Author Topic: ABCs at the Movies: The Doubles Round!  (Read 2586400 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"W" is We Were Soldiers (2002)
« Reply #2800 on: February 22, 2008, 10:20:26 am »
There's the obvious connection: starred Mel Gibson, who starred with Heath in The Patriot.

And the less obvious...also starred Sam Elliott, who was in Thank You For Smoking, which starred Aaron Eckhart, who plays Harvey Dent in the upcoming The Dark Knight, with Heath as the Joker. Sam Elliott was also in Hulk, directed by Ang Lee, who directed Brokeback Mountain.

Besides that, Sam Elliott has played lots and lots of cowboys in his career.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Wildcard "X" is Clowning Around (1992)
« Reply #2801 on: February 22, 2008, 04:43:16 pm »
Clowning Around is Heath's first movie credit on IMDb.  He apparently plays a kid dressed like a clown, which is kind of creepy since he basically plays a clown in his last completed project, The Dark Knight.  Also, Heath's last photos show him dressed like a clown for his role in Imaginarium.  I hate clowns, always have.

Here's an appropriately creepy image:

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"Y" is Youth Without Youth (2007)
« Reply #2802 on: February 22, 2008, 11:10:42 pm »
Matt Damon, who starred with Heath in The Brothers Grimm, is listed in IMDb as "uncredited Life Magazine reporter" in Coppola's Youth Without Youth.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"Z" is Zizek! (2005)
« Reply #2803 on: February 23, 2008, 10:50:27 am »
Zizek! was shown at the 2005 Toronto Film Festival. Brokeback Mountain was also screened at the same film festival, as was Thank You For Smoking, which starred Aaron Eckhart who also plays Harvey Dent in the upcoming The Dark Knight in which Heath plays the Joker.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: ABCs at the Movies: Round 2008
« Reply #2804 on: February 23, 2008, 11:00:46 am »
For our next round, let's play Round 2008...since we are in the year, after all!

As a reminder, two movies from 2008 have been played already:
Australia and Valkyrie, so they can't be played again.

Any other movie from this year...already playing or expected to open...can be played.

Wildcard X is in effect.

Have fun!

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"A" is Atlas Shrugged
« Reply #2805 on: February 23, 2008, 11:13:08 am »
One of Angelina Jolie's upcoming projects.  IMDb still has it as a 2008 release, so we'll just have to see.

SYNOPSIS: Ayn Rand’s groundbreaking   [interminably long-winded and repetitious]  novel foresees an American future eerily similar to the future that America faces today. The politics of fear embodied by stringent government regulation and irresponsible foreign policy have driven American society to the brink of collapse. Against this backdrop, Dagny Taggart wrestles her corrupt and dissolute brother for control of their great-grandfather’s railroad conglomerate. Determined to live up to her ancestor’s name, Dagny steers the railroad through a minefield of government sabotage, domestic disintegration, and international terrorism. All the while the destruction of the American way is hastened by a mysterious force that is silencing the great thinkers of the day. Their disappearance inspires a universal sense of fatalistic dread that is summed up by the new popular catchphrase: “Who is John Galt?”

PS:  Sorry for taking the wildcard X again but I waited HOURS for someone else to grab it, then I just couldn't stand it anymore, lol!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: "A" is ...
« Reply #2806 on: February 23, 2008, 11:22:12 am »
Sorry for taking the wildcard X again but I waited HOURS for someone else to grab it then I couldn't stand it anymore, lol!

Hey, not a problem! And I should get an extra pat on the head since I played Q and Z (quite cleverly, if I do say so myself! LOL).

L

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"B" is Be Kind Rewind
« Reply #2807 on: February 23, 2008, 07:03:24 pm »

Plot Outline from IMDb:

A man whose brain becomes magnetized unintentionally destroys every tape in his friend's video store.  In order to satisfy the store's most loyal renter, an aging woman with signs of dementia, the two men set out to remake the lost films, which include Back to the Future, The Lion King, and Robocop.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOKFV0XNZA[/youtube]
Time:  2:22
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:23:06 am by Fran »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"C" is The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
« Reply #2808 on: February 23, 2008, 11:58:11 pm »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"D" is The Dark Knight
« Reply #2809 on: February 24, 2008, 12:07:08 am »
I expect it will be difficult to see Heath in this role. 

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 05:57:56 pm by southendmd »