Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4606435 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10350 on: October 23, 2009, 02:27:02 pm »

I've been trying to think of why bones and clouds might somehow be linked.  The two things that come to my mind (though it might be different for others) is that in general I think we mostly think of clouds and bones as being similar in color (white).  Although, clouds are not always white in appearance (the could be grey during a storm, or pink during a sunset).... still, the general notion is probably to think of clouds as white.  And, both clouds and bones give structure (either visual structure or physical structure) to things that would otherwise be loose, amophous, unstructured, etc.

And, when it comes to the demonic energy of a mountain... I can think of ways that a mountain (its massiveness, dangerous craggy materials, etc.) could be thought of as threatening.  There are ways that mountains can be beautiful and peaceful, and other ways that they can be dangerous (for instance, getting lost, getting stuck in a storm, feeling tiny in the presence of massive natural structures, etc.).   I think the way a mountain can be perceived may be somewhat tied to personal mood at a given time... so that makes sense for the coming down the mountain mood in BBM.

Ennis's perception of the mountain as hostile all of a sudden (when it once was benevolent) is his internal projection.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #10351 on: October 24, 2009, 04:07:30 am »
another grey and cold day...I am not very fond of this time of the year. Can´t wait for snow to come.
Anybody that have started buying christmas gifts yet?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10352 on: October 24, 2009, 10:37:33 am »
another grey and cold day...I am not very fond of this time of the year. Can´t wait for snow to come.
Anybody that have started buying christmas gifts yet?

Me! Usually, I'm the last moment type and don't start buying gifts before December (and I have lots of people to gift, big family and plenty relatives).
Anyway, Barbie releases a new Barbie movie every year a while before Christmas (of course!). Last year my son wanted one of the Barbies from the movie for Christmas. And I waited, and waited. When I finally got around to buy Christmas presents, this specific doll was sold out - and never got back in stock again. You can't buy it anywhere in Germany (except on ebay, for the triple prize).

This won't happen again this year. The new Barbie movie came last week, and I've already bought the doll he wants to have. *phew*
So yes, I have already bought one Christmas present :).

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10353 on: October 24, 2009, 03:47:17 pm »

Me! Usually, I'm the last moment type and don't start buying gifts before December (and I have lots of people to gift, big family and plenty relatives).
Anyway, Barbie releases a new Barbie movie every year a while before Christmas (of course!). Last year my son wanted one of the Barbies from the movie for Christmas. And I waited, and waited. When I finally got around to buy Christmas presents, this specific doll was sold out - and never got back in stock again. You can't buy it anywhere in Germany (except on ebay, for the triple prize).

This won't happen again this year. The new Barbie movie came last week, and I've already bought the doll he wants to have. *phew*
So yes, I have already bought one Christmas present :).

Sounds like a hard job to shop for kids! I remember being like that myself when I was a kid, it almost felt like a death and life situation that I got exactly what I wanted (and that my sister didn´t get any better gifts than me of course ::))

I asked because I´ve noticed that the stores have started to pile up on christmas decorations and such.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10354 on: October 25, 2009, 05:57:47 am »
Chrissi and Monika, your English is so good!  I often forget it's not your first language.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10355 on: October 26, 2009, 06:08:19 am »
Good morning everyone!   Hope all is well!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10356 on: October 28, 2009, 09:22:55 pm »

Congrats
to
Optom3
On
Reaching
Posts!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10357 on: October 28, 2009, 09:38:44 pm »
Congrats
to
Optom3
On
Reaching
Posts!

4000 posts I am such a blabbermouth. ;D

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #10358 on: October 28, 2009, 10:12:08 pm »
Congrats on 4000 posts, Fiona!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10359 on: October 29, 2009, 03:12:17 am »
congrats Fiona! :)

another rainy autumn day here at home. I´m longing for white, pretty snow!