Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622161 times)

Scott6373

Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5900 on: January 23, 2008, 04:03:53 pm »
Whoa I have a lot of catching up to do.

Don't worry darlin'...you'll catch up soon enough.  LOL

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5901 on: January 23, 2008, 05:01:43 pm »
WHAT!?    :o   

NOOOOO!!!    :(   

Ah crap!
    :'(

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5902 on: January 23, 2008, 06:49:42 pm »
Seems like kind of a different world today, doesn't it?

It is a different world today.  Things will always be very different for the Brokie community from now on.

It's hard to even imagine or predict how this will change this community in the long-run.

:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5903 on: January 23, 2008, 10:52:40 pm »
It's hard to even imagine or predict how this will change this community in the long-run.

:(

Sure enough. For me at the moment any further debate over the film seems somehow irrelevant. It doesn't seem to matter any more.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5904 on: January 23, 2008, 10:54:01 pm »
Sure enough. For me at the moment any further debate over the film seems somehow irrelevant. It doesn't seem to matter any more.  :-\

I know what you mean, Bud.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5905 on: January 23, 2008, 11:39:21 pm »
i know i'm not official and all...

but during the first days/months/etc. of brokeback fever I would wake with jack and ennis on the mind - you know just streaming them in my consciousness... it was like that this morning with Heath.  "heath is gone, heath is gone, heath is still gone" but there were images of him smiling over and over
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5906 on: January 24, 2008, 12:45:24 am »

It's certainly hard to go on with our normal discussions of Brokeback at the moment.  But, I think that continuing those conversations in the future are actually very, very important to honoring Heath and his legacy as an artist.  I feel a real sense of responsibility now, as a serious Brokie, to make sure that Brokeback continues to be taken as seriously as possible as a film and as an important story/message.  I think it's almost more significant than ever to continue demonstrating exactly why serious debates and discussion still matter.

But, yes, carrying on any kind of normal conversation is tough at the moment.

I feel like we're all going through a grieving process.  At the moment, I feel a little exhausted by the whole situation.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5907 on: January 24, 2008, 09:05:19 am »
I still wait for someone to say it was a mistake. God, how I wish. But it's not.

Yes, BetterMost will continue on. I also don't have the slightest interest in discussing the movie or story. Irrelevant, as Jeff said.
The day will come, when we won't come to BetterMost for grieving, but for meeting friends, laughing together and having fun here. Yes, we will continue on. But it will be different. Alone the thought that there will be no news anymore on HHH makes the tears well up right now. BetterMost will continue, but it will be different because our love for Ennis and Jack will for always be linked with the grief and hurt we're experiencing now. It will get better, but it will never get back to like it was before.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5908 on: January 24, 2008, 09:22:29 am »
Morning all,

Nice day today, 21 degrees, a few clouds.

I am actually feeling pretty good this morning. I just posted on the Heath, Heath, Heath thread if you want more detail. Or send me a PM.

Hugs to all of you,

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

moremojo

« Reply #5909 on: January 24, 2008, 07:16:20 pm »
But I will admit it will be sad (and kinda creepy) to watch Heath in the new Batman movie.   :-\
I feel a twinge of regret that his last role was such a grotesque and sinister one. However great his performance may prove to be, that somehow seems like an unfortunate note to end on (though I know in the Big Picture nothing is unperfect).

His now never-to-be-completed role in Terry Gilliam's latest project looked like it might have been a welcome antidote to the dark and disturbing Joker.