Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4621866 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4870 on: October 03, 2007, 05:32:39 pm »
Has anybody heard how the harvest was this year? Will spaghetti be scarce or plentiful?  ;D

Back in the spring it was not good. Remember the global bad weather we had? But there is hope for the late autumn spaghetti harvest...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4871 on: October 03, 2007, 05:33:28 pm »
Welcome Sharon and congratulations! I am in charge of teaching the sekrit handshake so just step over here....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4872 on: October 03, 2007, 06:53:14 pm »
Has anybody heard how the spaghetti harvest was this year? Will spaghetti be scarce or plentiful?  ;D

Back in the spring it was not good. Remember the global bad weather we had? But there is hope for the late autumn spaghetti harvest...

L

Oh, good! I'd hate to think there was going to be a spaghetti shortage this winter!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4873 on: October 03, 2007, 07:00:42 pm »
Oh, good! I'd hate to think there was going to be a spaghetti shortage this winter!  ;D

And remember, Jeff, we are coming into B&M Baked Beans canning season...do you need me to replenish your supply?

L

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4874 on: October 03, 2007, 07:05:32 pm »
And remember, Jeff, we are coming into B&M Baked Beans canning season...do you need me to replenish your supply?

L

Thanks, Little Darlin', but the grocery store where I regularly shop actually carries several varieties of B&M Baked Beans, so I can get plenty of 'em any time I want!  :o

(Bacon and onion. ... Mmmmm.)

Do you think we should invest in spaghetti futures?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4875 on: October 03, 2007, 11:05:48 pm »

There's a 1000 of 'em!  CONGRATS, SHARON!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4876 on: October 04, 2007, 07:02:53 am »
Thanks, Little Darlin', but the grocery store where I regularly shop actually carries several varieties of B&M Baked Beans, so I can get plenty of 'em any time I want!  :o

(Bacon and onion. ... Mmmmm.)

Do you think we should invest in spaghetti futures?  ;D

Spaghetti futures, hm, maybe?

Oh! It was brown bread I had to import to the city of Brotherly Love for you... :-)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4877 on: October 04, 2007, 07:03:48 am »
Morning all,

60 degrees and after a foggy start, now it looks to be a sunny day, high around 76 according to my phone. Sweet!

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4878 on: October 04, 2007, 07:08:36 am »
weather should be fine for my departure this afternoon from Athens, but it promises to be a looong day by the time I get back to Calne tonight... sometime.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

injest

Re: So sad..
« Reply #4879 on: October 04, 2007, 07:46:39 am »
I am so sad today.     :(

I got a call late last night that a close friend passed away suddenly.    He was just ending a meeting at his own business, when he stood up and dropped.      He was one of the first gay guys I met back in 1991.   He disproved every stereotype.   He was 47 years old.

In our own hectic days of running around and doing mundane tasks we often forget how fleeting life can be.    :'(

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. You are right, never enough time...never enough.

RIP

{{{{David}}}}