Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4636405 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5060 on: October 24, 2007, 07:42:45 pm »
Hi David!

So nice to see you back online!  Hope your trip was really amazing.  And, sorry to hear about your flight-cancellation woes.

Oh did I mention that Jake Gyllenhaal was in Rome too?    So was Bruce Willis and Tom Cruise.    It was the week of the Rome Film festival.      Jane Fonda flew back on my plane.    I was in Seat 1C, she was in 5F.   

Too bad it wasn't Jake in seat 5F.  Now that would have been one for the Brokie record books. 8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5061 on: October 24, 2007, 08:34:01 pm »
Here is one thing that most persons do not know about that statue on the left: it is ugly but since the artist put it well together, it looks great!

Did anyone notice that?

Hugs!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5062 on: October 25, 2007, 01:57:43 am »
Hey David,

good to have you back  :D.
Looking forward to your reports and pics. The view from your terrace is beautiful. This upgrading to a suite sounds like a story to me!

Too bad it wasn't Jake in seat 5F.  Now that would have been one for the Brokie record books. 8)

I agree with Amanda. Just imagine...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5063 on: October 25, 2007, 04:12:31 am »
It is sooooooo  good to be home!   ;D

Leslie!    Thank you so much for doing the top Twelve,  Oops!  Thirteen?    YIKES!   list!

I see while I was gone Jeff climbed on top of me.     ::)

I am doing loads of laundry, paying bills and trying to resize pics from my trip.

Everything went smoothly until the end.   My connection in NewYork at JFK went bust.   I no sooner got thru customs went they cancelled my connecting flight to Hartford.   ARG!     I hate the JFK airport.     I especially hate it when there are no more flights going to Hartford after they cancelled mine. 

Yup.   I got stranded.   I was already suffering from a class A migraine headache after the nine hour flight.    Then I had to figure out how to get a room in an airport I've never been to before.    the people at Delta were no help.    My baggage was who knows were since it was re-checked to my cancelled connecting flight.    So I walked to the exit and found the courtesy phones and started calling hotels.    The first 3 hotels I called were full up.   I was beginning to think I was sleeping on the airport floor!     Finally I found a room at the Double Tree Hilton in Queens.     That was just a train ride plus a bus ride away.    Finally once I got checked in I went right to sleep.    I will say that the Double Tree has great beds.    My room had a king sized bed with a pillow top mattress and comfy quilted blankets.      Of course being jetlaggeg by 6 hours had me up at 2am.  LOL.       Needless to say I was the first one at the hotel shuttle at 7am to go back to the Airport.     

The nice thing about flying First or Business class is Deltas Crown room lounges.    I spent 4 hours there waiting to catch a noon flight home.     

Oh did I mention that Jake Gyllenhaal was in Rome too?    So was Bruce Willis and Tom Cruise.    It was the week of the Rome Film festival.      Jane Fonda flew back on my plane.    I was in Seat 1C, she was in 5F.   

I have sooooo much to report.    But I'm tired.   I have a ton of laundry to do.     I did resize a few pics.    I'll get more posted later.

Here are two from Florence, Italy.      The first is actually a replica of "David".  The original was moved indoors to protect it.   They don't let you take pics in most of the museums unfortunately.   

The second one is the view off of the terrace of my suite in Florence.   Yes suite!    I was upgraded to the top floor at the Westin Excelsior.  This Suite costs 2,660 Euros a night.    Thats about $4,000 US dollars a night!      Wait to you see the inside!   

I took 132 photos.    It is going to take awhile to resize and upload them all.      More later.     

Welcome back David - i cant see the photos cos I'm at work but depsite the flight hassles sounds like you had a fabby time!! can't wait to hear more!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5064 on: October 25, 2007, 06:19:52 am »
Morning all,

46 degrees today and it looks like the unseasonably warm weather might be ending. Oh well. The leaves are falling off the trees like mad. I think I have some raking in my future!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5065 on: October 25, 2007, 07:53:15 am »
David, one of the little changes I made while you were away was to make the numbers all line up, nice and neat and tidy like this...

Thursdays Top Thirteen List

injest                      21.099   
Garry_LH                10,695   
MaineWriter             8,356
Front-Ranger           8,179

QuestaLuce              7,733
dot-matrix                7,714

David                        6,829
Ellemeno                   6,788
Sheriff Roland          6,367

Fran                          4,866
louise van hine         4,727
Jeff Wrangler           4,572
Nutmeg Guy              4,354 

I like things lined up! LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5066 on: October 25, 2007, 07:55:35 am »
David,

Since I am one who pinches pennies and looks for bargains on a trip, I just have to ask...did you just win the lottery or something? LOL

L

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5067 on: October 25, 2007, 10:28:36 am »

Sitting room

Wow, the pics are impressive.

Marble bathroom.

Well, not to sound overly critical, but was this the only bathroom of the suite? Very elegantly and precious indeed, but marble or no marble, it's small and it doesn't have a seperate shower cabin. For 2600 Euros, I would await a bathroom the size of a dancefloor  ;). Ok, not a dancefloor, but bigger than this.

and a few pics of the Trevi fountain nearby.

and yes, we were there the day a guy threw red paint into the fountain.   But when we got there, they had drained it out and were washing out the red paint.   They had alot of Police there as they cleaned out several huge bags worth of coins too.

Oh, so many people. I wouldn't have thought there'd be so many tourists in October.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5068 on: October 25, 2007, 01:06:46 pm »
Dang!  I have been gone four effing years from this thread!

Very luxurious pictures David!
Hope your vacation was fab!  It sure looks it!  ;)

~M

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5069 on: October 25, 2007, 04:03:39 pm »
Wow, David!!!  :o

You sure didn't live on spuds and beans in Italy...  :laugh:

Glad you had such a viaggio meraviglioso!  :)