Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4621830 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5600 on: January 01, 2008, 01:04:19 pm »
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm still out in LaPorte, Indiana, and enjoying a heavy snowfall, too.  It started around suppertime last night, and it looks like maybe 8 inches and counting.  It's gorgeous to look out at all the trees and the pond covered in clean white snow.  My brother has three big bird feeders, and the cardinals, woodpeckers and purple finches look especially pretty against the wintery background.

We went out to dinner last night, then came home to drink champagne and watch Fred and Ginger dancing on cable TV.  We were just about to tune in to watch the ball drop in Times Square when pouf! the power went out!  So we toasted by candlelight and wondered what the rest of the town was doing.  Must have been interesting for folks having New Year's parties.  Maybe we'll find out today how extensive the outage was.

Good luck with all the white stuff Leslie and David.  You're probably tired of it by now, but for this Manhattanite, it's a treat!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5601 on: January 01, 2008, 01:17:36 pm »

We are having a partly sunny day today...Its a refreshing change.   BUT!!!  "There is another
storm coming in from the Pacific," should be here later today or during the night.  The temp was not
as cold last night...Its about 40 right now.

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5602 on: January 01, 2008, 01:27:35 pm »
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm still out in LaPorte, Indiana, and enjoying a heavy snowfall, too.  It started around suppertime last night, and it looks like maybe 8 inches and counting.  It's gorgeous to look out at all the trees and the pond covered in clean white snow.  My brother has three big bird feeders, and the cardinals, woodpeckers and purple finches look especially pretty against the wintery background.

We went out to dinner last night, then came home to drink champagne and watch Fred and Ginger dancing on cable TV.  We were just about to tune in to watch the ball drop in Times Square when pouf! the power went out!  So we toasted by candlelight and wondered what the rest of the town was doing.  Must have been interesting for folks having New Year's parties.  Maybe we'll find out today how extensive the outage was.

Good luck with all the white stuff Leslie and David.  You're probably tired of it by now, but for this Manhattanite, it's a treat!  8)

Wow, Meryl!! You had a very memorable NYE celebration! The snow description sounds lovely -- makes me want a big snow!! Have fun today!

Hello Leslie and Nutmeg Guy! Happy New Year! Hope your first day is fun!! Which movies do you have lined up, Leslie?
  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5603 on: January 01, 2008, 02:02:38 pm »
I can't officially start complaining about the snow til mid-February....

Today's storm just started. Time to hunker down!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5604 on: January 01, 2008, 02:08:13 pm »
happy New Year everybody.  Of course it is dry, and sunny, and 43 degrees out here in the East Bay and I am enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee while chatting with my friend Leslie!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5605 on: January 01, 2008, 02:34:11 pm »
Wow, Meryl!! You had a very memorable NYE celebration! The snow description sounds lovely -- makes me want a big snow!! Have fun today!

Hello Leslie and Nutmeg Guy! Happy New Year! Hope your first day is fun!! Which movies do you have lined up, Leslie?
  :)

Thanks, Shasta!

Movies: "Finding Neverland" in a simulcast with Louise. Later on, maybe "The Notorious Bettie Page." It is on on-demand on HBO. If anyone here remembers rtprod, our resident movie critic...he loved that movie. I have been wanting to see it for almost two years.

My daughter also received "The Red Shoes" for Christmas...another good one to watch.

I am well prepared for the hunkering down! LOL...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5606 on: January 01, 2008, 02:52:51 pm »
Thanks, Shasta!

Movies: "Finding Neverland" in a simulcast with Louise. Later on, maybe "The Notorious Bettie Page." It is on on-demand on HBO. If anyone here remembers rtprod, our resident movie critic...he loved that movie. I have been wanting to see it for almost two years.

My daughter also received "The Red Shoes" for Christmas...another good one to watch.

I am well prepared for the hunkering down! LOL...

L

Sounds cozy!!  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5607 on: January 01, 2008, 03:33:06 pm »

Happy New Year Buds!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5608 on: January 01, 2008, 03:41:35 pm »
Happy New Year, everyone!

The rain ended, the sun came out, and our Mummers' Parade was delayed three hours, not starting until noon, but is now going full blast.

Although it's happening right below my windows, I am ignoring it. I'm listening to show tunes!  ;D So I'm having a very gay New Year's Day!  :laugh:

David, Leslie, send some a that snow down here, why dontcha?  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5609 on: January 01, 2008, 04:07:50 pm »
It is snowing to beat the band right now...Jeff, I would love to send you some but I don't know how!

L