Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1206094 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #1330 on: June 13, 2008, 01:37:12 pm »
A friend of mine knew this couple who married late in life and between them they had daughters named April, Fay and June.

I wonder what they had against May as a name?  ???  I mean, Fay is OK, as in Fay Wray, but it sort of breaks up the flow.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1331 on: June 13, 2008, 07:55:15 pm »
I think April and June belonged to one and Fay belonged to another, so they didn't have any coordination on it.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1332 on: June 13, 2008, 09:34:49 pm »

For those who can't make it out:

8 out of 10 Rocky Mountian and Burlington High School Students do not smoke cigarettes in a typical month.

??? ??? ??? ???

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1333 on: June 14, 2008, 08:54:04 am »
Oh that is weird Chuck, I got one of those in my town too.

Its a conspiracy!  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1334 on: June 17, 2008, 09:42:13 pm »
I should start carrying a small notebook with me so I can record the event when I notice a particularly attractive guy. Like the beauteous young man I saw at the train station on my way to visit my dad last Saturday.

He might have been about 5-8 or 5-9. He wasn't terribly tall, and he was very young, looked to be college age to me. He had slightly bushy light brown hair. I couldn't see the color of his eyes, but I'm betting they were blue. He was clean-shaven, and he had full lips and a rather longish, aristocratic-looking nose. He was wearing a yellow short-sleeved polo shirt, untucked, baggy jeans, and flip-flops. He had a back pack, and he was carrying a duffel and one of those clothing bags like you carry a suit in. He was clearly athletic; his pecs swelled the bosom of his shirt in a manly way, and his biceps filled the sleeve openings completely, in a way that always makes me take notice.

I all-too-soon lost sight of him in the crowd, so imagine my surprise when I saw him again in the Lancaster train station. I more-or-less followed this attractive vision of young manhood down to the sidewalk in front of the station; I was headed there anyway to wait for my dad to pick me up. I positioned myself where I could observe him more closely. I noticed that his duffel was a Nike bag, blue with a silver "Swoosh" logo, and on the logo was hand printed the name Kreider, a very common Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, surname.

As I watched, an older woman in a red Toyota drove up and got out of the car. The young man kissed her, and I heard him call her "Mom," though to my eyes she looked old enough to be his grandmother; perhaps the young man was the baby of a family of several children. They loaded his luggage in the car, then they got in and drove off. Soon thereafter my dad arrived to pick me up.

A beauteous, athletic young man. ...  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #1335 on: June 18, 2008, 12:01:45 am »
Jeff that was a beautiful description...

thank you for sharing it with us. Makes me smile.

:-*

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1336 on: June 18, 2008, 08:11:25 am »
Jeff, that was beautiful.
I feel like i was there with you.
I love watching people, thinking about their lives where they are going what they are doing.
Just brief moments of interaction in someone elses life even if they are unaware.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1337 on: June 18, 2008, 08:41:04 am »
Jeff that was a beautiful description...

thank you for sharing it with us. Makes me smile.

:-*

Jeff, that was beautiful.
I feel like i was there with you.
I love watching people, thinking about their lives where they are going what they are doing.
Just brief moments of interaction in someone elses life even if they are unaware.

Thanks! Seeing the young man made me smile, too. Like a beautiful work of art.  :)

"For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels."  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1338 on: June 20, 2008, 09:08:01 am »
On my way to work this morning, I passed a young construction worker who looked just like the actor Josh Duhamel!  :o

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1339 on: June 20, 2008, 11:13:26 am »
You shoulda faked a flat!  :P 8)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~