Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622156 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2130 on: January 08, 2007, 08:21:34 am »
Are there any people, besides models and movie stars, who think they photograph well? Actually, Heath Ledger would probably tell you that he doesn't photograph well, and truth be told, 90% of the time, it is true!

Leslie

He doesn't dress well!   there is a difference!   he he he!

Well, ok, he needs a hairbrush sometimes too.     

Good looking people look good in pretty much anything they wear.    Jake could wear rags and still be drop dead handsome.

Look at the ads for clothes.  Don't we all flip through the catalogs Ooo-ing and Ah-ing at the great clothes, then when we picture ourselves wearing them, we close the book and walk away?   I see really really handsome guys at the airport all the time.  I see what they are wearing.   Most of the time I think: "yeah, it works for them, but I couldn't wear that!"   LOL

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2131 on: January 08, 2007, 08:32:26 am »
So I checked...it is 40 degrees and pouring rain. My body wanted to stay in bed and now I know why! But, alas, it is Monday and I need to head out the door. We are completely out of milk! Argh. How am I supposed to eat my morning bowl of cheerios?

Let's hope this is not a harbinger of the week ahead.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2132 on: January 08, 2007, 10:04:57 am »
Are there any people, besides models and movie stars, who think they photograph well?

Well, uh, actually, yes, I think I do. Not model material, to be sure, but, yeah, for an ordinary guy of 48, I do think I photograph well.  :-\

David, get after your mother to get us that pic. There's an open slot for it over on Anything Goes under Men in Uniform. ...  ;D

As for your buddy's spread in Colorado, of course I've got the Hooterville Cannonball in HO scale--multiple copies actually. In the mid-1960s, Tyco/Mantua had the license to put out a set to tie in to "Petticoat Junction." A set from the first year the train set was issued just sold for USD $450 on eBay.  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2133 on: January 08, 2007, 11:08:57 am »
Weather report from Wyoming. Somehow we managed to bring the snow with us from Denver!! It was 5 degrees for our expedition to the top of Brokenback yesterday and today, near Lightning Flat, it is about 15 degrees and snowing.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2134 on: January 08, 2007, 11:11:29 am »
Well, uh, actually, yes, I think I do. Not model material, to be sure, but, yeah, for an ordinary guy of 48, I do think I photograph well.  :-\

Well, good looks and photogenicness (photogenicity?) don't always go hand-in-hand -- except in Jeff's case, of course!  :)  Some people just photograph well -- often looking better than they do in real life -- and others don't. It's mysterious.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2135 on: January 08, 2007, 11:52:22 am »
Some people just photograph well -- often looking better than they do in real life.

That would be me!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2136 on: January 08, 2007, 11:54:59 am »
Weather report from Wyoming. Somehow we managed to bring the snow with us from Denver!! It was 5 degrees for our expedition to the top of Brokenback yesterday and today, near Lightning Flat, it is about 15 degrees and snowing.

FRiend Lee, you are either extremely devoted, or just plain nuts.  ;)

Keep your hat and gloves on, Little Darlin'! Don't want you gettin' no frostbite!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2137 on: January 08, 2007, 08:57:25 pm »

Pres Bush wants us to spend Billions on Mars exploration?    How about we spend that money on Heathcare for our Senior citizens?    Mars will still be there long after we have gone extinct.

Agree with the rant except for this.  In a few decades or so, a large meteorite might hit the earth.  If we don't have enough space technology developed to do something about it, not having a middle class will be the least of our worries.   :-\         

Makes you want to move to Wyoming doesn't it?

What?  And spend all that money on heating bills?  :-*

Offline David

« Reply #2138 on: January 08, 2007, 09:32:08 pm »

What?  And spend all that money on heating bills?  :-*

UGH!   Don't remind me!     I live in a small house.  Just under 1000 square feet in size.

I pay for my heating oil on one of those budget plans.   A fixed price each month, year round.     In 1998 when I bought the house, I was charged $95 a month.   That was $1140 a year.

Last year it was $216 a month.  $2592 for the year.

This year it is $258 a month.  $3096 for the year.

Has the barrel price of crude oil tripled in the past 8 years?    >:(

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2139 on: January 08, 2007, 10:12:15 pm »
Argh, David.

My house is about 1200 sq ft.  Also small, in the scheme of things.

It is hard for me to quote heating prices because we have a combination of gas (propane, for stove, log, and grill) and oil (for furnace). We keep our thermostat for the oil heater turned way low...like 60 degrees? I remember growing up when my parents had it cranked up to 72 degrees...but then, oil cost 26 cents a gallon.

We stay warm, but blankets are part of the heating strategy. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!