Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4636472 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10180 on: August 19, 2009, 04:40:25 am »

and on that note...how long will it be before someone writes a fan fic featuring Jack and Ennis as vikings???

;D

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10181 on: August 19, 2009, 06:40:20 am »
slash slash slash

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #10182 on: August 19, 2009, 10:39:24 am »
(There you go again, Meryl, one of your best ever!!  Snap, girl!!)

Thanks, bud!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #10183 on: August 19, 2009, 11:03:28 am »
Thank you everyone. Such super-cool congratulations, I feel very chipper and glittering and  ready to don my viking helmet and extra-sparkly boots and get out to party.  :-*  :-* :-*

And that fridge, Meryl, what can I say? :Bows low before the HP in abject veneration:

how long will it be before someone writes a fan fic featuring Jack and Ennis as vikings???
I've seen a drabble set in viking times. I guess there isn't a place or time or dimension that hasn't had a J&E visit!  :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #10184 on: August 19, 2009, 11:10:28 am »
And that fridge, Meryl, what can I say? :Bows low before the HP in abject veneration:

Thanks, but it was a just lucky shot.  So nice of them to have a 3000 model!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #10185 on: August 19, 2009, 11:34:43 am »
Hi everyone,

I haven't dropped in for a little while. Chrissi, welcome back from vacation. Let's see, 63 degrees here and sunny. A nice day is in store for us.

I just wanted to bring your attention to a little project I am involved in. Helping to promote a really great book and a good cause: supporting marriage equality here in Maine.

Here's a description:

Joel Harfner and Luke Townsend, lovers for two years, have just bought their first home together in Scarborough, Maine. In a moment of domestic impetuosity, Joel proposes to Luke, who says yes. Then, to Joel’s surprise, Luke says he wants a wedding with “all the bells and whistles.” Joel, who never expected to be married, suddenly finds himself in the midst of planning a full-scale destination event to be held in Provincetown, Massachusetts. Why Massachusetts? As Joel says, "We can't get married in Maine -- yet -- but we are ever hopeful." Taming Groomzilla tells the story of how Joel and Luke navigate the tribulations of the six months from “Will you marry me?” to “I do.” And while they do seal their union, complete with a kiss, there is more than one twist and turn in store to complicate their journey and keep the reader hilariously entertained. A portion of the profits from the sale of this book will be donated to Maine Freedom to Marry and EqualityMaine, organizations that are fighting to keep same-sex marriage legal in Maine.

The book is for sale at All Romance eBooks in a variety of formats (epub, prc, HTML, PDF) that will work on a variety of devices, including a computer (PDF with Acrobat Reader). So, be entertained for a few hours with a very sweet, funny story and at the same time contribute a few dollars to a really good cause. Here's a link: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-taminggroomzilla-80920-145.html. It will also be for sale in the Amazon Kindle store later today, but the prc file from All Romance will also work on a Kindle.

Thanks for your support. Send me a PM if you have any questions. (PS, I am going to be cross-posting this a few other places on the board. Please help me get the word out.)

L

Done!

At 2.91 euros, that's probably the cheapest book I ever bought. I downloaded it to read on my Kindle Mobipocket. Thanks for the recommendation Leslie.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10186 on: August 20, 2009, 09:04:01 am »
36°C (=97°F) here!

:P but also  :D

It's supposed to go up two more degrees today, that would make 38°C (=100°F)!

That's what I call summer! :) The downside is that I have to run errands all day today, and can't go to the public pool.
We have a heat(h) wave for over a week now, so I already had plenty occasion to go swimming. We're keeping all windows and shades closed during the days, and air out at night. When you get into the house from the outside, at first it feels wonderfully cool. But as soon as you try to actually do something, you work up a sweat in a minute, lol.
My youngest has his birthday tomorrow, and I dread baking a cake later :P I'd rather crawl into the fridge, lol :laugh:.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:15:02 pm by Penthesilea »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10187 on: August 20, 2009, 09:32:35 am »
We're keeping all windows and shades closed during the days, and air out at night. When you get into the house from the outside, at first it feels wonderfully cool. But as soon as you try to actually do something, you work up a seat in a minute, lol.

I could never survive without my air conditioner!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10188 on: August 20, 2009, 01:13:08 pm »
I could never survive without my air conditioner!   :laugh:

Did you forget an "h" in the sentence? ;) ;D :-*

Americans and their addiction to air condition ;).
But I have to admit that temps nearing the 40°C mark (respectively hitting the 100°F mark), have me thinking about AC. Not seriously thinking about getting AC (too few extremely hot days in the year, wouldn't be worth it), but thinking that if I had AC, theoretically, I'd turn it on then.

I do have AC in my car though, and gosh, I'm thankful for it. :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10189 on: August 20, 2009, 01:57:39 pm »
Did you forget an "h" in the sentence? ;) ;D :-*

*pats top of my bald head*

why would I need hair conditioner?   :laugh: