Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622054 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8190 on: September 21, 2008, 05:46:38 am »
Morning all,

Nice sunny day here in Germany and 11 degrees. We had a busy day yesterday, visiting castle ruins on top of a mountain (we rode a chairlift to get there), and shopping in the town of Neustadt. In the evening we went to a handball game (think basketball + soccer, not the game that resembles squash without the racquets). It was fun.

Today Heidleberg is on the agenda, IF we ever get ourselves up and moving. Everyone is sleeping in today!!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8191 on: September 21, 2008, 03:45:31 pm »
*waves*

How is everyone today?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8192 on: September 21, 2008, 05:47:21 pm »
Very interesting, Elle! It's strange, but when I'm alone in nature I don't feel lonely either! In fact, when I feel the loneliest is when I'm in a crowd of uncaring people, or in a hostile place, or surrounded by impersonal cubicles and office workers.

I soo agree with that.I remember one time clearly when I was sitting outside at the farmhouse back in England.The kids were on various sleepovers and husband was away on business.
I was wrapped in a blanket on one of the sunloungers,listening to music, looking at the stars which were so clear, because we were in the middle of nowhere so no streetlights or other light interference. I was completely alone and I have never felt such an enormous welling of internal peace.I wanted that moment to continue forever.I did not want the sun to rise,I wanted to stay cosseted by the dark and my blanket,listening to some of my favourite music and just let my thoughts free fall.

Florida may have its faults, but it brings me the enormous joy of being outside nearly all the time.I hate being constrained by buildings.I think it must be something to do with 15 years in a room with no window,in artificial light doing eye exams. All my best memories are outdoors.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8193 on: September 22, 2008, 01:37:19 am »
Good morning BetterMost! :)

It's very early on Monday morning. Our two Hannahs (Leslie's and my daughter) are already on their way to school. Let's see if German school is a total culture clash for (Leslie's) Hannah or if it turns out to be not *that* different.
Leslie is back to sleep, which I would also do if I hadn't two more kids to get ready for the day.

*big yawn* still tired...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8194 on: September 22, 2008, 02:55:33 am »
That is SO cool, that Hannah is going to school with Hannah.  Can't wait to hear how it went for her.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8195 on: September 22, 2008, 03:20:14 am »
Chrissi, that will be a wonderful experience for Leslie's Hannah! Please tell us how she liked it! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8196 on: September 22, 2008, 03:38:24 am »
Good morning,

I managed to wake up enough to get (my) Hannah up. I was going to go downstairs with her and then thought, Chrissi doesn't need one more half-asleep person underfoot while she feeds these kids breakfast and gets them out the door! LOL. So I went back to bed and immediately went sound asleep (unusual for me to fall asleep again so quickly) and now I am up and ready to face the day.

11 degrees this morning and a bit overcast. Unfortunately, the weather report for the next few days is not too great. Oh well...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8197 on: September 22, 2008, 06:56:03 am »
good morning everyone! ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

« Reply #8198 on: September 22, 2008, 09:15:44 am »
I am sure some of you must think my bad luck with appliances doing their own thing or breaking cannot possibly happen to one perdosn,washer,dishwasher,tv,car,microwave etc.
well this a.m when I switched on my computer,this is what greeted me.I am getting neck ache already trying to use it.Also as everything is on its side now the mouse moves in the opposite direction too.

Needless to say, not a good start to the morning !!!!!

P.S does anyone know why the screen has decided to lie down sideways,even better know what to do about it?

At the moment I have to prop it up at 90 degs to read anything then put it back again to type !!!!

I can feel a serious bad mood comming on.

Offline optom3

« Reply #8199 on: September 22, 2008, 10:05:37 am »
Yippee fixed it,Somehow by pressing every button and going into every programme I could find,I came across one which said rotate so I did.Situation normal, good humour restored.

However, how did it do that while I was asleep ???

I am beginning to see why this house had been on the market for 4 months, during the hottest market ever back in 2005,it is haunted/jinxed !!!!

Most other houses here sold in days.