Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622060 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2740 on: February 26, 2007, 11:12:17 am »

;D CONGRATULATIONS, DAVID!  ;D

3000 POSTS!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2741 on: February 26, 2007, 11:14:17 am »
Congratulations to everyone I haven't already said congratulations to!! :D

God, I feel like I'm at a wedding... :P
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2742 on: February 26, 2007, 11:48:02 am »
CHEERS!      

A toast to all you chatty Brokies!    Keep on typing!     :D

Offline David

« Reply #2743 on: February 26, 2007, 05:58:25 pm »
OK Brokies.    Today being a snow day, I decided to run over to BlockBuster Video and get a couple a movies.

Several people at work (The Airport) recommended the Tom Hanks movie: The Terminal.      Gee, I can't imagine why?   LOL.

Well, it was good.     Sort of a Frank Capra style film where the little guy beats the system.   Plenty of cheers and a few tears.   

Next up is the Robin Williams movie: Man of the Year.   I'll watch that tonight.

Anybody else seen The Terminal?     

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2744 on: February 26, 2007, 06:01:09 pm »

Yes I have.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2745 on: February 26, 2007, 06:08:00 pm »

I saw it in the movie theater, a few years ago, on my birthday. I enjoyed it.

If you have the DVD, watch the special feature on how they built the set of the terminal for the movie. It is quite amazing. All the stores that are there (Starbucks, McDonald's...I can't remember) are actually real stores that opened in the fake (movie set) terminal. The extras in the movie (and there were many) were able to buy food from the various restaurants, as well as clothes, books, etc., from the stores.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2746 on: February 26, 2007, 06:15:11 pm »

Yes, I have. It's a while ago and I saw it only once. But it was a lovely movie I liked it. Good idea to watch it again soon.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2747 on: February 26, 2007, 07:00:34 pm »
Returning long after the talk has moved on, but I have to say:

I love this movie! (The one that made us all come here in the first place, that is. I must admit I haven't seen "the Terminal". )

It was a strange experience watching BBM again after so many months. It didn't have the immediate, punch-to-the-face raw impact that once it had, I know it too well by now.... in a way it was like welcoming back old and dearly beloved friends. But also, it was revisiting and revitalising the emotions, marvelling at the truth of the acting, and at the film itself - how uncluttered it is. How noticable it is that everything unimportant has been removed, so that everything that remains makes an impression, tells the story, and is there for a reason.... All of that seemed more noticable now after some time away, like I'd become too accustomed to the total and therefore too focused on details. Now I just let the big picture sweep over me again. Plus, the sheer beauty and tragedy combined still do take my breath away.

The scenes at Jack's parents surely must be some of the most devastating in movie history.

I'm glad I'd sworn to spend Oscar night watching BBM. At least the Oscars were good for something.  :)

My bout of gushing thus out of the way, I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! to Jess, Leslie, Clarissa and David for reaching their respective and impressive post number milestones.  :) 8)

(I'm inching towards the 1,111 mark, and weird as that probably sounds, that will be nice. I had never dreamed I'd post so much here at BM.)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 07:03:16 pm by Mikaela »

Offline David

« Reply #2748 on: February 26, 2007, 07:10:47 pm »
I saw it in the movie theater, a few years ago, on my birthday. I enjoyed it.

If you have the DVD, watch the special feature on how they built the set of the terminal for the movie. It is quite amazing. All the stores that are there (Starbucks, McDonald's...I can't remember) are actually real stores that opened in the fake (movie set) terminal. The extras in the movie (and there were many) were able to buy food from the various restaurants, as well as clothes, books, etc., from the stores.

L

DAMMIT   The BlockBuster rental DVD doesn't have any extras on it.   :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2749 on: February 26, 2007, 07:31:17 pm »

(I'm inching towards the 1,111 mark, and weird as that probably sounds, that will be nice. I had never dreamed I'd post so much here at BM.)

I can understand why that would be a milestone!  :D

It looks like you are only 6 posts away from it too! Maybe you can reach it tonight before you  log off.

Hint: You can make your post counts go up very quickly by taking some of those personality quizzes over in the Polling Place forum!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.