Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8961877 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #7720 on: February 17, 2010, 02:16:54 pm »
Happy anniversary to your parents Chuck!

What a lovely tribute to them.

LOL at the yogurt!!   ;D

Happy Lent! (don't know if it's appropriate to say that, but I do anyway!)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7721 on: February 17, 2010, 06:23:21 pm »
I need to find that yogurt when Im in the US!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7722 on: February 19, 2010, 09:46:16 pm »
Where has Chucky been?  He's missing from his blog.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #7723 on: February 20, 2010, 09:37:34 am »
Tomorrow starts Lent.  For the next 40 days you're supposed to sacrifice something to commemorate the 40 days that Jesus fasted in the desert.

What I'm going to do is buy two cans of food to donate to the church for the poor.

For myself, I've decided that I will sacrifice my free time, and for the next 40 days, work out 3 times a day, as a piece of self-improvement, and see if I can kickstart my weight loss again.

That sounds very good, Chuck.   :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7724 on: February 20, 2010, 10:26:38 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I'm here late today!  But better late than pregnant never!

:laugh:

Went out today to the book store, and decided to expand my gay library, and picked up three books.

"Queer" - Simon Cage, Lisa Richards, Howard Wilmot

With plenty of color photos, graphics, best-of lists and miniprofiles of celebrities, plus a foreword by Boy George, Queer is a lighthearted celebration of gay and lesbian culture, especially of the last three decades. Edited by freelance writer Lisa Richard, former Boyz magazine editor Simon Gage and journalist Howard Wilmot, the book includes a survey of the gayest cities in the world, a retrospective of gay and lesbian contributions to entertainment and fashion (from drag kings to Versace) and spotlights of activists and icons ("Princess Diana: Latter day saint and gay icon or stupid spoilt bitch?"), all in a busy, slick package that will remind readers of their favorite glossy magazines.

"Bear Like Me" - Jonathan Cohen

Fired from his job at Phag magazine, Peter Mallory has to find a way to make a living - and get revenge! When his best friend suggests writing a book about the bear community - and using his new "bear" look to go undercover at Phag - Peter is soon letting his body hair grow and practising the fine art of flannel couture. When Peter's sabotage campaign works only too well, he starts to run the risk of discovery. With an envious fellow bear set to unmask Peter as a fraud, and a relationship with an intriguing bear on the line, things are about to get very hairy!

"Young Man From the Provinces" - Alan Helms

In his 20s and early 30s, Helms was at once the most privileged and self-destructive of men, at the giddy peak of his career as "the most celebrated young man in all of gay New York."   The Manhattan of the 1950s and '60s embraced the Columbia student as a "U.T." a "universal type," or "someone everybody wants," photographed by Avedon, directed by Edward Albee and pursued by any number of men.  Repudiating the drab miseries of his Indiana boyhood, Helms pursued those who pursued him: his more celebrated lovers included Anthony Perkins, Larry Kert and Luchino Visconti.  Leonard Bernstein wooed him ardently, and chum Noel Coward helped Helms reconcile with a lover.  But the relationships were doomed to fall apart, as Helms (held aloft by adoration, alcohol and drugs; brought thuddingly to earth by excess:  bulimia; alcoholism; joyless, frenetic promiscuity) began to self-destruct.  Self-acceptance came with the more temperate joys of work as a college professor and with counseling from the Harvard psychologist Robert Coles.  As he grew older, Helms was better able to distance himself from the past.  Because Helms is neither an elegant nor a modest writer, the reader is less willing to repudiate his glittering excesses; Helms's vigorous name-dropping has more charm than the somber self-reproaches that accompany his sobriety. This self-described "D student in the school of life" depicts a New York that, after the Stonewall riots, would never be as closeted or as cozily familiar again.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7725 on: February 21, 2010, 09:37:14 pm »

Damn....the weekend is almost over!

where did the time go?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7726 on: February 22, 2010, 05:04:33 am »

Damn....the weekend is almost over!

where did the time go?

I know.. goes to quick, eh!?!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7727 on: February 22, 2010, 07:32:22 am »

Won't be around today much at all!

:-\

I have a training class to go to today, and it's supposed to last all day.   >:( ::)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #7728 on: February 24, 2010, 08:58:11 pm »
Hi Chucky.....just wanted to drop in and tell you I cant wait to meet up with you in 49 days. xxxx

What time does your flight come into Tampa?
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7729 on: February 24, 2010, 09:43:07 pm »
Hi Chucky.....just wanted to drop in and tell you I cant wait to meet up with you in 49 days. xxxx

What time does your flight come into Tampa?

If I remember right, it arrives about 3PM or so!

Looking forward to meeting you too!     ;D