Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4637681 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7720 on: August 24, 2008, 04:19:33 pm »
Be safe always as you do, optom!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7721 on: August 24, 2008, 05:50:20 pm »
Did it look ike this?:

If it did then it's the Southern Black Widow.   Although highly virulent, it's quite timid according to this site: http://insects.tamu.edu/fieldguide/cimg368.html

OMG that's it  !!!!!
I was telling my husband the red on its back was a bit like a sand timer. He looked at me as if I was behavingly more odd than usual. I really am going to crap it now.
When you say virulent are we talking nasty rash, or 6ft under.I daren't go on the site.
My husband has not found it yet.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #7722 on: August 24, 2008, 06:32:50 pm »

OMG that's it  !!!!!
I was telling my husband the red on its back was a bit like a sand timer. He looked at me as if I was behavingly more odd than usual. I really am going to crap it now.
When you say virulent are we talking nasty rash, or 6ft under.I daren't go on the site.
My husband has not found it yet.

It's rarely lethal so I wouldn't worry too much about it, for one thing, it's more afraid of you than you are of it, just check your shoes before putting them on.  ;)

Bite symptoms
If noticed at all, a widow spider bite may feel like a pin prick. Usually the bite location is indicated by a slight local swelling and two red spots surrounded by redness. The reaction is systemic and pain becomes intense in one to three hours, continuing for up to 48 hours. Symptoms include tremors, nausea, vomiting, leg cramps, abdominal pain, profuse perspiration, loss of muscle tone and rise in blood pressure. The toxin can also cause breathing difficulties and sometimes unconsciousness. However, less than 5% of people bitten by widow spiders die.[/i]

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7723 on: August 24, 2008, 06:38:01 pm »
And then there's the time I got a spider bite on my boob and it got infected and abscessed and then lanced and wouldn't you know, I ended up in the OR and...oh never mind.

But I survived and lived to tell the tale. And I still have my boob, too!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7724 on: August 24, 2008, 08:42:36 pm »
You made my day whimsical MaineWriter !

That was fun  to read!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7725 on: August 24, 2008, 09:06:13 pm »
And then there's the time I got a spider bite on my boob and it got infected and abscessed and then lanced and wouldn't you know, I ended up in the OR and...oh never mind.

But I survived and lived to tell the tale. And I still have my boob, too!

Yikes! That made my boob hurt to read that!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7726 on: August 24, 2008, 09:11:53 pm »
owie owie owwwwwie!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7727 on: August 24, 2008, 09:19:13 pm »
You made my day whimsical MaineWriter !

That was fun  to read!

Whimsical MaineWriter...that made me laugh.

Thanks, Artiste!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

« Reply #7728 on: August 24, 2008, 10:41:31 pm »
It's rarely lethal so I wouldn't worry too much about it, for one thing, it's more afraid of you than you are of it, just check your shoes before putting them on.  ;)

Bite symptoms
If noticed at all, a widow spider bite may feel like a pin prick. Usually the bite location is indicated by a slight local swelling and two red spots surrounded by redness. The reaction is systemic and pain becomes intense in one to three hours, continuing for up to 48 hours. Symptoms include tremors, nausea, vomiting, leg cramps, abdominal pain, profuse perspiration, loss of muscle tone and rise in blood pressure. The toxin can also cause breathing difficulties and sometimes unconsciousness. However, less than 5% of people bitten by widow spiders die.[/i]

No I am definitely more afraid of it.In fact I am wearing jeans, socks and long sleever shirt, and it is 80degs. here Because I am a raging hypochondriac I seem to be having half the symptoms already and I have not even been bitten.The trmors,nausea and profuse perspiration, could be down to the fact that I am melting.
I wont go in the garage now, I have had my husband put the car on the drive. I am such a wimp, when it comes to small things with more than 4 legs.
I was bad enough bfore when one of the neighbours dogs got bitten by a rattle snake.I had no idea we had those here.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7729 on: August 25, 2008, 01:17:15 am »
Congrats to
 :D David 10 000 :D
 :D Leslie 13 000 :D
 :D Lee 11 000 :D
 :D Myself 5 000
:D
(no one noticed for a week *sitting on a hill, pouting* ;))