Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8963806 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13560 on: March 23, 2015, 08:46:14 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I think the itteh bitteh kitteh commeteh needs to outlaw Mondays! 

I could do with another hour's sleep, but oh well, here I am, in my cubicle!  Really shouldn't complain, it was a good weekend, and I did get everything accomplished that I wanted to, and got some rest time in as well.

;D

How is everyone today?  Paul, how was your show?  Chrissi, how was the ball?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13561 on: March 23, 2015, 10:54:04 am »

How is everyone today?  Paul, how was your show?  Chrissi, how was the ball?

The show was mixed, honestly.  The problem I have with gay men's choruses is:  either they take themselves too seriously or way too silly.  Let's just say the Boston chorus hasn't quite found the right balance.  I was very happy to see Stephen Schwartz. 

The chorus did a new piece:  "Testimony", which is quotations from the "It Gets Better" project, set to music by SS. 

A little pet peeve:  175 men wearing tuxedos, standing the whole time, with the jackets all unbuttoned.  To me, it looks very sloppy.  Button the top button, gents!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13562 on: March 23, 2015, 11:29:15 am »
A little pet peeve:  175 men wearing tuxedos, standing the whole time, with the jackets all unbuttoned.  To me, it looks very sloppy.  Button the top button, gents!

That does sound a little sloppy.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13563 on: March 23, 2015, 04:57:24 pm »
Congrats to Hannah Chrissi!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13564 on: March 24, 2015, 08:44:30 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Zombie Jack Twist is getting ready for the last episode of Walking Dead next week, and then it's on break until October.

Hope that everyone is doing well!    Got my newest lease, signed it and sent it in with a check to cover th increase to my rent (a whole $5.00).

Bowling night tonight, and the season ends by the end of May, so not much longer to go until a break for the summer.

How is everyone else doing?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13565 on: March 24, 2015, 08:45:55 am »
The show was mixed, honestly.  The problem I have with gay men's choruses is:  either they take themselves too seriously or way too silly.  Let's just say the Boston chorus hasn't quite found the right balance.  I was very happy to see Stephen Schwartz. 

The chorus did a new piece:  "Testimony", which is quotations from the "It Gets Better" project, set to music by SS. 

A little pet peeve:  175 men wearing tuxedos, standing the whole time, with the jackets all unbuttoned.  To me, it looks very sloppy.  Button the top button, gents!

Sorry to hear that it was a mixed show.  I understand what you're saying regarding the seriousness or silliness of the performances.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13566 on: March 24, 2015, 06:06:16 pm »
What the hell did you do to Jack, Chuck??!!!   >:( >:( >:(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13567 on: March 24, 2015, 07:08:47 pm »
He's a zombie, and he's coming for you, Sonja!   :laugh:

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13568 on: March 25, 2015, 07:40:36 am »
Hiya Chuck, I haven't been on here much last few months.  Life has been too dull to write about  :(

Anything going on in your love life?  How about your dieting / fitness?

Hope you are well, miss your hugs.  ;)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13569 on: March 25, 2015, 08:57:07 am »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

Hope that everyone is doing well, and ready for Hump Day!

;D

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?  I'll be having dinner with friends on Friday, but then early to bed as I must be up for 6am on Saturday (isn't there a law against that?) to go with my parents to Pennsylvania.

That's where mom's parents are buried, and each year she sends palm crosses to the family there, so they can put them on the grave for her.  This year the family is on the sick side (bad backs and such) so mom and dad are making the three hour drive to do it themselves.  Being 76 and 71, I'd offered to go with them, so I can drive the trip back.  We hope to be home by about 2:00 or so the same day.

Since I'll be dropping them off at their home, I'll just bring my laundry with me, and do it there, so it's done and out of the way, and then I can use Sunday as my rest day.