Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622097 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2600 on: February 12, 2007, 11:13:46 pm »
It was inevitable that I'd receive one of these Valentines cards!   LOL

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2601 on: February 13, 2007, 12:00:03 am »
It was inevitable that I'd receive one of these Valentines cards!   LOL

That's the one I told you about last week, David. Thought of you the moment I saw it in the drug store.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2602 on: February 13, 2007, 07:25:31 am »
According to the paper, we have bone chilling cold today (right now it is -6.5 deg F) and then snow tomorrow...12-15". I'll be in Salt Lake City. I don't know what the weather is out there, I suppose I should go check!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2603 on: February 13, 2007, 08:09:37 am »
It's cold out here too, and snow is predicted, altho hopefully not another blizzard!!

I'll wave as you go over!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:13:54 am by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2604 on: February 13, 2007, 08:13:56 am »
David must be off having fun with Cupid or something, so I'll give him a hand this morning!

Tuesday's Top Ten List

injest  9521
Lucise  6159
Garry_LH  4999
MaineWriter  4693
Front-Ranger  4442

louisev  3331
DavidinHartford  3195

Ellemeno  2953
David925  2731
Fran  2672

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2605 on: February 13, 2007, 08:23:09 am »
David must be off having fun with Cupid or something, so I'll give him a hand this morning!

Oh, I hope so! Do you think?? Cruel fate, to put Valentine's in the middle of the week! If we can fiddle around with Presidents' birthdays, why can't we put Love Day in the right place??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David

« Reply #2606 on: February 13, 2007, 08:51:33 am »
Cupid?  Ha ha ha!   no such luck!    I was busy writing a rather long email.      I am up!     Today is my Sunday so I did sleep in a little longer than usual.   I do need to go get gas for the car and hit the bank today.   It is supposed to start snowing later.   They are still not sure how much we'll get.  I've heard from 6 to 10 inches.

And we all know how 6-10 inches will be a pain in the ass.     :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2607 on: February 13, 2007, 09:31:35 am »
And we all know how 6-10 inches will be a pain in the ass.     :laugh:

Yeah, anything over six inches is just wasted anyway. ...

Snowing to beat the band here right now, but when all is said and done it's not supposed to amount to much here in the city.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

Mile High Club
« Reply #2608 on: February 13, 2007, 01:11:12 pm »
Qantas suspends attendant over celebrity 'mile-high club' dispute

Qantas suspended one of its flight attendants without pay after she was accused of joining the "mile high club" with actor Ralph Fiennes. The Daily Mail of London writes that "other crew members" on the Jan. 24 flight from Darwin, Australia, to Mumbai claim the attendant in question "had a seven-mile-high fling in business class with The English Patient star. But she insists he followed her into the small cubicle where, with the door locked, she repelled his advances." Two crew members claim they saw the accused attendant talking to Fiennes and "waited outside and caught the pair leaving. They reported the incident to a senior crew member," the Daily Mail writes.

The attendant, however, explained her side of the story to Qantas management in a statement –- which was then leaked to a Sydney newspaper. In the statement, the attendant says: "While conversing with Mr. Fiennes during my break, I expressed a need to go to the toilet. I entered it, he followed me and entered the same toilet. I explained to him that this was inappropriate and asked him to leave. Mr. Fiennes became amorous towards me and, after a short period of time, I convinced him to leave the toilet. I left a short time later. At no time did any crew member come to my assistance. At no time were any other customers aware of this incident. At no time did I put the Qantas name or reputation in jeopardy." Fiennes could not be reached for comment by the Daily Mail.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2609 on: February 13, 2007, 01:31:14 pm »
Well, my trip got cancelled so I am staying put here in Maine. I guess I get to enjoy the blizzard after all!

L