Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1206216 times)

injest

Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #1210 on: April 28, 2008, 10:10:48 pm »
That would be one way to create a mini-Trekkie - Sulu in the nursery.   ;D

oh don't get me wrong...got nothing agin Sulu....but Rich didn't strike me as THAT big a fan..

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1211 on: April 28, 2008, 10:15:44 pm »

What would Hannah Montana do?

Pose in only a blanket for famous lesbian photographer Annie Leibovitz. ...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:47:02 am by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1212 on: April 29, 2008, 09:05:51 am »
What would EWE do??

I would pose for Annie Lebowitz!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1213 on: April 29, 2008, 09:06:41 am »

in just a blanket?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1214 on: April 29, 2008, 09:53:16 am »

I threatened to do an Annie Leibovitz on you earlier if you didn't come up with some photos for the calendar (since you were the one who started the calendar thread!). But you didn't reply. Guess I need to start packing my camera bags!!! Don't know how Annie manages to get her subjects to unclothe for the portraits...but I seem to have her gift!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1215 on: April 29, 2008, 10:44:49 am »
I threatened to do an Annie Leibovitz on you earlier if you didn't come up with some photos for the calendar (since you were the one who started the calendar thread!). But you didn't reply. Guess I need to start packing my camera bags!!! Don't know how Annie manages to get her subjects to unclothe for the portraits...but I seem to have her gift!

Honey I'll take off my clothes, all you gotta do is ask!  :laugh:

But seriously, that is a good example of how I talk a big game while ignoring rl and then it comes and grabs me by the under toe.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2008, 10:56:08 am »

in just a blanket?

Well, at least he is over 18.

Exactly. In addition to all the fuss that's already been made over these photos, I smell a double standard. Imagine the screeching if a gay male photographer had taken a similar photo of a 15-year-old boy.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1217 on: April 29, 2008, 11:23:32 am »
Exactly. In addition to all the fuss that's already been made over these photos, I smell a double standard. Imagine the screeching if a gay male photographer had taken a similar photo of a 15-year-old boy.

I smell that too, the media is reporting her parents were there and everyone was in agreement it was fine. I have not seen the actual photos, so I can only comment in general. But a 15 year old boy photographed by Les Krims or Lucas Samaris, as Ennis would say: "No Way!"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1218 on: April 29, 2008, 11:37:19 am »
I smell that too, the media is reporting her parents were there and everyone was in agreement it was fine. I have not seen the actual photos, so I can only comment in general. But a 15 year old boy photographed by Les Krims or Lucas Samaris, as Ennis would say: "No Way!"

Questions have been raised about the propriety of a photo of her and Billy Ray, too.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1219 on: April 29, 2008, 11:41:43 am »
It kills me. The double standard and the fact that the media is always ready and waiting to tear someone apart. Ecspecially someone that portrays themselves as wholsome. It's like  a bunch of Pirannah. They're saying look loook, she just as sleazy as we are.
I saw the pictures. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. She is completely covered except for her back.
Heck, if she was at the pool you could expect to see somthing like that.
I don't think I would want my daughters picture taken like that but it's not like she is doing a spread in penthouse!
A little perepective and common sense could go a long way here.
I think she is a good kid and her Dad is a good guy and they probably got caught up in themoment being with a famous photographer.
I mean you talk to some celebs and they are like " you aren't famous till Annie Lebowitz takes you pic".
The media needs to Cut the kid and her family some slack.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"