Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622224 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4570 on: August 21, 2007, 01:51:12 pm »
Ok, nuff random posts from my side.

Today my baby turned four years. *sigh*

I hear you saying, he's not a baby anymore. Tell you what: he's my youngest and therefore will stay MY BABY, no matter how old he gets  :).

Relatives and friends came over. We had such a nice day together. I love to have guests. I love it when eight or nine kids jump around my backyard - and I love it when they're gone again  ;D.

I can relate! I had the entire cross country running team over this weekend! The good news is that they went off for a run and were gone almost an hour!!

You think you have it bad...my baby is getting his driving learner's permit today!! This is like the beginning of the end!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4571 on: August 21, 2007, 01:53:44 pm »
Ah, Chrissi, say happy birthday to that little one for me, and give him a big hug!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4572 on: August 21, 2007, 02:38:17 pm »
I can relate! I had the entire cross country running team over this weekend! The good news is that they went off for a run and were gone almost an hour!!

Uurhg. Hopefully such a team doesn't exist of 20+ members, lol

You think you have it bad...my baby is getting his driving learner's permit today!! This is like the beginning of the end!!

Oh my. That's really bad. Thankfully I have 14 years left to this day (regarding my youngest).

And your girl is gone to study in Belfast. That's what I had wanted to do when I was about her age (not Belfast, but any English speaking country). Of course my parents didn't let me, and when I was old enough and could have made it on my own, I was already together with my husband and too much in love for leaving.
Now I dread the day my oldest may have the same dream....

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4573 on: August 21, 2007, 02:45:56 pm »
Ah, Chrissi, say happy birthday to that little one for me, and give him a big hug!

L

I read your post just as I was coming down from bringing him to bed. Will give him an extra hug tomorrow.

My little sweetie with the sunshine in his heart. *sigh* He's soooo cute.

And I am effin sentimental today  ::). Will stop now and continue to prune my outbox.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4574 on: August 21, 2007, 05:02:06 pm »
My "baby" will be taking her driver's test sometime in the next month. It goes so fast!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4575 on: August 21, 2007, 05:05:05 pm »
I did a major outbox pruning...really really major. It was scary, actually. I couldn't look at the messages, just deleted. I was ruthless.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4576 on: August 21, 2007, 05:06:22 pm »
And I hope Phillip is happy with my pruning. Phillip, are you listening? LOL

L

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4577 on: August 21, 2007, 05:10:42 pm »
Uurhg. Hopefully such a team doesn't exist of 20+ members, lol

It was about 40 kids, and the parents just dropped them off and didn't stay to help!!

And your girl is gone to study in Belfast. That's what I had wanted to do when I was about her age (not Belfast, but any English speaking country). Of course my parents didn't let me, and when I was old enough and could have made it on my own, I was already together with my husband and too much in love for leaving.
Now I dread the day my oldest may have the same dream....
Actually she's studying in Dublin at the University of Dublin. Actually it's been a lot of fun so far. We text message and have video conferencing capability. She has done so much in the short week she's been there, and I have been enjoying it vicariously thru her. I just heard that she went to a Rolling Stones concert, a "mystical mountain" (I hope that's not some euphemism for a drug or some kind of Tantric yoga practice LOL!) and a haunted castle, and visited her Irish boyfriend's grandparents horse farm and rode horses, including one that was in the movie Braveheart!! It's not so bad, so far. But still I get choked up when I water her plants or her cat looks up at me and meeows plaintively...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4578 on: August 21, 2007, 05:56:38 pm »
aww happy bithday to your wee one chrissi!

lee - do you have skype? i've just discovered it - its great!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4579 on: August 21, 2007, 09:04:03 pm »
lee - do you have skype? i've just discovered it - its great!!

Yup. That's what my daughter and I use to stay in touch with each other!!