Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4609895 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3340 on: April 14, 2007, 08:55:30 am »
Well she IS gonna participate in tamarrow's "BETTERMOST SUNRISE PROJECT"

Got yer camera battery all charged up fer tamarow?

And yer alarm clock set fer 6 am? (or whatever it is in yer part a the world)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Scott6373

« Reply #3341 on: April 14, 2007, 08:56:36 am »
Well she IS gonna participate in tamarrow's "BETTERMOST SUNRISE PROJECT"

Got yer camera battery all charged up fer tamarow?

And yer alarm clock set fer 6 am? (or whatever it is in yer part a the world)

My part ain't so far from your part...6am huh?  and naked?  Do you think the Hispanic family avross the street will mind?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3342 on: April 14, 2007, 09:01:39 am »
My part ain't so far from your part...6am huh?  and naked?  Do you think the Hispanic family across the street will mind?

They might not even understand yer English! OK that wasn't really funny - sorry!

Clothin is optional - nekked is fine, but not mandatory. If ya expect em ta call the cops on ya, or if'n yer a freezin yer extremities, or if'n yer like me, ya'll bundle up before goin out. It's the sunrise pic (and the participation) that really matters!
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3343 on: April 14, 2007, 09:05:43 am »
Let's just declare it Lynne Weekend...I tink that's sound great!

I guess Scott got that right. Reaching 2000 and birthday - that's Lynne weekend for sure.

Congratulations Lynne!

Weather report Germany:

Summer gives an early guest performance here  :D. Today we hit the 30 degrees mark. Yup, it's actually 30°C (86°F) in my yard  :).

So some of you late snow suffering folks (*waves to Leslie*) may envy me. But don't envy me too much. I gotta work for the kindergarten all weekend. We have your big, bi-annual flea-market this weekend and I'll be locked inside the gym most of the time  :P.

I don't think I'll participate in the sunrise project. From Monday on my alarm clock will ring at 6am again (after two wonderful weeks of school holidays), so tomorrow is my last chance to sleep in a little bit. But who knows? Maybe I'll jump out for a quick shot and then go back to bed  ;D.

Offline David

« Reply #3344 on: April 14, 2007, 09:09:37 am »
The weather forecast tomorrow is for rain and snow,  so I doubt there will be any visable sunrise.   :(

As for the naked part....been there, done that.

Just take my advice,  if you step out in the night wearing your birthday suit, be sure to turn off the motion activated flood lights!    ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3345 on: April 14, 2007, 09:11:39 am »
Leslie waves back!

This is what the paper says is in store for us on Sunday and Monday: "a mix of snow, sleet, heavy rain, hurricane-force wind and flooding."

Nice, huh?

The precipitation is not supposed to start til noon, though, so I might be able to take a sunrise picture.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

injest

« Reply #3346 on: April 14, 2007, 09:25:19 am »
hey ya'll rain sleet snow ..sun...doesn't matter...just looking for the flavor ( a snapshot of what your day looks like!)

it would be a bit boring if they are ALL the same ....I think it will be cool to see how the same sun and the same sky looks so different just an hour or so away!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3347 on: April 14, 2007, 09:33:14 am »
hey ya'll rain sleet snow ..sun...doesn't matter...just looking for the flavor ( a snapshot of what your day looks like!)

it would be a bit boring if they are ALL the same ....I think it will be cool to see how the same sun and the same sky looks so different just an hour or so away!

*Jess is secretly hopin that the only sun - actual SUNrise is gonna be hap'nin in Texas - so she can brag!*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3348 on: April 14, 2007, 10:06:14 am »
Way to go, Lynne! What perfect timing--2K posts just as your birthday draws near!! A solemn YEE-HAW! goes out to you!!

Tomorrow I'm planning to wear a coat and fling it off just for the picture taking! That counts doesn't it? I need a coat so's I'll have a pocket to put my camera in, don't you know.

Another thing, I live in the mountains and the sun doesn't crest until nearly seven! So I can sleep in a bit!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3349 on: April 14, 2007, 10:23:50 am »

OH!!  You want to see what MY DAY looks like at sunrise tomorrow?  You're right, that probably WON'T be affected by whether there's sun or sleet.  I'll set a timer on my camera so it can catch me snoring...  :)