Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622065 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7140 on: July 01, 2008, 04:56:09 pm »
Yes, Happy July...and tomorrow is a sort-of famous holiday in my household   ;)

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7141 on: July 02, 2008, 07:10:13 am »
Morning all,

67 degrees this morning. This is what I love about Maine...our natural air conditioning. It will be nice and warm this afternoon but it always cools down for good sleeping...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7142 on: July 02, 2008, 09:22:50 am »
HAPPY HAPPYHAPPY Birthday and have fun !!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7143 on: July 02, 2008, 09:23:30 am »
Et, bonjour !

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7144 on: July 02, 2008, 09:34:48 am »
Morning all,

67 degrees this morning. This is what I love about Maine...our natural air conditioning. It will be nice and warm this afternoon but it always cools down for good sleeping...

L

Wow Leslie!  According to a quick check of one of our local news websites, it's currently 66 degrees in Pittsburgh this morning.  We had a little heat wave a few weeks ago, but mostly the weather lately has been so pleasant.  Nice and cool at night... good sleeping weather indeed!

They say it's supposed to rain a lot this weekend and even storm... so that's a bummer for folks who have 4th of July plans.  I don't have much at all planned other than sleeping in a lot and doing some shopping.  I'm generally not a huge fan of fireworks, etc., etc.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7145 on: July 03, 2008, 07:47:01 am »
Morning all, 

78 degrees this morning and another lovely early summer day!

My day lilies are blooming!

L

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7146 on: July 03, 2008, 08:18:17 am »
Bon matin à toutes et à tous !!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7147 on: July 03, 2008, 10:40:55 am »
My daylilies!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7148 on: July 03, 2008, 11:27:30 am »

Safe travels, L :)

I AM at the ocean, and swimming in there daily at the moment :D.

But damn, I have to vent today. our holidays are great, weather, ocean, hotel couldn't be better, but....

I'm so fed up with bad hings happening to us! >:( We really are on a streak of bad luck.

Sunday the fish tank burst, as you already know.

Guess who stood without photo-ID at the airport on Monday? - Me >:(
I had taken my ID card with me, but it was expired. Damn, they are good for ten years and mine was expired just a few weeks (since some time in May). Ack! Bad thing was we were about to fly to Turkey. Other countries aren't *that* fussy, but Egypt and Turkey are the two countries who really insist on a valid ID-Card or passport.
My passport was lying at home. After much nerve-wrecking hassle, negotiations and phone-calls, my brother-in-law managed to bring it to me just in time. My family was already checked in and through securitiy, without knowing if I would make it on the plane :-\.

Next thing, our plane was late (so the time for bringing the passport and checking in was not that curt, but that was not to be foreseeen). They spilled kerosin on the airplane while fuelling. The mess had to be cleaned and then they had to try to fuel up again, this time very carefully. *umpf* I think I would have had a more peaceful flight without knowing this. :-\

The next morning (Tuesday) we were in the pool for the very first time and my oldest daughter cut her foot really badly :(. A deep cut. It's Friday night now and it still bleeds a little bit every now and then, and she still barely can walk, and of course, not go into the water. Poor girl is itting in the shadow all day, reading. I so feel for her!
We had a nurse and a MD look after the foot, but both said it doesn't need stitches. Just wait it out. Easy to say for them, but hard to take for a twelve year old, watching us having fun all day. My poor baby. I hope she will be able to swim and walk the second week of our holidays.

Wednsday was quiet, but Thursday my little son ran a fever. Nothing really bad, but I am so fed up!
Even though we were lucky that none of those things didn't turn out worse, I want to enjoy the rest of our vacation without anything happening.

Thanks for listening, folks. Wish us more luck from now on, will ya?

Oh dear Chrissi - wishing you lots of luck!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7149 on: July 03, 2008, 11:32:31 am »
Congratulations
Spain!

The New European Soccer Champion

Spain certainly dominated the match - it was a good game.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/