Author Topic: How to Modify Your Profile  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
How to Modify Your Profile
« on: March 08, 2006, 12:03:33 am »
If you would like to update your profile to include a picture or avatar, indicate your gender, put your Instant Messenger network affiliations on the forum, or insert your own signature line, just click http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?action=profile, and then select Forum Profile Information on the left side of the screen and edit away.

I will be happy to set up a picture for you if you want to e-mail it to me - [email protected].  Just file attach it and I'll edit it to the appropriate size.

You can also use an image from the movie.  It helps personalize the forum!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 09:52:12 am by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline donnaread

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: How to Modify Your Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 12:59:07 pm »
Phillip, I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to change my profile info...it keeps telling me I have the wrong password :(... H E L P!!!!  Donna
P.S.  I am enjoying the forum sooo  much...its wonderful...I now know I am not alone, even though I am a 56 yr hetero female  ;D

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 07:30:20 pm »
Phillip, I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to change my profile info...it keeps telling me I have the wrong password :(... H E L P!!!!  Donna
P.S.  I am enjoying the forum sooo  much...its wonderful...I now know I am not alone, even though I am a 56 yr hetero female  ;D

Are you clicking on the Profile button above?  The only reason I could think it would be asking you for a password is if you were not logged in to the forum.  If it still does this, you can private message me with the exact steps you took to get stuck.  Your password should be the same as you use to log in to the forum.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 11:12:28 pm »
How do you change the font size/color of your signature line?

Or can you?

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 01:04:33 am »

It just dawned on me what you were speaking about.  The password prompt you are getting is probably occuring after you change something and it is telling you it needs your password to verify your changes.  You'll find a space to enter it (it's the same as your log in password) towards the bottom of that page.  If you still have problems, I can make any changes needed for you.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 01:12:11 am »
How do you change the font size/color of your signature line?

Or can you?

You can change the color by using the color command, but you have to do it manually.  In order for this to display to you, I have inserted an extra space between the brackets.  When you do this, delete the extra spaces.

An example:

[ color=blue ]This is my signature line![ /color ]

becomes...

This is my signature line!

I would prefer people not change the size or font of the signature line only to keep clutter to a minimum.  On some forums, people sign every message with a huge picture and some scrolling dancing huge signature text and it makes things look circus-like.  But feel free to change the color.  The choices are:

Black, red, yellow, pink, green, orange, purple, blue, beige, brown, teal, maroon, navy, and lime green.

Some colors obviously work better than others with the forum template I am using.  I think the best choices are the ones that blend well tastefully.  For me, regular black works.

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 05:26:17 pm »
Hi Phillip,

First, thanks so much for allowing us displaced Tremblayans to have this site as a wonderful home, and being so welcoming and making yourself available to us for questions and the like. This place is fantastic!

I have a question about avatars. I've tried to solve this on my own, but alas, no luck. I have an animated gif avatar, which is originally 100x100, 20.08 kb. When I use it on this site, it, of course, shrinks to 65x65, but it's no longer animated. Do you have any ideas to retain the animation when I use the icon here? Is there a size limit to icons?  Thanks for any help.

Angela
One must talk, talk, talk - it is only by talking that we shall caper upon the summit; otherwise the mountains will overshadow us.

http://users.livejournal.com/_sepia

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 10:02:24 pm »
I have a question about avatars. I've tried to solve this on my own, but alas, no luck. I have an animated gif avatar, which is originally 100x100, 20.08 kb. When I use it on this site, it, of course, shrinks to 65x65, but it's no longer animated. Do you have any ideas to retain the animation when I use the icon here? Is there a size limit to icons?  Thanks for any help.

There is no file size limit that I am aware of, however, re-sized avatars are converted to PNG format which is higher resolution than JPEG.  My guess here is that when the size is reduced to 65x65 by the system, it also converts it to PNG and that may be eliminating the animated quality of the avatar.  If you can use an image editor of some kind to reduce it to 65x65 first and then upload it, the system should leave it alone.  Let me know if this resolves the problem.