Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4611344 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2160 on: January 10, 2007, 09:32:27 am »
Congratulations on full time, David. That's a good thing. The shift thing...well, that'll work out, one way or another.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2161 on: January 10, 2007, 10:18:39 am »
Wednesday morning...21 degrees today...chilly! Not sure what is happening outside as it is still DARK.

One of the major activities of my small business is to do editing. Usually this is for journal articles, grants, etc...technical writing for health care. Yesterday, I got a phone call from a man who wanted me to edit a screenplay. He told me he drives and oil delivery truck and writes screenplays for a hobby. Oookaaay...he dropped if off and I am working my way through it. I'll keep ya'll posted but I think I can safely say (after about 50 pages) this is not another BBM. LOL.

L

Make sure you charge 'im good, Honey!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2162 on: January 10, 2007, 12:05:09 pm »
Yesterday, I got a phone call from a man who wanted me to edit a screenplay. He told me he drives and oil delivery truck and writes screenplays for a hobby

Why am I seeing a story about two guys who deliver oil together one winter back in 1963?    One day  a big blizzard the truck gets stuck in the snow up on the road to Brokeback mountain.     Mack reaches over to Dennis and grabs his oil soaked hand.  "C'mere s'alright.  We need to keep warm buddy."   And there in the cab to the truck, instinct took over.   Dennis knew the rest of the winter would never be the same again.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2163 on: January 10, 2007, 01:15:38 pm »
Mornin all!  :)

Haven't stopped by here for quite a while!

Weather-wise .. the snow is coming down like crazy, the roads are treacherous .. It is supposed to be like -14C (with windchill -24C) .. but it doesn't feel so cold outside .. yet.

David - I was thinking about fanfics on the way home from work last day and my mind wandered to Louise's Nick and Jeremy..and then I remembered that you mentioned you also 'had' a Nick where you work, who was also 22.. he still distracting you, David?  :P

I miss the warm sunny days I spent in Cali.  My sister is trying to get me to move there but I claim that I love Canada too much, now the winter is making me reconsider ..  ;D

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2164 on: January 10, 2007, 01:32:32 pm »
This is for you, Milli: 

Offline David

« Reply #2165 on: January 10, 2007, 01:44:17 pm »
David - I was thinking about fanfics on the way home from work last day and my mind wandered to Louise's Nick and Jeremy..and then I remembered that you mentioned you also 'had' a Nick where you work, who was also 22.. he still distracting you, David?  :P

Hiya M !

Yes.  <deep heavy sigh>    He is still dreamy and distracting.    I've been disappointed that we have been separated at work lately.   Usually we work the same checkpoints.   But sometimes they move us around to cover gaps.    Sometimes I can plea to be moved back, but I have to be careful not to make it too obvious why.    Even to the point of asking if Nick and I can take our breaks at the same time.  LOL.

He was also approved to switch to full time.   He is number 31 on the list.    He is very upset about having to go to the morning shift.    I am of course hoping that he ends up on my team again.   But who knows where we will end up.   In all reality it seems doubtful we will end up working together.    As we were leaving work together Sunday we were discussing the 4:30-12:00 noon schedule.    He was commenting how at least he'd be home in time for the Super Bowl!  LOL.   He is so straight some times.     

Seems kinda silly to have an infatuation doesn't it?   <blush>    Yup.  It is a one sided guilty pleasure at best.    I'm sure he has had plenty of suspicions about me already.  He is very observant.     But I'm sure he has shrugged it off seeing that I am just this nice older guy who everyone likes.     :-\ 

Offline David

« Reply #2166 on: January 10, 2007, 02:02:31 pm »
I took my mom to the Airport yesterday.    She is 71 yrs old and is afraid to fly.   She hasn't flown since 1957.   Although last year she flew in a small pipercub plane on a scenic flight around Cape Cod Massachusetts with her sister.    I told her that was probably scarier than a flight on a big jet!    LOL.

So anyways,  she has friends in Florida (I think that is mandatory if you're old right?)   and never goes down to see them due to her fear of flying.     I figured if she got a full tour of the Airport she might feel more comfortable about a trip.     I tried to get her a gate pass so she could go down to the planes, but the airlines won't do that anymore.  not unless you are meeting a child or senior who needs assistance.    I explained why I was asking, but the clerk told me that it was a TSA created rule and that I should know better than to ask.     Hmmpf!

So we went anyways.   Of course as soon as we got into the Terminal every TSA person we bumped into recognized me and was curious why I was there in civilian clothes.   "Taking a trip?" they'd ask.       We did stop and chat with many of the TSA crew so she could observe the process.      The Airport was very quiet when we were there.  No crowds at all.    Of course Mom thought it was huge and crowded!      "Look at all these brave people" she kept saying!   LOL.      She was concerned that you have to put your purse / handbag in those gray divesting bins and be separated from it while it is being Xrayed.   "What if it gets stolen?" she said.    I reminded her that there are Federal Officers at each lane watching the people and their property. 

All in all she was fairly impressed.   She said she'd consider a short flight to see how she does.     As she said this her hands broke into a sweat!   LOL.    We'll see.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2167 on: January 10, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »
This is for you, Milli: 

OMG ..Mama Cass!! :D :D

Thanks for that Paul!!!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2168 on: January 10, 2007, 02:09:26 pm »
     Seems kinda silly to have an infatuation doesn't it?   <blush>    Yup.  It is a one sided guilty pleasure at best.    I'm sure he has had plenty of suspicions about me already.  He is very observant.     But I'm sure he has shrugged it off seeing that I am just this nice older guy who everyone likes.     :-\ 

And we all luv ya here too David!  :-*

Great adventure with your Mom!!
I have a sister who is terrified, no, petrified of flying too!  She says she'd rather travel by ship .. (yeah, that is really much safer ..lol)..She says she won't step on a plane unless she is completely wasted or as close to unconscious as possible .. I just can't seem to convince her that she won't be admitted on a flight if she is staggering and burping at everyone .. lol.. Anyway, we all have our phobias.  I am bad with heights .. that is why I have never been on a rollercoaster ride in my life .. :) .. I am planing to do one soon though .. :-\..so we'll see... lol

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2169 on: January 10, 2007, 02:21:08 pm »
OMG ..Mama Cass!! :D :D

Thanks for that Paul!!!

Milli,

Mama Cass rules.  Think of all the music she would have made had she lived...
With John gone, there's only the Mama and the Papa now.  :'(