Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622009 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6130 on: February 12, 2008, 11:23:48 am »
It's warmed up since 6 am and now is up to 13 degrees! Lots of sun and blue sky today, which is nice to see.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6131 on: February 12, 2008, 11:24:15 am »
And, ta da! Bearing down on 11,000 posts....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6133 on: February 12, 2008, 11:42:26 am »
I wish they'd offer a heated steering wheel.   Wouldn't that be great?   I hate cold hands.

When I drove regularly, every fall I would have to wear driving gloves in the morning by the middle of September because my knuckles would throb with pain from holding a cold steering wheel.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #6134 on: February 12, 2008, 11:52:05 am »
My husband said he felt like an old man driving that automatic... ::) It was as if the car was driving itself.

I liked it though. It was a nice change. It made driving more relaxed, which us belgians aren't really used to. People drive like madmen over here. Maybe automatics should become compulsory!  ;D

I can think of other things to do that exercise my right hand.   ::)

drink a cup of coffee? hold your cell phone?  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #6135 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19:30 pm »

CONGRATULATIONS ON 3000 POSTS, MELISSA!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

injest

« Reply #6136 on: February 12, 2008, 09:06:02 pm »
I'm trading in the PT Cruiser.   So I guess you could say I'm going from a small Cruiser to a large Cruiser!   LOL

I do like heated seats.   But I can live without them.  I wish they'd offer a heated steering wheel.   Wouldn't that be great?   I hate cold hands.

oh snap that is what I want BAD!!! I HATE cold hands!

injest

« Reply #6137 on: February 13, 2008, 09:34:16 am »
UGH!   WHAT A MESS!

The weather outside is frightful..........  well, you know the song.

The snow started around 6pm last night.   The airport was full of people trying to get earlier flights out to beat the weather.   But once the snow started to fly it was too late.  The hotels filled quickly and many people were stuck wandering around with their bags when I left.

After a treacherous drive home at 10pm the weather switched over to ice and feezing rain.    I woke to the sound of my neighbor chipping the ice off his windshield.       I'll have to go out later and try to shovel this ice covered mess. 

I am bummed out because I was supposed to pickup the new car today.  But I called yesterday to postpone until tomorrow.  The dealership is over an hour away in good weather.  Plus it is in the high hills and the roads will be really bad today up there.   I didn't want the white knuckle drive there and back in the new car.  Oh well.  One more day....

Yeah, I feel ya.....it is 28!! here only supposed to warm up into the 50s! and all this sunshine...really wears on you... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6138 on: February 13, 2008, 09:45:18 am »
Morning all,

28 degrees and a bit of a mess here, too. It snowed all night (looking at my car, I'd guess 5 inches or so) and now we have some sort of a sleety mess coming down. Schools are closed so I am at home for the day.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6139 on: February 13, 2008, 11:33:50 am »

Well, the Airport is closed till 10 am.   But they keep pushing the opening time back.

If it is still closed at noon I'm calling to see if I have to go in at all.

Speaking of Bradley International Airport, this little tidbit was on the front page of my paper today:

Passenger traffic at the Portland International Jetport was up by 17% in 2007. There were slight increases at Burlington, VT (2.9%) and Boston (1.4%), while Manchester, NH, Providence, RI, Bangor, ME, and Bradley, CT were all down: -0.1%, -3.5%, -4.1%, and -5.6%, respectively.

L