Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4614667 times)

moremojo

Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4470 on: August 13, 2007, 02:24:01 am »
I thought of several, but my brain seemed to settle on the I Love Lucy episode where they are finally coming home from Europe on the plane, and Lucy pretends that the huge cheese she wants to bring home is really a baby.  Anyone remember that?
I do remember Lucy and gang visiting Europe (who could forget the Paris fashion designers copying Lucy's sartorial faux pas! :laugh:), but I don't remember the cheeses-on-a-plane( ::)) episode...though I'm sure I'd love it. Lucille Ball was the greatest!

moremojo

« Reply #4471 on: August 13, 2007, 02:26:59 am »
Here's a fun thing.  An animated character speaks text you type in.  Try Rich (US) and have him say "Brokeback got me good."  Sounds a little like Ennis.  ;D

http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/frameset.php?frame1=talk
He does sound a bit Ennis-like with the Brokeback line, but quite less so with "Jack, I swear"--which is actually a good thing!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4472 on: August 13, 2007, 02:34:04 am »

I thought of several, but my brain seemed to settle on the I Love Lucy episode where they are finally coming home from Europe on the plane, and Lucy pretends that the huge cheese she wants to bring home is really a baby.  Anyone remember that?

I think I remember that episode. Doesn't Lucy and Ethel eat the cheese on the airplane before it lands? I don't remember why they did it, but for some reason they ate something like 20 pounds of cheese over the Atlantic ocean.  :laugh:

I loved that series!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4473 on: August 13, 2007, 02:42:17 am »
I think I remember that episode. Doesn't Lucy and Ethel eat the cheese on the airplane before it lands? I don't remember why they did it, but for some reason they ate something like 20 pounds of cheese over the Atlantic ocean.  :laugh:

I loved that series!  :D

Yup, that's the one.  First she finds out that she will have to pay duty on the cheese when she arrives in New York, so she wraps it in a blanket and coos at it like it's a baby.  The woman sitting next to her on the plane wants to keep peeking at the precious baby, but Lucy says it's shy.  Then Lucy finds out that she will actually have to pay for a baby too, so decides that the only thing to do is to eat the whole cheese after the woman next to her falls asleep.  When the woman wakes up she asks Lucy where her baby is.  Lucy just laughs and says casually that she didn't really have a baby.  The woman flips out and screams for the flight attendant, who also remembers Lucy with a baby and is horrified.  I forget the final outcome...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4474 on: August 13, 2007, 02:47:35 am »

Yup, that's the one.  First she finds out that she will have to pay duty on the cheese when she arrives in New York, so she wraps it in a blanket and coos at it like it's a baby.  The woman sitting next to her on the plane wants to keep peeking at the precious baby, but Lucy says it's shy.  Then Lucy finds out that she will actually have to pay for a baby too, so decides that the only thing to do is to eat the whole cheese after the woman next to her falls asleep.  When the woman wakes up she asks Lucy where her baby is.  Lucy just laughs and says casually that she didn't really have a baby.  The woman flips out and screams for the flight attendant, who also remembers Lucy with a baby and is horrified.  I forget the final outcome...

I forget the final outcome too. But it sure was a funny episode.  :laugh:

I also remember an episode when they travel to Japan, and for some reason Lucy has to hide from someone, and so she decides to hide in a decorative tub full of gold fish and one jumps inside her mouth!  :laugh:

I think another fish jumped down inside her cleavage but I can't remember for sure.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4475 on: August 13, 2007, 05:35:41 am »
what - I fly across the ocean and come back to nostalgic "I Love Lucy?" yi yi yi!!!

It is grimly English here, ,we had some forceful rainshowers overnight and now it is just grey and grim.  Which is nice for driving, because the sun isnt beating down.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4476 on: August 13, 2007, 06:14:11 am »
Morning all,

65 degrees and blue skies peeking out for another nice day. Too bad I have to work!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4477 on: August 13, 2007, 06:19:51 am »
And for the I Love Lucy fanatics:

RETURN HOME FROM EUROPE
Episode #153, Aired May 14, 1956

The Ricardos and Mertzes are packing to leave Nice, France to go home. Fred and Ethel come to see Lucy and check on her packing. Lucy's mother has sent their mail but it contains a telegram for Ricky and this upsets him because she sent it to them by regular mail, so he blames her for not thinking. Lucy sides with her Mom saying maybe it's a birthday greeting. He opens it and it's an important booking at The Roxy Theatre in New York and they want Ricky to open there with his band for 2 weeks, starting next Monday. Fred suggests they fly home to get there in time. Ricky calls the Roxy and meanwhile, tells Fred to go and reserve them and the band on Pan American Airlines. Fred checks and says a clipper leaves tomorrow arriving in New York the following day. Ricky tells the theatre they'll arrive in plenty of time by air from Europe. Fred will call the steamship lines and say they're going home by plane. He reminds Ricky the band was going home free for playing on the boat, but now, Ricky has to buy plane tickets for the band too. Ricky tells Lucy that thanks to her mother, he has to play The Roxy for 2 weeks for nothing, but he's been waiting a long time to play there and that's what he'll do. Lucy insists she must take to her mother some rare Italian cheese that weighs 25 pounds. Being fed up with Lucy's mother, Ricky does not want her to take the cheese, besides it will add too much to the allotted weight of 66 pounds people can carry back on the plane. He and Fred leave the room as they have a lot to do. Lucy thinks she will disguise the cheese as a baby thinking babies travel for free. Later, on the plane, Ricky discovers Lucy's disguise and refuses to sit with her. Another mother, Evelyn Bigsby, and her baby take the seat beside Lucy so they don't disturb the others with their babies. Lucy keeps the cheese a secret from Mrs. Bigsby, and still pretends that it's a baby. Lucy admits her child is named Chester and Bigsby reveals her daughter is named Carolyn. During the flight Lucy finds out that babies cost 10 per cent of the regular fare on overseas flight, which comes to $30.00 and since it costs $2.00 per pound for anything over 66 pounds allotted, then the cheese would come to $50.00. Either way, she cannot afford it. She insists Ethel and she have to eat as much of the cheese as they can, to get rid of it so they don't have to pay for the cheese, or for the disguised baby. They'll figure out what to do later with whatever is left of it. After hiding the remainder of the cheese, Lucy returns to her seat and Bigsby asks her where her baby is. Lucy reveals it was a piece of cheese, to shrieks of horror from Bigsby, causing an investigation of Lucy at the customs office when the plane lands. Ethel reveals she and Lucy ate as much as they could of the cheese and it's discovered that the rest of it is hidden in the band's musical instruments. Ricky surmises it's not easy being married to Lucy but it's a lot of fun. With anticipation, he suggests to her it is time to go home now and see the baby.
Songs: Rock a Bye Baby.
Cast: Mary Jane Croft as Evelyn Bigsby; Frank Nelson as customs officer; Bennett Green as member of the press; Mildred Law as stewardess; Ray Kellogg as airline pilot.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4478 on: August 13, 2007, 10:31:52 am »
Oh no, no no no David.

An airport is like a major city.  At least, Heathrow is!  Just getting into the long term parking from the entrance is a 4 mile drive!  It's a major city, trust me on this.

Now, what's with the 20 kilogram single bag limit? I packed relatively lightly for me, for a week, and it was 15.8 KG!  Holy extra pants, batman!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4479 on: August 14, 2007, 06:02:47 am »
Morning all,

51 degrees here this morning. It actually feels a little chilly! Highs in the 70s are predicted. Blue sky all around.

L

Tuesdays Top Ten Eleven List

injest        18,145 
  Garry_LH        9,049 
Lucise        7,549 
  Front-Ranger        7,429 

MaineWriter        6,905 
  Sheriff Roland        5,964 
  Ellemeno        5,903 
  David      5,635 

dot-matrix        4,486 
  louise van hine        4,289 
  Nutmeg Guy        4,095 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:45:28 pm by Penthesilea »