Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622066 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7670 on: August 21, 2008, 09:59:18 am »
Well, looking at the picture, he looks familiar, but I'm still not sure I'd recognize him on the street! I am one of those people who if someone is "out of their element" it doesn't connect for me who they are. I think it started for me back in 8th grade when I saw my math teacher in a Carvel (ice cream store). This guy always wore a suit and tie for glass. At Carvel, he was wearing a black leather jacket, black jeans and tee shirt, boots and sunglasses. He looked like a biker! I was so stunned I think it made the "recognizing people in alternate situations" part of my brain shut down forever. LOL

LHN

That is so weird, I am the same, sometimes I don't even recognise aquaintances out of context, eg school bus run. I never thought of it, but in my teens, a friend and I spotted our very dour, strict Physics teacher, and he was seriously strict, I used to shake when he looked at me,out and about on a Harley Davidson.!!!You writing that brought back the memory as if it was yesterday.We were in a Wimpy, very cool then, looking oit the window for boys, and he pulls up at the traffic lights.
I also was awakened one night by very drunken singing comming down the road past my window, and it was my biology teacher.

Funny how at that age we never think our teachers have any lives.It was brought home to me very clearly one night several years later.I was out clubbing one evening and have to admit that myself and friend were a little worse for wear.Someone stopped me in the street and said, you're my Optometrist and you're drunk!!!
Talk about full circle.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7671 on: August 21, 2008, 09:59:29 am »
I think recognizing him would be easy enough. He looks like Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks. (You know. "Simon. Theodore. ALVIN!"  ;D )

Hey do you remember "The Chipettes"?  Girl versions of the three "munks", each "ette" matched a "munk".  Alvin = Brittney, Simon = Elenore, and Theodore = Jeanette

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7672 on: August 21, 2008, 10:03:30 am »
I used to love that cartoon almost as much as I loved the Smurfs.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7673 on: August 21, 2008, 10:04:49 am »
awwwww Chrissi!  Happy birthday to your youngest pyscho child!   ;D :-*

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7674 on: August 21, 2008, 10:06:43 am »
Exciting day today in our household, my youngest has his 5th birthday today :).

He was soooo happy this morning, coming down the stairs, then he had to wait a minute outside the dinging room (till I had lit the candles on his B-day cake), and then of course he rushed in :D.
I just did the math: this is the 26th time I celebrate a birthday with my kids (12+9+5), but it's still amazing at what speed they are able to rip off the paper from the presents :laugh:. It's always the same ritual: rip off, take a one-second look at it, then on to the next present, occasionally accompanied by a squeal. But after all things are open, they take their time to take everything in and inspect every present.

In one hour the hardest part (for us adults) begins: children's birthday party :P.  I'll breathe a sigh of relief when it's over this evening :laugh:.

But it's so worth it: my little one has the best time today, you won't believe how happy he is :D

Have a wonderful day with your little one.You still found time to post Heath pics. as well I am seriously impressed. I used to dread the parties as I am naturally shy, but now with 10, 11 and 14 I miss them. The 14 yer old just wants to go to the movies, without me of course.I would of coure give anything to turn back the clock when we used to have Clancy the clown.My 10 year old daughter wants manicure and pedicure parties!!!! and the 11 year old, just wants to drive round in go carts.
Enjoy it while you can, and have a lovely day.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7675 on: August 21, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »
I think recognizing him would be easy enough. He looks like Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks. (You know. "Simon. Theodore. ALVIN!"  ;D )

:laugh:

Exciting Paul and have a great time Chrissi!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7676 on: August 21, 2008, 01:22:01 pm »
Thank you all for your good wishes. We had a nice party and my little one was very pleased with everything, he's a happy camper today :D.
It's almost 7pm here and all but one guest are picked up. And the one child left is Kerstin's daughter, who counts almost as family anyway.
Soooo now I have a one hour break (and I need it!). I parked the crew in front of the TV :laugh:.
Later I have to go to a parent-teacher conference :P. Some days ..... ::)

Children's birthday parties are somewhere between exhausting and horror-trip when they're still so young. It gets better around age seven, and once they're short of becoming teenagers, they don't want anything but food and beverages from you. :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7677 on: August 22, 2008, 06:46:41 am »
Morning all,

69 degrees with sun predicted today. Hannah and my mom are off to the beach while I get to ... work!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7678 on: August 22, 2008, 08:12:09 am »
Good morning!

You're about to hit a milestone!   ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7679 on: August 22, 2008, 08:46:05 am »
Good morning!

You're about to hit a milestone!   ;D

Yes, I am!

And I have been known to make random posts to make milestones happen faster...LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!