Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4636529 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6600 on: April 18, 2008, 01:14:08 am »
I need a place to whine a bit, and since I don't have blog, you'll have to bear with me  ;D

I was at the dentist today and it was a worst case scenario  :P. I'm getting an element of three false teeth: crown, bridge, crown. Today he filed down the two outer teeth, found caries on his way, made 5 or 6 dental impressions, had to make two additional injections because the first two started to get weaker, because it took so long, and at the end of the procedure, he had to extract the remains of the middle tooth of those three. There was no tooth left, only the root in the jaw. So he couldn't pull it, but had to stem it out with a leverage.  :P

I had a nap, I took an Advil - but this day is still sh*t. I'm fed up with the whole world today.

Chrissi, I know how you feel.  I have 17 root canals (Würzelbehandlung), and four bridges, and in the course of getting them done three teeth were taken out.  I guess I can count myself lucky that I could afford to have the bridges (at last!), and that I have few other medical problems!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6601 on: April 18, 2008, 01:21:12 am »
Thank you all for your kind words and congrats  :-*.
It's a bit better this morning. Still hurts. Not like hell, but bad enough  :P. Gues I'll take another Advil and hope the best.

On the bright side, I don't have grey hair anymore  :). I dyed my hair for the first time in more than nine years. I didn't do it to hide the grey in the first place, but it's a nice side-effect  :).

How was your lazy day yesterday, L? Were you able to take the top down?

Chrissi, you poor baby! I hope you are feeling better today! And contrats on your hair too! YAY!!! :D

If you wish to have someone to suffer and sympathize with, you should talk to Melissa. That poor girl has been through pure H E L L  at the dentist these past few months. I'm sure she has plenty of "horror stories" to swap with you!! :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6602 on: April 18, 2008, 06:21:24 am »
Morning all,

34 degrees this morning and it looks like another nice day is in store for us.

My day yesterday was very nice, Chrissi. I did pay the bills and do some chores and I ended up going to work for a few hours, but all in all, it was more relaxing than usual. And yes, I did put the top down. It was great!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6603 on: April 18, 2008, 11:54:53 am »
Well you wouldn't be putting the top down here.  It's unusually cold and wet, with more of the same predicted.

Anybody want to try their hand at posting today's Top Ten?  It looks like David could use the help today.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6604 on: April 18, 2008, 12:26:28 pm »
Finally, 2 great days here of sun, melting the snow as some of it is rare now !!

And the daffodils heads are coming out more and more high... fortunately as Spring springs in more too !!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6605 on: April 18, 2008, 12:37:37 pm »
I just drove in the car, top down, and the car thermometer said it was 80 degrees. Typical Maine, we go from freezing to summer inside of a day!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Top 10 Posters 18 April 2008
« Reply #6606 on: April 18, 2008, 02:04:22 pm »
injest               25,654
MaineWriter      12,223
Garry_LH          11,245
Front-Ranger     10,157
dot-matrix          9,792
CodyDecoder      8,723
Elle                    8,675
AuroraLucis         8,652

Jeff Wrangler      6,968
Sheriff Roland      6,564
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6607 on: April 18, 2008, 02:04:36 pm »
I just drove in the car, top down, and the car thermometer said it was 80 degrees. Typical Maine, we go from freezing to summer inside of a day!

L

What happened to Mud Season?  ;)  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6608 on: April 18, 2008, 02:08:25 pm »
What happened to Mud Season?  ;)  :laugh:

We seemed to have skipped it this year. We had so much snow and the ground was so frozen for so long, it never got muddy. Weird.

L

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6609 on: April 18, 2008, 03:41:34 pm »
I need a place to whine a bit, and since I don't have blog, you'll have to bear with me  ;D

I was at the dentist today and it was a worst case scenario  :P. I'm getting an element of three false teeth: crown, bridge, crown. Today he filed down the two outer teeth, found caries on his way, made 5 or 6 dental impressions, had to make two additional injections because the first two started to get weaker, because it took so long, and at the end of the procedure, he had to extract the remains of the middle tooth of those three. There was no tooth left, only the root in the jaw. So he couldn't pull it, but had to stem it out with a leverage.  :P

I had a nap, I took an Advil - but this day is still sh*t. I'm fed up with the whole world today.

Kisses for Chrissi!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/