Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4612260 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2120 on: January 07, 2007, 10:58:45 pm »
It seems like everyone at work has a backpack or bag they carry their lunch to work in.     I have been bringing a small lunch cooler to work, but wanted something "cooler" and Airport appropriate.    So I went to the Worlds marketplace.   Ebay!

Here is my new lunch bag!    An original 1960-1970s Vintage TWA bag!    :)

David,

That bag is adorable. I remember when travel agents handed them out for free when you booked a trip. Ah, the good old days...

LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2121 on: January 07, 2007, 11:28:16 pm »
I can't wait to see what kind of reaction I get when I walk around the Airport with that TWA bag.   LOL.

Sometimes if the passengers don't realize my Security lane is open,  I'll hollar over "This lane is open and serving Pan Am, TWA, Eastern and Allegheny Airlines!  Step on up".    Some people will start walking over, hear my announcement and pause"   LOL.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #2122 on: January 08, 2007, 04:23:46 am »

Lordy,
 Lordy,

look who has 1000 posts!

COFFEECAT/LESLIE
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 01:11:41 am by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David

« Reply #2123 on: January 08, 2007, 07:07:47 am »
Mondays Top Ten List!

injest  8036
Lucise  5801
Garry_LH  4085
MaineWriter  4079

Front-Ranger  3925
louisev  3301
DavidinHartford  3063

Ellemeno  2983
Pipedream  2490
Fran  2357

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2124 on: January 08, 2007, 07:30:39 am »
David (in Indiana) has just reached the 2 000 post world - though it was notin cause David's sure ta replace somebody in the top 10 pretty soon!

Congratulations David on yer capacity ta talk-a-lot (HaHaHa) - Oops I should be careful, I'll be there maself soon 'nough

And Coffeecat's done reached the 1 000 post level too? And Wulfe as well!! - Well we're sure gettin ta be quite a sizeable group in here now!

Welcome Y'all  ;)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2125 on: January 08, 2007, 07:43:15 am »
I can't wait to see what kind of reaction I get when I walk around the Airport with that TWA bag.   LOL.

Sometimes if the passengers don't realize my Security lane is open,  I'll hollar over "This lane is open and serving Pan Am, TWA, Eastern and Allegheny Airlines!  Step on up".    Some people will start walking over, hear my announcement and pause"   LOL.

David, you crack me up.

When do we get a picture of YOU in your uniform? Hmmm?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #2126 on: January 08, 2007, 07:43:44 am »
You Bet Sheriff!

We now have over 40 Brokies over the 1000 post level !    Welcome to the next level David!      And a big hug (& secret handshake) to Coffeecat for hitting the big "one-oh-oh-oh"

Now who's gonna try and catch injest?  

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2127 on: January 08, 2007, 07:45:13 am »
Monday morning, rainy and dreary. Somewhere in Maine they are supposed to get snow, but it is just rain here today.

Garry has joined in the world of 4000 posts aquamarine. Welcome Garry. And Jess with 8000 posts? Wooo wee!

Congrats to David and the other Leslie, Coffeecat.

L

Offline David

« Reply #2128 on: January 08, 2007, 08:01:05 am »
David, you crack me up.

When do we get a picture of YOU in your uniform? Hmmm?

L

Hmmm,  good question.   My Mom did snap a pic of me in uniform one day after work whenI was visiting her for dinner.   But she is still using a 35 mm camera, so who knows when she'll finish that roll and get the pics developed.     But I will guarrantee you it will be terrible.    I just don't photograph well.     I like my avitar pic because ya can't see too much of me!     LOL.

It is difficult to find pics of TSA people.   That is because taking pictures at Security checkpoints is prohibited.    I got that pic off of the www.TSA.Gov website which is a public site, so all information and photos have been approved for circulation. 

Last week a family came thru my checkpoint and the Mom and one daughter set off the metal detector because they had a ton of bracelets on.   As Mom was being "wanded" one of the other daughters snapped a pic laughing histerically.    See didn't get any of the TSA equipment in the pic, so I didn't say anything.   My supervisor saw it too and he didn't either.     There was no security breach, so why go over and make a scene?

Here are some other pics from the website.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2129 on: January 08, 2007, 08:13:58 am »
But I will guarrantee you it will be terrible.    I just don't photograph well.     I like my avitar pic because ya can't see too much of me!     LOL.

Are there any people, besides models and movie stars, who think they photograph well? Actually, Heath Ledger would probably tell you that he doesn't photograph well, and truth be told, 90% of the time, it is true!

Leslie