Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8966457 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13540 on: March 19, 2015, 02:15:36 pm »
When it comes to I Zombie, this show is based on a comic book that follows Russo's storyline, but takes it further.  The young girl who is a zomibe has retained all of her intelligence.  She gets a job in the morgue so she has access to brains without killing anyone.  In the end she helps crimefighters because when she eats the brain, she can see the memories of the human the brain belonged to, often revealing the identity of the person who murdered them.
The actress who plays this part is a Kiwi and was on our prime time news last night. I thought of you Chuck but yuck ;D

http://tvnz.co.nz/entertainment-news/matt-mclean-my-afternoon-world-s-funniest-zombie-6258849

I have now linked to the interview not the show

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13541 on: March 19, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »
Thanks, Chuck.  That's more than I could ever want to know about the culinary habits of zombies.  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13542 on: March 20, 2015, 08:40:52 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yup, first day of Spring here, and we're expecting a winter storm, some areas are predicted to get 6 inches of snow. 

:laugh:

Looks to be a quiet weekend, so hopefully I'll get the cleaning done, and perhaps some shopping as well.

What's going on with you all?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13543 on: March 20, 2015, 08:42:40 am »
Decorating for Easter?  Where do you hide your eggs?

I've got weekend plans:  going to the Boston Gay Men's Chorus concert on Saturday.  It's called "Wicked Awesome", the music of Stephen Schwartz, and he is the special guest!
Music from Godspell, Pippin, Baker's Wife, Magic Show, Wicked, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Children of Eden and more.

Oh that sounds like it will be a great show!  Enjoy it!!!

As for my eggs, I don't hide any.  LOL  I'll just be decorating the window that faces out to the parkway.  Easter flag, pink lights, and light up Easter eggs.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13544 on: March 20, 2015, 02:51:25 pm »
We also have plans for the weekend. Going to Hannah's Abi-Ball. Graduation ceremony from school which is held in the evening as a ball. New evening gown plus all accessory for my oldest. Kind of looking forward to it.

Yep, I must be getting old, lol. Back then when Jens and I had our Abi-Ball we didn't attend. We were too cool for such an old-fashioned, bourgeois event. We hopped on our motorbike and had a five week long trip to Greece instead. :laugh:

And there we were, thinking we had escaped the whole caboodle. Now it comes back, 28 years later, biting us in the a$$, lol. But of course I'm so, so damn proud of my child that I wouldn't want to miss it for anything!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13545 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »
Makes a difference when you're a parent, doesn't it?  :laugh:

Congratulations to Hannah--and to her parents!

Abi- comes from Abitur?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13546 on: March 20, 2015, 04:31:39 pm »
Makes a difference when you're a parent, doesn't it?  :laugh:

You bet!

Congratulations to Hannah--and to her parents!

Thank you! :)
One down, two to go. ;D

Abi- comes from Abitur?

Exactly. Abi is short for Abitur. 13 years of school, now she's allowed to study at a university. Where has the time gone? They grow up so fast. And I don't feel old enough to have an adult daughter. But apparently I am, lol. :laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13547 on: March 20, 2015, 06:39:52 pm »
It's a bit of an explaination.

One of the original zombie movies is George Romero's "Night of the Living Dead".   In that movie the recently dead were returning to life, but had no intelligence, bascially animals with just instincts to walk around and eat.

That movie was created by George Romero and John Russo.  However, the pair had a falling out, and they each created their own sequals.  The stipulations were that Romero's films would be referred to as the "the dead" films.  (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of, Day of, Land of, Diary of, Survival of,)

Romero's films tend to be straight horror films and his zombies didn't talk.  In his films, the brains are reactivated, and the zombies eat flesh.  If the brain is destroyed, the zombie is killed, so if a zombie eats someone's brains, their body can't reanimate.

For John Russo, his stipulation was his set of sequals would contain the terms "Living Dead".  (Return of the Living Dead,  Return of the Living Dead 2).  

Russo's films were more of a comedy/horror combination.  They often featured slapstick situations, and his zombies were capable of limited speech, most often moaning "braaaaaains".  In his films the zombies strictly ate the brains, but somehow the bodies would reanimate without the brains, which makes no sense.

When it comes to I Zombie, this show is based on a comic book that follows Russo's storyline, but takes it further.  The young girl who is a zomibe has retained all of her intelligence.  She gets a job in the morgue so she has access to brains without killing anyone.  In the end she helps crimefighters because when she eats the brain, she can see the memories of the human the brain belonged to, often revealing the identity of the person who murdered them.

Most horror movie fans consider Romero's films classics and the true cannon.  Russo's films are considered 'unoffical' zombie movies.

Oh gosh, Chuckie, I didn't know you had a degree in zombiology!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13548 on: March 20, 2015, 06:44:03 pm »
Big congrats to Hannah, and to her parents!

I know the feeling, couldn't believe it when my son graduated from the gymnasium.

And to think, just in a couple of months I'll see him graduate from the medicine faculty! In two months my little baby will be a doctor!!!   :o ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13549 on: March 21, 2015, 04:14:35 am »
Big congrats to Hannah, and to her parents!

I know the feeling, couldn't believe it when my son graduated from the gymnasium.

And to think, just in a couple of months I'll see him graduate from the medicine faculty! In two months my little baby will be a doctor!!!   :o ;D

Tell us when he made it, there also will be congrats in order. :)
Hannah also wants to study Medicine. Her Abitur grade is very good with 1.6, but still no guarantee she will get a university place for Medicine for the coming semester (grades in Germany range from 1.0 to 6.0 with 1.0 being the best). Since she has a super grade she will eventually be able to get a place, but maybe she has to wait for one or two semesters.
If she doesn't get in right now she also might study a related subject like neuroscience, molecular medicine, molecular biology, bio-medicine, etc. We'll see.