Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622229 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2050 on: January 04, 2007, 12:55:49 pm »
Yeah,  SouthWest advertises Bradley to Philly for $39.     My Mom (who is afraid to fly) keeps saying she'll take that flight just to see if she can handle a short trip.     I keep telling her that it is $39 + fees each way.   Plus if she wants to go into Philly for lunch, she'll need a taxi (more $) each way.    When she realizes the little lunch trip will cost her over $100 she nearly fainted!    LOL

Of course she thinks you can still take the train to NYC round trip for $20 !   

We do have a rail line that goes right from the airport to Center City that's dirt cheap, compared to a cab. If you're not dragging a lot of heavy luggage with you, it's a pretty good deal.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2051 on: January 04, 2007, 01:28:05 pm »
Yes.  Bradley Int'l Airport, or Hartford/Springfield as often called is the second largest Airport in New England next to Logan.      It is situated about 12 miles North of Hartford.      We don't have any International flights currently, but in July NorthWest Airlines will offer non-stop flights to Amsterdam.

http://www.bradleyairport.com/home/home.php

well if you get any good discounts working for the airport and fancy visiting europe I'm sure there will be plenty euro brokies willing to give you a floor to sleep on!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2052 on: January 04, 2007, 11:29:04 pm »
We don't have any International flights currently, but in July NorthWest Airlines will offer non-stop flights to Amsterdam.

Heya,
I'm here to recommend Amsterdam as a vacation spot if any of you are looking for a European travel destination.  It's one heck of a cool city.  Plus it has an amazing track record when it comes to gay rights (as a nice added bonus).

ps.  David, I used to live in Glastonbury, CT... went to high school there in fact.  I've visited your airport a number of times. :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2053 on: January 05, 2007, 07:07:53 am »
Fridays Top Ten List!

injest  7835
Lucise  5781

Garry_LH  3968
MaineWriter  3940
Front-Ranger  3915
louisev  3238
DavidinHartford  3040

Ellemeno  2962
Pipedream  2484
Fran  2364

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2054 on: January 05, 2007, 07:14:59 am »

I love making connections in Cincinnati  and opt for that whenever I can.

Me too, Leslie, but shhh...don't tell the whole world.  I mean our little BetterMostian gang, of course, but not EVERYone!  :)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2055 on: January 05, 2007, 07:21:18 am »
Me too, Leslie, but shhh...don't tell the whole world.  I mean our little BetterMostian gang, of course, but not EVERYone!  :)

Cincinnati?   Me too!      I usually fly Delta and try to use Cincinnati as my lay-over.    It has a nice modern concourse.  Plus there was a great Cinna-buns concession in the food court!     

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2056 on: January 05, 2007, 07:22:24 am »
Me too, Leslie, but shhh...don't tell the whole world.  I mean our little BetterMostian gang, of course, but not EVERYone!  :)

The first time I ever flew through Cincinnati (I was going to your fair city, Elle, Seattle) my sister had made the travel plans. I was like, huh? what? where?...but it was great. And ever since then, it is my preferred connection airport. It is not too big, not too small, nice shops and restaurants. Whenever I have had travel trouble (due to weather or whatever), the folks there seem to bend over backwards trying to help. In a time where air travel can be less than pleasant, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport is a bright spot.

And no, I don't work for Delta. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2057 on: January 05, 2007, 07:24:18 am »
Friday morning, 38 degrees. It is supposed to get up to 50 today!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2058 on: January 05, 2007, 07:24:53 am »
Cincinnati?   Me too!      I usually fly Delta and try to use Cincinnati as my lay-over.    It has a nice modern concourse.  Plus there was a great Cinna-buns concession in the food court!     

My whole family has a warm spot for the Cincinnati airport, because when we called my mother and sister on their cell phones to tell them our daughter was born, they were in the Cincinnati airport, and dropped everything to cry happy tears and yell, "Hooray!"  :)  

Daughter and I just went through there a couple of weeks ago, and reminisced about that best day. :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2059 on: January 05, 2007, 07:27:50 am »
Ah, sweet Elle...

But aren't you up very late at night (or early in the morning)? You need your beauty sleep, sweetie!

L