Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1206386 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #1380 on: July 10, 2008, 12:23:20 pm »
Medicare won't pay for a Pedicure.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1381 on: July 10, 2008, 12:50:51 pm »
Will Medicaid pay for a Bandaid?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1382 on: July 10, 2008, 01:22:01 pm »
Some Aphorisms of G. K. Chesterton

(From an article about him in the July 7 & 14 New Yorker)

"Americans are the people who describe their use of alcohol and tobacco as vices."

"'My country, right or wrong,' is a thing that no true patriot would think of saying. It is like saying, 'My mother, drunk or sober.'"

"Blasphemy depends on belief and is fading with it. If anyone doubts this, let him sit down seriously and try to think blasphemous thoughts about Thor."

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1383 on: July 11, 2008, 08:10:15 am »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered."
I love this one!!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1384 on: July 11, 2008, 08:21:34 am »

I love this one!!

I do, too.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1385 on: July 11, 2008, 08:32:33 am »
Man what an adventure today will be!  ;D

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1386 on: July 11, 2008, 12:12:39 pm »

Oh boy, I saw my next adventure this morning as I was pulling out of the driveway.

Last year the highway department brought in some fill dirt to shore up an embankment next to my house that had eroded. Said dirt contained KUDZU and this morning as I pulled out into the road I glanced over and there it was!

Well of course this means war. I called the highway department, got transfered three times and left a message with the area director who was supervising a job down the road from me. His secretary said if he did not call back today he would call Monday. I am not waiting till Monday. My trip home this evening will include a stop by Lowe's to purchase a large volume of Roundup and once I locate my snake proof boots I am going to battle.

If I let this stuff alone, by the end of the summer it will engulf the trees beside the road, by this time next year the woods next to my house will be engulfed with it. It will become a convenient cover for snakes and rats. I have seen the stuff overrun an abandoned house. I am angry. eighteen years of keeping an eye on a patch around the curve and here the highway department brings it right to my door in responce to my tell then their road was about to cave it.

injest

« Reply #1387 on: July 11, 2008, 12:21:51 pm »
some adventures are just more exciting than others aren't they?  :laugh: :P

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1388 on: July 11, 2008, 12:23:19 pm »

Oh boy, I saw my next adventure this morning as I was pulling out of the driveway.

Last year the highway department brought in some fill dirt to shore up an embankment next to my house that had eroded. Said dirt contained KUDZU and this morning as I pulled out into the road I glanced over and there it was!

Well of course this means war. I called the highway department, got transfered three times and left a message with the area director who was supervising a job down the road from me. His secretary said if he did not call back today he would call Monday. I am not waiting till Monday. My trip home this evening will include a stop by Lowe's to purchase a large volume of Roundup and once I locate my snake proof boots I am going to battle.

If I let this stuff alone, by the end of the summer it will engulf the trees beside the road, by this time next year the woods next to my house will be engulfed with it. It will become a convenient cover for snakes and rats. I have seen the stuff overrun an abandoned house. I am angry. eighteen years of keeping an eye on a patch around the curve and here the highway department brings it right to my door in responce to my tell then their road was about to cave it.

Why don't you just use it to make jelly?  ???

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1389 on: July 11, 2008, 12:31:04 pm »
Why don't you just use it to make jelly?  ???

Because: If I let this stuff alone, by the end of the summer it will engulf the trees beside the road, by this time next year the woods next to my house will be engulfed with it. It will become a convenient cover for snakes and rats. I have seen the stuff overrun an abandoned house.