Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4612559 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3290 on: April 12, 2007, 08:34:06 am »
And don't forget, no knives. So make sure to dig your Swiss Army knife out of the bottom of your purse. I have seen way too many of those confiscated, including a very nice one that my brother-in-law used to own.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3291 on: April 12, 2007, 08:36:41 am »
And a lot of those Wine cork screw openers have a small knife on them.  We get alot of those at the airport too.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3292 on: April 12, 2007, 08:38:50 am »
But you CAN take along a pair of scissors as long as the blades are not longer than 4 inches measured from the pivot fulcrum.  Go figure.    :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3293 on: April 12, 2007, 08:54:32 am »
But you CAN take along a pair of scissors as long as the blades are not longer than 4 inches measured from the pivot fulcrum.  Go figure.    :-\

Really! You could put somebody's eye out with one of those. And I suppose if you got those sharp little cuticle scissors points at just the right spot--like at the jugular--you could kill somebody.

Lots of helpful information at tsa.gov, but it's still good to have the thoughts of someone "in the trenches." Thanks, David!

I need to double check. There must be something there about lipsticks, and I can't be without my Chapstick!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3294 on: April 12, 2007, 01:30:02 pm »
1:28 pm, EDT, Portland, Maine

It is snowing. Seriously....snowing.

Ack!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3295 on: April 12, 2007, 02:20:24 pm »
1:28 pm, EDT, Portland, Maine

It is snowing. Seriously....snowing.

Ack!

L

Can you send some of it--correction, a lot of it--down here Sunday night? I don't want to have to show up for jury duty Monday morning.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3296 on: April 12, 2007, 03:03:17 pm »
It's seriously snowing here as well. Jeff, how can it not be snowing there, you are between us!!?

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3297 on: April 12, 2007, 03:08:02 pm »
Actually our serious snow has turned into sleet or something very nasty looking out there....

L

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3298 on: April 12, 2007, 04:12:18 pm »
It's seriously snowing here as well. Jeff, how can it not be snowing there, you are between us!!?

Two separate storms. We're in the warm sector of the storm that's being nasty to New England right now. "Your" storm hasn't gotten here yet. Last I heard it's supposed to get here, like, Sunday evening, but all Philadelphia is supposed to get is rain.  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3299 on: April 12, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »
Two separate storms. We're in the warm sector of the storm that's being nasty to New England right now. "Your" storm hasn't gotten here yet. Last I heard it's supposed to get here, like, Sunday evening, but all Philadelphia is supposed to get is rain.  :P

It's just raining here in Indianapolis now. It's 36 F (2 C) and raining. It's just a cold drizzle. Absolutely appalling weather. What happened to Spring? Last week it was 80 degrees here!  >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.