Author Topic: ABCs at the Movies: The Doubles Round!  (Read 2582754 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"N" is Nicholas Nickleby (2002)
« Reply #2790 on: February 21, 2008, 11:14:54 am »
Features Anne Hathaway and Christopher Plummer who worked with Heath on BbM & The Imaginarium respectively.

Based on the book "Matilda" by Roald Dahl; Michelle Williams loves this story and it was one of the inspirations for she and Heath to name their daughter Matilda.

Good one, Leslie!  I didn't know that.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"O" is Oscar and Lucinda (1997)
« Reply #2791 on: February 21, 2008, 02:17:30 pm »
Heath and Cate Blanchett were in I'm Not There; additionally, Geoffrey Rush was the voice of the narrator, and had starred with Heath in Candy.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"P" is Proof (2005)
« Reply #2792 on: February 21, 2008, 03:01:12 pm »

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, and we all know the connection there.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"Q" is Quiet Cool (1986)
« Reply #2793 on: February 21, 2008, 03:36:07 pm »
Quiet Cool starred James Remar, who also played Gregory in Cruising. Cruising was filmed on location in Greenwich Village and various sites in lower Manhattan, which is where Heath was living at the time of his death.

A bit of a stretch, maybe, but at least I saved oilgun from the Q! LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

"R" is Renaldo and Clara (1978)
« Reply #2794 on: February 21, 2008, 03:44:21 pm »
An avant-garde-ish film directed by Bob Dylan in which someone else plays Bob DylanHeath plays a character inspired by Bob Dylan in I'm Not There, the avant-garde-ish Todd Haynes film about Bob Dylan.

I'm trying to be creative here since Leslie as raised the bar  ;)

IMDb Plot Synopsis:This epic is a mass amalgamation of three separate film-types that is, contrary to popular opinion, coherent and a unified whole. Bob Dylan is shown in concert, often masked, during the Rolling Thunder Revue. The film also features documentary footage, including Ruben "Hurricane" Carter's struggle against the forces that have imprisoned him. The third element is fictional "role-playing" footage with Bob Dylan in the guise of guitar-strumming Renaldo and his wife Sara as his companion Clara. Ronnie Hawkins takes on the role of Bob Dylan in these sequences. The film includes footage of a visit to the grave of Jack Kerouac, an Allen Ginsberg poetry reading and various friends and acquaintances, namely David Blue (playing pinball by a swimming pool), discussing experiences on the road.

PS: Thanks for taking the Q!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:05:08 pm by oilgun »

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"S" is Sommersby (1993)
« Reply #2795 on: February 21, 2008, 04:29:26 pm »
Richard Gere starred with Heath in I'm Not There and got a close shave from Jodie Foster in Sommersby.

=aside= I met James Remar on the set of Tales from the Darkside: The Movie; he was handsome and charming. :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"T" is A Thousand Acres (1996)
« Reply #2796 on: February 21, 2008, 06:05:44 pm »
A Thousand Acres is based on King Lear, written by Shakespeare. 10 Things I Hate About You, starring Heath, is based on The Taming of the Shrew, also written by Shakespeare.

Too much of a stretch? How about this.

Michelle Williams, Heath's former fiancee and mother of his daughter, Matilda, played the role of Pammy in A Thousand Acres.

Betcha didn't know that...I didn't!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

Re: "S" is Sommersby (1993)
« Reply #2797 on: February 21, 2008, 06:23:12 pm »
==COMPLETE ASIDE==
=aside= I met James Remar on the set of Tales from the Darkside: The Movie; he was handsome and charming. :)

I'm jealous!  I've had a thing for James Remar ever since The Warriors. (Michael Beck was a pussy! :laugh:) He can be so damn sexy!  Unfortunately, he's had his struggles with substance abuse over the years which has affected his career so we don't see him in very many good roles/movies.  I was happy to see him in Dexter.  I loved him in Rites of Passage as the escaped con putting the make on Jason Behr.  Oh my!

Offline oilgun

"U" is Under Suspicion (2000)
« Reply #2798 on: February 21, 2008, 07:41:33 pm »
Stars Monica Bellucci who tried to seduce Heath in The Brothers Grimm.  Also stars Thomas Jane who, like Heath, was in a movie where he (very) passionately kisses another man- Vincent D'onofrio in The Velocity of Gary)  ;D

==ASIDE==
I noticed that Morgan Freeman is in a lot of movies that start with U  :o

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"V" is Veronica Guerin (2003)
« Reply #2799 on: February 22, 2008, 09:51:09 am »
Cate Blanchett starred with Heath in I'm Not There and also in Veronica Guerin.

==COMPLETE ASIDE==
I'm jealous!  I've had a thing for James Remar ever since The Warriors. (Michael Beck was a pussy! :laugh:) He can be so damn sexy!  Unfortunately, he's had his struggles with substance abuse over the years which has affected his career so we don't see him in very many good roles/movies.  I was happy to see him in Dexter.  I loved him in Rites of Passage as the escaped con putting the make on Jason Behr.  Oh my!

=total and utter aside=
Who wouldn't want to put the make on Jason Behr??