Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4623086 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2490 on: February 03, 2007, 02:44:51 pm »
I've been fighting a migraine all night and morning, so no full 1000+ post list yet.   Maybe later when I can look at the screen longer.

I hope you feel better soon.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2491 on: February 03, 2007, 04:03:42 pm »
david, for you

{{{{{david from leslie}}}}}

feel better

L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2492 on: February 03, 2007, 04:35:33 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear you have a migraine today David. Hugs to you buddy! [[[[David]]]]

Take care of yourself, okay?

Hey Folkes,

In this thread there was a post about the climate change and the global warming. Well, I'm not sure if you guys heard about it in the news but France and Spain joined last night in a initiative against the Global warming which consisted in turning the power off for five minutes. Lights, computers, and other equipment. The Government turned the lights off monuments, some streets and buildings. We were able to reduce the power demand to 2,5% in those five minutes.

I was wondering why don't you do the same in the US? It could send an important message to US authorities. If any of you belong to environmental organization, why don't you propose it? It was major success here and they plan to repeat it soon.

I heard about this! I think it's a WONDERFUL idea!  I wish we would do this here in the US as well. For some reason though, I can't really see this country doing something like this.... not in the near future anyway. And why? I'll give it to you in three words; United States Government. For some reason, our government doesn't seem to be taking this Global Warming issue seriously. A law requiring the entire country to cut back on power would need to go through Congress and then voted on and passed. If you haven't heard, we have a lot of "dead ass" in Congress and they don't seem to want to do much of anything these days, except to pat each other on the back and give each other pay raises.

It could happen on the city level (or even state level) though. Some cities in the US are more concerned about Global Warming than others.

I am happy to see more Americans doing their part. Americans are beginning to trade their large cars for smaller ones, purchase enviroment friendly light bulbs, sprays and containers. More and more Americans are recycling paper and plastics rather than just throw them away in the trash.

The American people are quite concerned about Global Warming. Unfortunately our government is not... at least not serious enough to make a difference. I applaud France and Spain in their efforts though. Hopefully some day soon, we will see things like this in our country too!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2493 on: February 03, 2007, 06:06:13 pm »
Thanks Meryl!

But who did I bump off the list? I never intended to bump somebody off the list! God, now I feel bad.  :(

Welcome David!  It's okay, it happens.  For some reason, I have been number 7 or 8 for most of my time here.  People pass me going up above me on the list, and people pass me coming down off the top ten list, but I seem to remain 7 or 8.  I reckon you may rise above me someday soon.  :)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2494 on: February 03, 2007, 08:21:13 pm »
Hope you feel better, David. A migraine is a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation. I know. I get 'em.

If you don't have a prescription medication to take for it, and you aren't nauseated, try a decongestant and something with caffeine in it, along with a painkiller. And just forget about anything you had planned to do today!

Thanks Jeff  & All!

It was weird.  I felt a headache coming on as I was going to bed Friday night.  So I took two 500 mg of Acetomenaphen.   Then I woke up at 3 AM with a full blown Migraine.  So I took two "Tylenol Migraine" which is 235 mg of Acetomenaphen plus Aspirin and Caffeine.     That didn't work too well either.   Tossed and turned and was nauseated all night too.    Crawled out of bed at 6 am and made a pot of coffee.   I took two more 500 mg of Acetaminophen pills at 9 am and finally was able to get ready for work.     Fortunately I didn't have to go in until 1:30 pm.       I was indeed worried that I was not going to be able to beat it and have to call in sick.

I probably only get two really bad migraines a year.   The kind where you need to be in a dark room because light hurts and you puke because you are so nauseated.   You just curl up in a ball and want to pull your hair out because your head hurts so bad.

I know there is stronger perscription meds out there, but I don't get them often enough to know what will work for me.  I just know that when you get them, they suck.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2495 on: February 03, 2007, 09:20:21 pm »
Poor David!  That sounds like pure hell.  So you did get to work after all?  You're a trooper!  ((((David))))
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

« Reply #2496 on: February 04, 2007, 07:12:37 am »
It's Sunday and time for an overdue full 1000+ list!

injest                9,279   
  Lucise               6,089   
  Garry_LH            4,786   
  MaineWriter        4,611   
  Front-Ranger       4,322   

louisev                3,460   
  Ellemeno             3,265   
  DavidinHartford     3,225   

David925             2,607   
  Fran                   2,593   
  Pipedream          2,532   
  latjoreme            2,415   
  ednbarby            2,408   
  Jeff Wrangler       2,230   
  Toast                 2,081   

Sheriff Roland      1,955   
  Meryl                  1,857   
  YaadPyar            1,728   
  Phillip                 1,697   
  Lynne                 1,663   
  Memento            1,650   
  wdj                    1,602   
  Bigheart              1,491   
  jpwagoneer1964    1,418   
  southendmd        1,378   
  moremojo          1,377   
  atz75               1,335   
  Daniel              1,305   
  Katie77            1,297   
  Arad-3             1,292   
  twistedude       1,279   
  delalluvia            1,229   
  littleguitar           1,218   
  opinionista            1,161   
  wyomen               1,156   
  shakestheground     1,150   
  DeeDee                 1,148   
  dot-matrix             1,139   
  starboardlight       1,117   
  coffeecat33       1,114   
  wulfar360          1,111   
  mvansand76       1,080   
  Mikaela               1,074   
  kelda_shelton       1,046   
  cmr107               1,046   
  Ray                     1,040   
  RouxB                 1,015   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:15:15 am by MaineWriter »

Offline David

« Reply #2497 on: February 04, 2007, 07:36:50 am »
Hey Jeff,

You ever go over and take a look at the SS United States?    She is tied up at the pier over on Delaware Ave. (Columbus Blvd.) and Snyder Ave.       

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2498 on: February 04, 2007, 08:43:17 am »
Morning all,

Maine checking in. 6 degrees and sunny. With the snow from Friday, it looks like a winter wonderland out there.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2499 on: February 04, 2007, 10:35:17 am »
I probably only get two really bad migraines a year.   The kind where you need to be in a dark room because light hurts and you puke because you are so nauseated.   You just curl up in a ball and want to pull your hair out because your head hurts so bad.

I know there is stronger perscription meds out there, but I don't get them often enough to know what will work for me.  I just know that when you get them, they suck.

Yeah, me too. I've never asked about prescription medication because (thankfully) I only get stomped by one or two of these buggers a year, and they're so unpredictable, and there doesn't seem any point to asking about prescription med.

The S.S. United States has been rotting down there in South Philly for about ten years now, maybe a year or two less. Seems like ten years, though.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.