more people to my blog*

*calls*  Oh FRiend Lee.....Chrissi.....Paull...there's no mint in them, I promise!

Of course this invite includes recent visitors like Brian, Sonja or Sophia as well!

Quiet moment at the office right now....and i'm liking it.  We'll see how long these moments last.  LOL  Weekend is upon us, but I have no plans so I'm thinking I'll have a relaxed one, aside from the cleaning I need to do.  Perhaps I'll decorate for Easter as well.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13534 on: March 19, 2015, 08:39:41 am »
My God! How much is your car worth? I just paid NZ$469 insurance for my 5 year old Ford Fiesta worth about $12,000 and NZ$869 for house and contents insurance probably over $400,000.   Sadly I paid $380 last week for my skin cancer checkup and will pay $848 today for removal of a basal skin cancer. Because of my history, I cannot get medical insurance for skin cancer in NZ. In Australia it would have cost about $250 all up. I could go to the hospital for free but may wait months for an appointment.

My car is a 2004 Chevy Tracker, with 138,000 miles on it.  According to the Kelley Blue Book site (which rates the value of cars) my car is valued at $5,500.00.  The US has very high car insurance rates, my state is ranked as 12th highest out of the 50 states.

I'll also say I have full coverage on the car, even though it's old, I feel more comfortable with that.  Plus, my car might last a much longer time.  A friend of mine had the same make and model, and she used her for off-roading and rough terrian, and her Tracker lasted for 250,000 miles.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13535 on: March 19, 2015, 08:40:43 am »
I love her new album too. My Favourite songs so far is "living for love" and " Joan of Arc" even  thou the songs is about break ups. Still find a strength in her songs. That love will conqueror.

Oh yeah, Joan of Arc is a great song!  She performed that on Ellen the other day.  I also like the title track (Rebel Heart).

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13536 on: March 19, 2015, 09:40:09 am »
The US has very high car insurance rates.

The US has a lot of very stupid drivers.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13537 on: March 19, 2015, 11:23:05 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Ok everyone!  Who wants muffins? ? ? ?

*this should get more people to my blog*

*calls*  Oh FRiend Lee.....Chrissi.....Paull...there's no mint in them, I promise!

Of course this invite includes recent visitors like Brian, Sonja or Sophia as well!

Quiet moment at the office right now....and i'm liking it.  We'll see how long these moments last.  LOL  Weekend is upon us, but I have no plans so I'm thinking I'll have a relaxed one, aside from the cleaning I need to do.  Perhaps I'll decorate for Easter as well.

Hey Chuckles!  How thoughtful.  I'll have a cup of coffee, but I can't eat no muffin just now.

Decorating for Easter?  Where do you hide your eggs?

I've got weekend plans:  going to the Boston Gay Men's Chorus concert on Saturday.  It's called "Wicked Awesome", the music of Stephen Schwartz, and he is the special guest!
Music from Godspell, Pippin, Baker's Wife, Magic Show, Wicked, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Children of Eden and more.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13538 on: March 19, 2015, 11:29:23 am »
Chuckie, I'm confused.  You always say that zombies only eat flesh, not brains. 

How do you explain iZombie?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13539 on: March 19, 2015, 12:12:48 pm »
It's a bit of an explaination.

One of the original zombie movies is George Romero's "Night of the Living Dead".   In that movie the recently dead were returning to life, but had no intelligence, bascially animals with just instincts to walk around and eat.

That movie was created by George Romero and John Russo.  However, the pair had a falling out, and they each created their own sequals.  The stipulations were that Romero's films would be referred to as the "the dead" films.  (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of, Day of, Land of, Diary of, Survival of,)

Romero's films tend to be straight horror films and his zombies didn't talk.  In his films, the brains are reactivated, and the zombies eat flesh.  If the brain is destroyed, the zombie is killed, so if a zombie eats someone's brains, their body can't reanimate.

For John Russo, his stipulation was his set of sequals would contain the terms "Living Dead".  (Return of the Living Dead,  Return of the Living Dead 2).  

Russo's films were more of a comedy/horror combination.  They often featured slapstick situations, and his zombies were capable of limited speech, most often moaning "braaaaaains".  In his films the zombies strictly ate the brains, but somehow the bodies would reanimate without the brains, which makes no sense.

When it comes to I Zombie, this show is based on a comic book that follows Russo's storyline, but takes it further.  The young girl who is a zomibe has retained all of her intelligence.  She gets a job in the morgue so she has access to brains without killing anyone.  In the end she helps crimefighters because when she eats the brain, she can see the memories of the human the brain belonged to, often revealing the identity of the person who murdered them.

Most horror movie fans consider Romero's films classics and the true cannon.  Russo's films are considered 'unoffical' zombie movies.